The Darling Family June 2010 Trip Report: When are the Parents Showing Up?11/5 New TR

What a great way to end your trip! Sounds like you guys really had a wonderful vacation!
It was a wonderful vacation! Loved reliving it here on the DIS:goodvibes

Wonderful trip report. Thanks so much for sharing.

And as far as Toy Story 3, you weren't the only one crying. I balled too. My DS is only 4, but I could see him as plain as day leaving for college. And then just the overall sad aspect of it. And I agree why did Disney make Lotso so cute. I almost bought my DS a stuffed Lotso, before we saw the movie. So glad that I didn't.
That movie was a real tearjerker. Pixar is really good at making movies that touch home.

Thanks for the tip on getting Harry Potter merchandise at the Main Store. I'll keep that in mind should we decide to visit Universal next year. I know that you were sad to see your Disney/Universal vacation come to an end. But, at least you had one more stop before actually going home. The beach pictures are great. We haven't been to the beach in a long time either. Man, your tirp report has me wanting to add some days to our trip.:laughing:
I always want to add days on to my vacation! Drives my DH crazy, but it always seems like longer is better:goodvibes This was my longest FL vacation yet and it was great!

Wow, I go out of town for a few days, and now your TR is almost over! :guilty:

Loved seeing the WWoHP shops! So cute, and authentic. I was thinking maybe I'd give Universal a try in January or February, but now that I know about all the water, I dunno... :confused3

Also, now I'm dying for some time on a nice beach!
I have to hurry up and finish the report so I can get ready to head back down in a few weeks. Tough life I know:laughing: As far as the water at Universal there is definitely enough to do that you could keep busy, but still avoid the water rides.

Wow I can't believe your TR is almost over already, and I have enjoyed reading every installment of it.

That's nice that you were able to squeeze in a visit to the beach at the end. It must have been nice to at least have something to look forward to on the drive home.

I'm looking forward to hearing your final thoughts:goodvibes
Thank you so much. I've enjoyed writing every installment of it! Final thoughts are coming right up.

Ah. . .SOuth Carolina beaches. You know, I live near Myrtle Beach . . .

This was really a good extension for you all. I'm glad you enjoyed Hilton Head--it really is nice down there.
I would love to near one of the SC beaches! They are heavenly:cloud9:

It is always sad when trip reports end, but I’ll be heading back to the World really soon so I can’t be too sad. This was another fabulous trip. I had so much fun with my boys (which is pretty obvious.) Wendy absolutely loved her cruise. She tells me it was the best vacation of her life. It was also great to experience Universal for the first time with the whole family. I loved Old Key West.:cloud9: Such a laid back vibe at this resort. The only downside to it is its location away from any parks. Since we had the car this didn’t bother us one bit this trip. If we’d had to use the buses all the time that might have bothered us a tad. I really hope to stay here again in the future. I really want to show DH all of Old Key West’s charm. Universal was also great!:thumbsup2 It was definitely worth it to stay on site. The Universal Express pass made the whole experience 10 times better. Never having to stand in line is incredible! WWoHP was amazing! Hopefully the crowds die down eventually and we can go back and really appreciate all of the details.

So what is coming up in the immediate future? The whole Darling Family is going down for Halloween weekend.:banana: We’re only staying 2 nights. The 1st night we will stay at Shades of Green (can’t beat the price and the location) so we are close to the Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP. We have some awesome costumes. What will we be? Why the Darlings, of course.;) Wendy is Wendy, John is John and Michael is Michael. DH will be at Disney so he will turn into Peter Pan. Since Mrs. Darling doesn’t go to Neverland I’m going to be Tinkerbell. I can’t wait for the pictures! The photopass photographers better get ready!:laughing: The 2nd night we’ll be staying at Animal Kingdom villas Kidani. We’re really excited to check out this resort. Hopefully we’ll get to spend some time there. We’ll be on the Deluxe Dining Plan for that night so we’ll eat well. We may also pop over to Animal Kingdom park for a bit. The next day we have a late lunch at Le Cellier (DH’s favorite) and then we take a flight home that evening. It is a quick trip, but we’ll have a great time.

Then in January is the big event. Marathon Weekend. We’re going down for a week at the Boardwalk Villas. This will be the first stay in our DVC home resort. The plan is for all of us to get medals. The kids will run the Mickey Mile on Friday. DH will run the half marathon on Saturday. Then on Sunday I’m doing my first full marathon!:scared1: I’m terrified and excited at the same time. After the weekend we will stay for a few more days to enjoy the low crowds and then we’ll come back to reality.

Thank you to all of you for coming along with me on this trip report! As you all know reliving the trip is almost as much fun as doing it the first time. And I love reliving it with all of my DIS friends that truly do get why Disney World is the most magical place there is! Don’t go too far away because I’ll be back soon with a Darling Family Halloween. Until then I hope to see you all around the boards!:grouphug:

I just realized that I forgot to tell you I was a cry baby too during Toy Story 3. I started crying when the toys thought they were going to be burned up and didn't really stop crying until the movie was over. Thankfully, we went to the movies at night so nobody could see my puffy eyes.;)

You and I were posting at the same time and I missed the "wrap up" post. I had a lot of fun reading all about your family's Disney adventures.

I know that you are excited about going to Disney for Halloween even if it is for just 2 days. Heck, it's better than spending 2 days at home, that's for sure.:thumbsup2 I look forward to reading the trip report about that visit as well.

Will you be doing a pre-trip report for your January trip? If so, please post the link so I can read along.

Then we went to Toy Story 3.

We went to see it on opening night as a family, and I remember crying so hard because my DS would be starting his junior year in high school and college is right around the corner! :sad1: I peeked over at him at one point and caught him wiping a tear when Andy was saying good-bye to his toys.

I knew that Lotso had been doing meet 'n greets at DHS, so I just "knew" he was going to be a good guy. I kept waiting for him to turn good, but it never happened. :headache:

The next day we headed to the beach.

Looks like lots of fun at the beach that day! :goodvibes

Don’t go too far away because I’ll be back soon with a Darling Family Halloween.

Please post a link when you start the new report! :yay:

Aww...it sounds like you had such a great last morning at the WWOHP. :goodvibesI still can't get over all the details that they put into everything...amazing!:thumbsup2

What a wonderful way to end your vacation....Toy Story 3 (love that movie:lovestruc....but I cried so hard:rolleyes:) and a day at the beach!!!:cloud9: It looks like your kids had a great time! But...oh no about the sunburn....ouch.:sad2:

Thanks for your final thoughts!:goodvibes As usual, I loved reading your TR and I can't wait to read about your Halloween trip. I've heard such great things about MNSSHP! (hoping we can make it one of these years;)) Thanks again for sharing!!:goodvibes

Thank you so much for letting me tag along on your trip report. It was great to get to know the Darling Family.:lovestruc

Have fun at the end of the month!!

You and I were posting at the same time and I missed the "wrap up" post. I had a lot of fun reading all about your family's Disney adventures.

I know that you are excited about going to Disney for Halloween even if it is for just 2 days. Heck, it's better than spending 2 days at home, that's for sure.:thumbsup2 I look forward to reading the trip report about that visit as well.

Will you be doing a pre-trip report for your January trip? If so, please post the link so I can read along.
Thanks for coming along for the ride:) I may do a pre-trip report for January. When I get back from my October trip I'll work on that trip report (which will be pretty short.) Once I finish the October report then I'll decided if I'll do a pre-trippie. I suspect life will be a bit busy with the holidays and training for a marathon so it may not happen. If I do I'll let you know.

We went to see it on opening night as a family, and I remember crying so hard because my DS would be starting his junior year in high school and college is right around the corner! :sad1: I peeked over at him at one point and caught him wiping a tear when Andy was saying good-bye to his toys.

I knew that Lotso had been doing meet 'n greets at DHS, so I just "knew" he was going to be a good guy. I kept waiting for him to turn good, but it never happened. :headache:

I imagine Toy Story 3 must really touch home if he your son is so close to heading to college. It all seems to go by in a flash! I just try to enjoy the moment.

Looks like lots of fun at the beach that day! :goodvibes

The beach is always fun (as long as the sun is shining.)

Please post a link when you start the new report! :yay:
I'll definitely post a link here. Hopefully they don't move it to completed trippies. Maybe I'll post an update every few days so it still appears to be an active trip report.

Aww...it sounds like you had such a great last morning at the WWOHP. :goodvibesI still can't get over all the details that they put into everything...amazing!:thumbsup2

What a wonderful way to end your vacation....Toy Story 3 (love that movie:lovestruc....but I cried so hard:rolleyes:) and a day at the beach!!!:cloud9: It looks like your kids had a great time! But...oh no about the sunburn....ouch.:sad2:

Thanks for your final thoughts!:goodvibes As usual, I loved reading your TR and I can't wait to read about your Halloween trip. I've heard such great things about MNSSHP! (hoping we can make it one of these years;)) Thanks again for sharing!!:goodvibes
WWOHP is a homerun IMHO! It was a great end to our vacation. Kind of a winding down plus it made the drive much more bearable to split it up a bit. You'd think I'd learn about the sunburn thing. I'm careful with my kids, but not so much with myself:rolleyes1 Hopefully I'll have a great report to share of the MNSSHP!

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! I enjoyed it and look forward to your next report.
Thanks for reading along! As you know trip report writing wouldn't be near as much fun without great readers!

Thank you so much for letting me tag along on your trip report. It was great to get to know the Darling Family.:lovestruc

Have fun at the end of the month!!
Thanks for coming along with us! It was fun to swap stories since we were there at the same time:)

Don't worry, you are not the only one who cried during TS3. The ending especially was so sad! It was funny because a few weeks ago they were showing it at the theater where I went to college so I went with my sister. There was this one guy in front of us who I'm pretty sure started crying at the end because one of the other guys he was with put his arm around him and one of the girls started looking at him. LOL! I think it was a pretty common reaction!

Cool you are going in January! My cousin is doing the marathon in Jan. and is taking his wife and kids for the first time. We thought about going then too but it just didn't work out with school. I would've loved to go just to see their reactions (the kids are 5 and 7).

And a short trip for Halloween sounds better than no trip at all. ;)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I got behind yet again. Your final thoughts brought a tear to my eye. Happy you have more trips planned. Maybe I can meet ya sometime.

Your trip to Universal got me thinking of going. All the details about WWOHP! Jacob's b-day is next month and I'm getting ready to call and see if we can get a decent rate on a room. Possibly take a friend a long, if the DH will agree to it.

And you are so right about the raft ride. You can not get off that thing a little wet. SOAKED is all you get. It is the only ride like that I have ever been on that did that. I've probably been on 8 different ones and none were as wet as that one. Sadly, don't think anyone would go in November though.

Sorry you didn't get to ride the log one though. Sorry forgot the name. It is a nice ride. That whole area is themed so well.

And I love your DH's Yoda shirt. Hadn't seen that one before, may have to get it.

Then in January is the big event. Marathon Weekend. We’re going down for a week at the Boardwalk Villas. This will be the first stay in our DVC home resort. The plan is for all of us to get medals. The kids will run the Mickey Mile on Friday. DH will run the half marathon on Saturday. Then on Sunday I’m doing my first full marathon!:scared1: I’m terrified and excited at the same time. After the weekend we will stay for a few more days to enjoy the low crowds and then we’ll come back to reality.

I'm so excited for your first marathon! Maybe Liz and I can come cheer you on. :goodvibes How is the training going?

Looks like I finally made my way back over here just in time for final thoughts. :rolleyes1 Loved your beach pictures. There is nothing in this world that relaxes me more than spending time at the ocean. :love:

Don't worry, you are not the only one who cried during TS3. The ending especially was so sad! It was funny because a few weeks ago they were showing it at the theater where I went to college so I went with my sister. There was this one guy in front of us who I'm pretty sure started crying at the end because one of the other guys he was with put his arm around him and one of the girls started looking at him. LOL! I think it was a pretty common reaction!

Cool you are going in January! My cousin is doing the marathon in Jan. and is taking his wife and kids for the first time. We thought about going then too but it just didn't work out with school. I would've loved to go just to see their reactions (the kids are 5 and 7).

And a short trip for Halloween sounds better than no trip at all. ;)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
OK if college boys cry at Toy Story I'm not embarrased that I did too! I can't wait for both the October and January trips! I'm definitely a bit spoiled this year.

I got behind yet again. Your final thoughts brought a tear to my eye. Happy you have more trips planned. Maybe I can meet ya sometime.

Your trip to Universal got me thinking of going. All the details about WWOHP! Jacob's b-day is next month and I'm getting ready to call and see if we can get a decent rate on a room. Possibly take a friend a long, if the DH will agree to it.

And you are so right about the raft ride. You can not get off that thing a little wet. SOAKED is all you get. It is the only ride like that I have ever been on that did that. I've probably been on 8 different ones and none were as wet as that one. Sadly, don't think anyone would go in November though.

Sorry you didn't get to ride the log one though. Sorry forgot the name. It is a nice ride. That whole area is themed so well.

And I love your DH's Yoda shirt. Hadn't seen that one before, may have to get it.
I'll be excited to hear the report if you end up doing Harry Potter. I'd guess the crowds have died down quite a bit since June. DH got that Yoda shirt for SWW in 2009. He loves it and wears it all the time! I can't remember where we got it, but it was some t-shirt site on line. Not very helpful. Sorry.

I'm so excited for your first marathon! Maybe Liz and I can come cheer you on. :goodvibes How is the training going?

Looks like I finally made my way back over here just in time for final thoughts. :rolleyes1 Loved your beach pictures. There is nothing in this world that relaxes me more than spending time at the ocean. :love:
The marathon training is going well so far. I'm up to 10 miles, but I still have a long way to go. I try not to think about that though. I just take it one week at a time.

I really enjoyed hearing about your trip! I am excited to see WWoHP next summer after seeing your pictures. I am excited to hear about your Halloween adventures and about your marathon. Good luck with that!

I really enjoyed hearing about your trip! I am excited to see WWoHP next summer after seeing your pictures. I am excited to hear about your Halloween adventures and about your marathon. Good luck with that!

Thanks for following along:goodvibes You will love WWoHP! It is a great place and I'm very excited for my Halloween adventures as well. The Marathon is a bit more scary:eek:

I can't wait to go and see WWOHP...your pictures are great! Loved the chocolate frog....too cute!!

I didn't realize only one person out of 25 got to choose a wand...that's good to know!!!

I can't wait to go and see WWOHP...your pictures are great! Loved the chocolate frog....too cute!!

I didn't realize only one person out of 25 got to choose a wand...that's good to know!!!

Too bad the chocolate frog doesn't taste very good.:rolleyes: Maybe the wand choosing thing will change as the crowds die down and it will be easier to get a chance.

All caught up and really enjoyed reading along. Thanks for sharing with us :goodvibes

I am guessing you guys are at the World all ready for Halloween, hope you are having a blast and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)

All caught up and really enjoyed reading along. Thanks for sharing with us :goodvibes

I am guessing you guys are at the World all ready for Halloween, hope you are having a blast and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)

We are back! And so are you! I"m going to head over to your trip report soon. We had a great time, but I'm not sure when I'll get to the trip report. It's a bit trickier to find time for DISing during the school year. The party was great! DH and the kids costumes were absolutely adorable. The best ones at the party IMHO:goodvibes They got so many compliments and awesome character interactions! Hopefully I'll get around to telling everyone about it sooner rather than later:goodvibes

We are back! And so are you! I"m going to head over to your trip report soon. We had a great time, but I'm not sure when I'll get to the trip report. It's a bit trickier to find time for DISing during the school year. The party was great! DH and the kids costumes were absolutely adorable. The best ones at the party IMHO:goodvibes They got so many compliments and awesome character interactions! Hopefully I'll get around to telling everyone about it sooner rather than later:goodvibes

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. I know what you mean about it being hard to find time to Dis once the school year has started. I can't seem to get caught up with my own trip report much less everybody else's.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter