• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Darling Family June 2011: A Last Minute Budget Vacation

Hi! I just stumbled upon your TR, winding around this and that way! LOL! So I just thought I would pop in and say Hi! I see a few familiar names around here too!! :goodvibes I am a Maryland DISer! :thumbsup2 Just gearing up for a cruise next week, and we too had a great year of Annual Pass use too! I totally hear you about the unexpected trip to Disney and of course that mad dash at the end of the school year!! Back to read some more!!! :surfweb:

So these replies are very late, but better late than never, right?

Looks like a great way to end a fun trip! Those last moments are always a little bittersweet though. At least the boys got to finish their Duffy mission. Your PP obsession must be rubbing off on them too!!!

Do you have a picture of Wendy's name on the umbrella? I would love to see what it looks like! :goodvibes
Those last moments are always bittersweet. Especially because we won't all go back together for quite a while! I don't have a picture of Wendy's name on the umbrella. I'll try to remember to take one for you.

Mary Ellen is right...that picture of Wendy really needs to be in a frame...she's so adorable!:cutie:Great pictures of the boys with their Duffy's...they are so cute!

Your last line brought a happy tear to my eye...it's so true:hug:
I love the umbrella and Duffy pictures too. By the time we go next I really doubt the boys will be as excited about the characters so that will make me really cherish those Duffy pictures.

What a great way to end your trip! Thank you so much for sharing another trip with us. :thumbsup2
Thanks for following along! DH and I are headed back soon for another race trip. I'm not sure if I'll do a trip report or not. Life has just gotten so busy lately.

Great final entry to your trip report. Sounds like a great trip. I think it's definitely something we'll try to do in the future too as I think we could manage a budget trip! :)
Budget trips definitely beat no trips! We've decided not to go back as a family until Summer 2013. Knowing me I'll try to squeeze another budget trip in before that. (Without APs budget trips are tough though!)

Catching up....again.:goodvibes

Love all your photopass pics! I say it every trip but next time I'm going to make stopping for more pictures a priority.:thumbsup2 Whether the boys like it or not!:laughing: Actually I may steal your idea and get them their own card...hmm..that may just work!

Glad you were able to have that special time with Wendy at MK!:lovestruc Looks like you had a wonderful evening!:goodvibes

So cute about the Duffy Quest! So glad they were able to accomplish their mission!:thumbsup2

A great end to a great trip!!:goodvibes Thanks for sharing!!!
I hope you get all the Photopass pics you want next trip! They are really fun and it makes trip reporting much easier. Though I'm thinking we'll skip Photopass in January. How many pictures do I want of just me and DH.

Wonderful ending to your trip! I have that same Tink shirt!!!!!

I didn't know DVC members got 20% at Chefs. Good to know!

Cute Remy pictures.

I really enjoyed your TR!!!! Thanks!
Gotta love those DVC member discounts! It is only for lunch though.

The boys are so cute with their Duffys! I'm sorry your trip is over, I really enjoyed following along.

We're hoping to squeeze in a trip just before our APs expire next October!
I hope you get that extra trip!

Very cool that you got a visit from Remy during lunch :thumbsup2

That is a wonderful picture of the whole family (including a Duffy bear) on the bridge :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing another trip with us, it was fun to read along :)
Duffy Bear complete the family portrait.:laughing:

Awesome!! We pulled the kids out a few days before school ended as well. It is true.... they do just watch movies those last couple of days. Ha ha!
My kids have now decided they don't want to miss school for Disney anymore. So I guess we won't be doing that again. So sad.

We really enjoyed seeing Remy, I thought he was too cute!! glad to hear that you had a good last meal at WDW :goodvibes

I saw Duffy merchandise (stuffed bears and the outfits) EVERYWHERE when we were down there I couldnt help but think of you guys :rotfl:
The Duffy stuff is everywhere! Hope that marathon training is doing well.

Hi! I just stumbled upon your TR, winding around this and that way! LOL! So I just thought I would pop in and say Hi! I see a few familiar names around here too!! :goodvibes I am a Maryland DISer! :thumbsup2 Just gearing up for a cruise next week, and we too had a great year of Annual Pass use too! I totally hear you about the unexpected trip to Disney and of course that mad dash at the end of the school year!! Back to read some more!!! :surfweb:
Hi fellow Maryland DISer! I've seen you around on others reports. I hope you had a great cruise! Hopefully I'll see you more around the boards.

Finally all caught up :)

Love that you started your trip straight off with DHS and Star Wars Weekend :teeth:

Bonnet Creek looks lovely :)

Poor Wendy, nothing worse than feeling sick in Disney :(

Love all the drawings from your DHS day, you guys did pretty good :)

Wow your villa at OKW looks lovely, that master bed is huge!

Love that Tiana and Naveen interaction, sneaking in the shot. So cute :)

What a weird encounter in Mickey & Minnie's dressing room wonder why the CM shrieked Mickey's name like that, but I love the PP pics :)

Bless the boys getting in on the PP buzz :teeth:

I love love love those flip flops, so cute!

Love your girls evening in MK, I love that you guys do that. Such a cute princess encounter and I love the memory lane pics :)

Love the pics of the boys walking together with Duffy sticking out of their backpacks, too cute.

Thanks for sharing, was a blast reading along :) Now off to catch up on your PTR

Needing a fix to my Disney addiction and found your Trip Report. I really loved it!! Thank you for sharing. Have fun @ your bday trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter