~The Daily Grind~ 9/11/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Before Bed Routine!

~The Daily Grind~ 9/11/09 It's Friday!

WOW, it's 9/11 again. OK, where were you? I was out to breakfast with my mom, and had to pick the kids up from school. They were little, so we went to blockbuster and rented movies for the rest of the day so I didn't have to put on the news. Mom and I went to another room to keep updated.

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Stay on points!

Work till 3p

365 pic

Tan

Swish and Swipe

Dinner... not a clue :confused3

Have a Great Day and a GREAT Weekend everyone!!! :teeth

I was at work at the pharmacy I went home for a tv so we could stay updated. mom tried so hard to keep the boys from seeing but she caught levi on the landing watching it he was 3 so we explained about bad people and what not. kind of like sadaam and that whole mess

I have to clean this pit I'm calling a house kitchen and living room will be spotless by 12 I am not allowed on the computer till it's done
other than that and finding something for dinner I have no plans. Th house will be spotless and the boys are not going to be happy cause mamma ain't happy

Have a great day all.

I was watching the morning news at home(we were living with my parents) and saw it occuring as the newscasters did on tv.

My little brother was at school and he stayed there (they did not close them or say anything to the elementary schools here).

Rebecca

I was watching the morning news at home(we were living with my parents) and saw it occuring as the newscasters did on tv.

My little brother was at school and he stayed there (they did not close them or say anything to the elementary schools here).

Rebecca

I was driving DD to my mom's and then I was going to work. I had actually turned the tv off right before it happened. My SIL called me in the car to tell me what was happening and then I called my mom because I knew she wouldn't have the tv on. Mom and I were glued to the tv and DD (who was 1.5) walked up to the tv and turned it off. She knew something was upsetting her mom and Grammy.

It's going to be a goofy day. We are going to my SIL's tonight so that we can be there for the memorial service at 10 am Sat morning. But first the kids have dentist appointments.

coffee
coffee
DD up
DS up
DD dressed, fed, hair done
DS dressed, fed, hair done
dressed
make bed

swish and swipe
dishes
shine the sink

kids to the dentist
DD to school

charge Nintendo DS's
loving movement workout
laundry going
pack
talk to Mom
clean out the car
clean out my purse
load the car
figure out when DH is getting off
pick up DD
figure out dinner
leave

Y'all have a good weekend!

I was at home getting ready to take MIL to the chiro which is right down the road from the Navy base. I called her about the time the second plane hit, she had no idea what was going on since she didn't watch much TV. There was no way I was going anywhere near a sub base and the nuclear power plant.
DH had flown out of Providence the day before to got to Philly or Pittsburgh, I can't remember. His bosses were supposed to be at the World Trade Center in Boston on the 11th too.
When Flight 93 was in the air DH called me to ask why everyone in the building next door was being evacuated, they thought 93 was headed to that building. So him and the 2 guys he was with got in the rental car and drove to Buffalo and across the Mass Pike to come home, it took 11 hours. I told him to stay away from as many major cities as possible since we didn't know if any more planes were hijacked. And there was no way he was going to get even close to NYC (have to go that way to get to CT via 95).

In the mean time I picked DS13 up from Pre-k because DH was sure that 93 was going to hit the building they were in and I was not going to watch that happen on TV, we watched Cartoons all day and I went into Navy wife mode calling the other wives and the bosses and keeping everyone updated, looking for alternate routes, etc.

Dh needs to call those guys tomorrow. He lost that job due to finances shortly afterward and we don't see the guys anymore but they all call each other every Sept 11th.

to do:

take kids to school
call customs to see if the car has been inspected and released

if so, Drive to New Jersey and get said car

race home

get kids from friends

homework

dinner

bed, I'm exhausted!

I was at work. We had to go into our agencies emergency preparedness plan. What a horrible, horrible day.:sad2:

My to do list:

Apparently my day is starting very early. :headache:
Up, shower, and paint all my poison oak/sumac spots with the cream.
Get DD up and ready for school
Write in DD's communication book
Caffeinate
Work
Grocery store to purchase food for tomorrow's crop
Home
Dinner
Oversee tubbie time
Pack van for tomorrow's crop

I was at work, too. One of the teachers had her TV on to teach something for English class (watching body language or something) when the news broke. She called down to tell us, just as DH called me from work to tell me. What a sad, sad day.

I was so glad to feel well enough to go back to work yesterday! Of course, after work, I was draggy and didn't get much accomplished, so I'm hoping to knock it out this weekend!! 3 WEEKS 'TIL DISNEY!! Woohoo!!!

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Dust living room
4. Make baggies for resort swap
5. PM Holly :yay:
6. DS up
7. DS to Mom's
8. Work--got a goal to meet today!!
9. Tan--can't scare Mickey with my paleness
10. Pick up DS
11. Fold laundry
12. Wash laundry before it takes over
13. DH & DS to grocery store
14. Finish last group of resort swap & bag

15. DH--change cat litter
16. Get stuff together for tomorrow
17. Watch "Glee" from Wednesday night
18. Week of P365 journaling
19. Go to bed sort of early

Everyone have a wonderful Friday!!!

I was in the computer lab at DS's school helping the kids on the computers when one of the other Moms got a phone call saying what happened. I then went and worked in DS's classroom. His teacher was really worried because her DH was on a flight that morning and she hadn't been able to get in touch with him. He finally was able to get through to her a few hours later. I didn't get a chance to see a tv until that afternoon after we left school.

My day today:
DS up and off to school
Fiddle and fidget with things around here until it's time to leave for job interview
Relax and destress after job interview
Get the Kenny Chesney concert tickets out for DS. He and a friend are going to that concert tonight. It should be a really good one!
Order tickets for In The Heights for me and DS

Go to library
Go to grocery store
Go to metal shop and pick up metal thingy DH designed for the set of the play DS's in at school shop
Scrap

Have a great day everyone!

Today:

Pack thing up for trip: silver service, a few platters, muffins, boxes and candy, clothes, table runner
Go to PO
Head to Labelle for staying overnight and shower

Rebecca

2nd attempt at this. my computer blipped!

i was at work pregnant with ds and wondering what the heck i was doing bringing a baby into this crazy world! mom was out shopping and i could not reach her. i was crazy worried. she was out buying me this very tall fake christmas tree that i was obsessed with. -yes that was her- anything i wanted she found a way to get it for me!- now every time i look at it, i think of 9/11. a co worker who had the day off called to tell us about it and i turned the radio on and it said it hit the pentagon. so i called her back and said it did not hit the towers it was the pentagon. and she said no it was both! oh great. fast forward one year and i took the head honcho job at work and fast forward 3 years and i took the job i'm at now. weird. for our generation it's the where were you on 9/11. for mom's generation it was where were you for JFK shooting. two very terrible days.

my list....

pm brooke :yay:
ds, up, dressed, breakfast, bus
me work -full day- winter hours are back! UGH
prep supper? no clue
laundry
put away one more box of mom's stuff
finish ds school paperwork
chat with dh about new furniture
chat with dh about oil budget? are we locking in? are we not?
dep dh's ck into cking

ok that'll get me rollin'!

i did talk to the bus driver and said under NO circumstances is he allowed off this bus if myself or dh is NOT in that driveway. got it? NO WAY/NO HOW/NEVER! the other mothers at the bus stop were like :scared1: what's up with holl? ds said that she said driving down our street yesterday afternoon, ok J you are not getting off unless Mom is there right?! and he said NO WAY/NO HOW/NEVER!:rotfl: gotta love him!

Where was I... I had been up all night w/ Bear.... I was on the couch trying to rest.. PJ had just left for school, DH was going away on business... DS13 was playing on the floor.. the phone rung... DH asked if I was watching the news.... no, why? He said we are turning around and headed home, call the school make sure they are watching the news...ok, flip the tv, call the school talk to secretary (they were not aware but had Principal right there w/ her).... DS13 asks what is going on as we see the 2nd plane hit the towers.. I screamed.... not more than 15 minutes later my brother called me from MACS- SC and asks what is going on? I tell him, he says, sis... if this is true, they'll put us on a boat to do our job.... I called the school back and they said they were on lock down and the kids knew nothing... however, I decided to take DS13 to school to keep his day as normal as possible; he was a kindergartner..lots of parents taking their kids home... I went to check on PJ and give her a hug and check on her teacher... Spent the next several days on the phone w/ my brother.. He was keeping me updated on his orders and my responsibility as POA etc... I still have all the paperwork.... He called several times and I can still hear the roar of the fighter planes taking off from the base to head towards awaiting carriers... He shipped out on 9/19 for his first tour of duty.
My heart continues to go out to all of us, because all of us were effected by this situation...

I was so mad last night, I did most of my chores for today last night... So my list for today is minimal... I already have a major amount of my normal morning routine done... so here is what is left....

older kids 2nd call...
ck email/Dis
load of towels to dryer
older kids on bus

fold load of towels
template the embellished shapes for DHS element group (love the topper I did)
pull papers/ swap elements/photos for scrappin' tonight
make list of photos to take today
clean bathroom
pick up Nate @ 1030
lunch
kit pages
elem homework
older kids' homework
pick up DD from XC
make sure all the kids' sporting stuff is ready for games/meets tomorrow
make PJ a sign "Run like the wind Bullseye"... since I won't be at her meet on Sat./Bear's football game conflicts.. :( ( I missed his game 2 weeks ago for her meet @ home: I'll miss next week's FB game for her big meet @ FlashRock).
dinner
scrappin' @ 7pm

okay I lied I'm on the computer had to check on and update of Bubba and the bus. I'm so glad they will keep them on the bus in your town Holly. Our busing is awful DS8 gets on the bus at 6:54 and off at 3:55 he's gone longer than most adults.

The kitchen is almost done except for swill to pigs and empty and reload of the dishwasher, living room I'm attacking now.

Boys figured out this am mom isn't kidding both got got up to their alarms, DS11 even showered this am with out being asked:scared1: I only had to say once we're leaving for the bus stop. Course they've both lost tv for tonight and the 11 yr old for the weekend. Now I just need to get nana and papa to stick to that rule for tomorrow while we're at the annual snowmobile state meeting.
off to clean will check in later have a great day everyone
Brooke glad you felt up to going to work yesterday

I was heading to my third grade class. We stayed in school the whole day, it was probably a year later before I actually knew what happened and even longer before I understood.

School (3 tests! Oh, no!)
Laundry
Exercise
Homework
Read

Easy day today, hooray it's Friday!
Have a great day everyone!

My youngest was 11 days old. Little Bit, Eldest and I were sitting in the truck waiting for DH to pay for some lumber at the lumber yard. The bathroom still didn't have a vanity in the new house and he was going to build it.

Today is finish cleaning up day.
Finish up swaps day.
Get stuff ready to mail out day. Have Buffy's tags I need to get postal. Sorry for my delay.
Take kiddos to Corn Festival. It is all outdoors, so I'm pretty sure I don't have to be skitzo about germs.

I was sitting at my counter cutting out coupons. PrincessM had just turned 14 months old the day before and was napping. DH called me and told me to turn on the news, he had heard about it on Howard Stern. I kept the TV on Disney most of the day, even though Princess was only 14 months old, I didn't want her to see that. It was just horrible.

I'm working today. I sooooo don't want to be here. Only 2 days of work this week, and that's still way toooooo many!

I have to get my Brownie stuff ready for tomorrow, I'm passing off the craft stuff to the leader who is staying in Brownies (I'm moving up to Juniors) at 9:30 tomorrow morning. We're meeting to discuss our "roles" for the coming year. Should be interesting.

Holly, good for you! WTG. J is NOT allowed to get off the bus unless you or D are there. That's a good policy!

Ok, making note..after ready HS newsletter.. no drinking the school water... all kinds of expectant mothers! LOL

ETA: clarification, these are teachers NOT students!

Nancy you just scared me half to death. but maybe a good tactic into scaring all the teenage girls

LOL!!! I'm going to get on PJ as she didn't tell me one of the teacher's expecting is her teacher for SPANISH!!! CRUSH! Now, who will we get... she'll get thru most of the 2nd tri-mester w/ her Spanish teacher... I just hate for her to get a teacher who can't teach Spanish! We have enough problems currently w/ my DsS who has a teacher who on the first day of school annouced "I'm rusty at Algebra, so we'll muddle thru this together".... Now, in Indiana they have to pass a Core 40 test for algebra or they can NOT graduate... We can't afford for our kids to muddle thru!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter