The Darling Family June 2010 Trip Report: When are the Parents Showing Up?11/5 New TR

I was really excited about this parade. I’d seen it in Disneyland as a kid and was excited to see it again. Around 9:25 the parade finally made it over to us. Here are some of the pictures I took plus some shots that came with the photopass CD. (You can definitely tell the difference.) Enjoy.:goodvibes

DSC02340.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

Photo0031.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Had to take this picture of the Prince because I thought he was a rather cute prince.

DSC02351.jpg

046.jpg

Because we are Darlings had to get the shot of Big Ben.

DSC02354.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Here is a shot of Peter himself.

DSC02357.jpg

049.jpg

Loved this mine cart with Dopey at the helm.

050.jpg

DSC02364.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

The thing I remembered most about this parade from when I was a kid was Pete’s Dragon. He didn’t disappoint.

DSC02368.jpg

By the time the parade was over it was nearly time for the fireworks. Would we find a decent spot on Main Street?

So we headed over to Main Street and though it was crowded we were able to get a decent viewing spot. It was only a few minutes before the fireworks started. I’d actually seen this show before at a Pirate and Princess party so I was very excited to see it again. I love Wishes, of course, but I think this show is better. I love how the pirates storm the castle and Tinkerbell saves the day! Just awesome. Here are a few shots from the show, but they aren’t that great.

DSC02374.jpg

DSC02375.jpg

DSC02376.jpg

Notice how the castle looks like it’s on fire.

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

So after the show the crowds headed for the exit. Since it was our last night at Disney I saw no reason to join the rush. Instead we headed back to Fantasyland to use our Pooh fastpasses. It was our last Disney ride of the trip.:sad2:

DSC02383.jpg

Michael especially was tired, so we decided to head back to Old Key West. I couldn’t pass up getting one last photopass picture on the way out.:laughing:

Photo0371.jpg

Photo0374.jpg

Then we headed down Main Street.

DSC02385.jpg

At this point John reminded me I had promised him a balloon earlier in the trip. I realized this would be our last chance. So I headed over to the balloon guy and asked him how much. The balloons were a tad overpriced at $10 so I told the kids I would get them one to share. Then I whipped out the credit card and the balloon man said cash only.:eek: I dug through my pockets, but could only come up with a couple of bucks. I apologized to the balloon man and to the kids. Then a moment of Disney Magic. The balloon man took a balloon and handed it to John.:goodvibes I thanked him profusely. John, of course, was thrilled. Here he is

DSC02391.jpg

Here is Wendy with the other side.

DSC02389.jpg

So after that last bit of Disney Magic we headed out to the bus stop. It’s always sad to say goodbye, but we were headed over to Universal the next day so that made it a bit easier. (Not to mention we had 2 more trips in the works.) Tired, but happy we arrived back at Old Key West for our last night on Disney property. The next day we were picking up DH at the airport so he could finally join the vacation.:yay: We all had sweet dreams.:cloud9:

That's SO great that you got the balloon anyway! I love when Disney magic strikes - and it's never when you expect it!
It's nice to see I'm not the only one who had a cell phone emergency on the trip!!! :lmao: Thank goodness for a lucky break there!

Amanda

Wow! Sooo many updates-I love it! :goodvibes

CONGRATS on DVC!! I am sooo jealous! I think you did make a great choice in BWV! They look so large--perfect! Also, LOVE the pool hopping :thumbsup2

Looks like you had a great day at Epcot. I will have to look for those cookies during our next trip. Also, your lunch at The Plaza looked really yummy!

What a funny story about your cell phone! So happy it did not go down :scared1:

Great updates :)

PhilharMagic is such a cool attraction, it really does get you smiling :goodvibes

MEP looks soo cool, am very excited to see it this year.

How nice of the CM to give John a balloon, little bit of Disney Magic to end the evening :)

Awesome updates! You know I enjoyed the MSEP/fireworks too.

I can't wait to hear about your Universal day!!!

I'm still here reading along and enjoying your report Jenny! I can't wait to try the cheesesteak at The Plaza...mmmm. I could go for one right NOW!

I loved the MSEP, as well, but I still prefer Spectromagic. I guess it's because that was my first ever Disney parade. But let me tell you, I absolutely adored the Summer Nightastic fireworks. They were truly a great Disney display!

I love the cm gave your kids a balloon. That was so sweet of him! That reminds me that I plan on picking up one for Boo before I leave in December.

I did get a reservation at Plaza. I got a dinner ressie (5:30ish, I believe) and it's my only reservation that day. I probably will go to Beaches and Cream that morning, but I ave to have that philly cheesesteak now that I've seen it!

I have got to stop getting behind.:sad2: That is amazing that your phone fell where it did. Yes, I was that far behind. With my luck when the CM tried to grab it would have fallen in.

Love all the photopass pics, especially the last Tinkerbell one and the very last one in front of the castle.

We have eaten at the Plaza. I have a feeling that if I show that pic of Cheesesteak to DH, we will be going there. And your dessert looked fabulous!

Can't wait to hear about your Harry Potter adventures.:cool1:

That's SO great that you got the balloon anyway! I love when Disney magic strikes - and it's never when you expect it!
It's nice to see I'm not the only one who had a cell phone emergency on the trip!!! :lmao: Thank goodness for a lucky break there!

Amanda
Gotta love the Disney Magic. And those cell phones can definitely create trouble on vacation:laughing:

Wow! Sooo many updates-I love it! :goodvibes

CONGRATS on DVC!! I am sooo jealous! I think you did make a great choice in BWV! They look so large--perfect! Also, LOVE the pool hopping :thumbsup2

Looks like you had a great day at Epcot. I will have to look for those cookies during our next trip. Also, your lunch at The Plaza looked really yummy!

What a funny story about your cell phone! So happy it did not go down :scared1:
Thanks for the DVC congrats. I'm pretty sure we will love BWV. Now if only we had more points:rolleyes1 FWIW I love Hob Nobs, but my DH not so much. So you might be a little disappointed. (Though my kids think they are pretty great too.) The phone really was a little (or a lot) Disney Magic.

Great updates :)

PhilharMagic is such a cool attraction, it really does get you smiling :goodvibes

MEP looks soo cool, am very excited to see it this year.

How nice of the CM to give John a balloon, little bit of Disney Magic to end the evening :)
You will be on Philharmagic and viewing the MSEP before you know it:goodvibes The balloon was a great way to end our Disney time (though Michael cut a whole in it the next day so it didn't make it home with us):rolleyes:

Awesome updates! You know I enjoyed the MSEP/fireworks too.

I can't wait to hear about your Universal day!!!
Summer Nightastic was great! And finally getting to the Universal stuff soon. Only took me 3 months:laughing:

I'm still here reading along and enjoying your report Jenny! I can't wait to try the cheesesteak at The Plaza...mmmm. I could go for one right NOW!
Hey stranger. Hope the cheesesteak doesn't disappoint. You'll be running through Epcot in the dark in a couple of weeks. Are you ready?

I loved the MSEP, as well, but I still prefer Spectromagic. I guess it's because that was my first ever Disney parade. But let me tell you, I absolutely adored the Summer Nightastic fireworks. They were truly a great Disney display!

I love the cm gave your kids a balloon. That was so sweet of him! That reminds me that I plan on picking up one for Boo before I leave in December.

I did get a reservation at Plaza. I got a dinner ressie (5:30ish, I believe) and it's my only reservation that day. I probably will go to Beaches and Cream that morning, but I ave to have that philly cheesesteak now that I've seen it!
I'm glad we got to see the Summer Nightastic stuff. Those fireworks are incredible. I'm glad you got the Plaza reservation. What a great meal day you will have. Beaches and Cream plus the Plaza on the same day! Yummy! Think of all that great ice cream you could have too:goodvibes

I have got to stop getting behind.:sad2: That is amazing that your phone fell where it did. Yes, I was that far behind. With my luck when the CM tried to grab it would have fallen in.

Love all the photopass pics, especially the last Tinkerbell one and the very last one in front of the castle.

We have eaten at the Plaza. I have a feeling that if I show that pic of Cheesesteak to DH, we will be going there. And your dessert looked fabulous!

Can't wait to hear about your Harry Potter adventures.:cool1:

Don't worry about getting behind. I've been updating fast and furious. Need to get this trip report finished so I can focus on our upcoming October trip. That last Tinkerbell picture really is a crack up:lmao: I'd show that picture to your DH soon if it will get you to the Plaza. I'm getting to the Harry Potter stuff slowly, but surely.

Your parade pics are great! The fireworks do look great, but nothing could be Wishes to me!
What a wonderful moment of Disney magic! That was very nice of that CM.

I'm finally all caught up:goodvibes

Your photopass pics turned out terrific and I have to agree about how great the food is at the plaza...especially the ice cream.

Can't wait to hear more

That is so nice about the balloon! Between that and the phone, you really did have a magical day.

I can't wait to hear about Harry Potter...

I think I'm all caught up now! Great TR!

I'm glad you liked the Plaza -- my plan for October (we're there 10/24-10/30) is to eat dinner there on a non-MNSSHP night so my little ones can watch Wishes. I'd love to go to the party, but I know my girls will crash & burn that late.

Can't wait to hear about Harry :)

Your parade pics are great! The fireworks do look great, but nothing could be Wishes to me!
What a wonderful moment of Disney magic! That was very nice of that CM.
I agree that Wishes is definitely something special. It can bring tears to my eyes. These fireworks were more about showmanship if that makes sense. So fun to watch the castle being stormed and then Tink saving the day.

I'm finally all caught up:goodvibes

Your photopass pics turned out terrific and I have to agree about how great the food is at the plaza...especially the ice cream.

Can't wait to hear more
We take so many photopass pictures that we are bound to get some good ones, right?:laughing: I do love my Plaza!

That is so nice about the balloon! Between that and the phone, you really did have a magical day.

I can't wait to hear about Harry Potter...
Definitely a great Disney day. Harry Potter was great too (Nothing beats Disney for me though)

I think I'm all caught up now! Great TR!

I'm glad you liked the Plaza -- my plan for October (we're there 10/24-10/30) is to eat dinner there on a non-MNSSHP night so my little ones can watch Wishes. I'd love to go to the party, but I know my girls will crash & burn that late.

Can't wait to hear about Harry :)
Great plan! After a yummy dinner you can just wander out and hopefully find a great viewing spot. The party really does go late for little ones. It's nice how Wishes is earlier in the fall and winter than in the summer.

How sweet of the balloon guy to spread a little pixie dust! That's one of the reasons I love Disney so.

It really is those little things that set Disney apart and keeps me coming back (and my money too so must be a smart business move):rotfl:

Our check out day had arrived. We slept in and then spent the morning packing up our room. DH’s flight arrived around noon and we were planning on heading straight to Universal from the airport. As we were preparing to say goodbye to Old Key West Wendy insisted on this picture of her with her new pearl necklace.

DSC02393.jpg

We headed out around 10:00 and drove over to Downtown Disney to use up our last CS credits and pick up our last souvenirs. Breakfast was at Wolfgang Puck Express and it was just as yummy as our dinner had been a few days before. Here are Wendy and John.

DSC02395.jpg

Wendy taking a picture of me taking a picture.:rotfl:

DSC02396.jpg

I had the breakfast pizza and it was yummy!:thumbsup2

DSC02397.jpg

This is such a great restaurant if you’re on the dining plan. Such a steal for a CS credit. After breakfast we headed over to do use up our last snack credits at Goofy’s Candy Company. On the way John wanted to pose for this shot with Donald.

DSC02399.jpg

Here is some of what we got at Goofy’s.

DSC02400.jpg

Those gummy candys didn’t fare too well. They were in the car all afternoon and by the time they reached our hotel room they were quite a bit worse for the wear.:eek: I don’t think they got eaten. Last stop of the morning was here.

DSC02401.jpg

I inisted the boys take this shot since this was a Pirate trip.

DSC02402.jpg

We were due at the airport in less than an hour so this was a whirlwind shopping trip, but here is what we came out with. Most of this stuff is for me and Wendy. The boys had spent all of their money already.

DSC02696.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

This first Minnie was for our 6 month old niece. I wanted to be the one to introduce her to Disney.

DSC02717.jpg

And that was it for Disney this trip. We hopped into the van and headed to the airport to pick up DH. Our Universal and Harry Potter adventure was about to begin.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter