"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 10/2/10

It's The Weekend Day #1

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Feed Pups

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Drive to the beach for clean up... season is over :( They will be turning off the water and electric, so I'm done till spring...

Be back tomorrow night!

Deb, enjoy the last day at the beach for this season.

Today is the day I teach my scrapbook class for the first time at Michaels!!!! I'm excited, but also really nervous. I've got everything packed up and ready to go. The class is in 4 parts (one each week) and this week's class was set up to where I just talked. How boring is that? Who wants to go to a scrapbook class and not make something?:confused3 It's a set course that I've been through training to teach, but I can tweek it to make it more me and better to fit the students I get. So, I decided they needed a small project to work on. The last topic in today's class is matting (next week we get into color theory and layout design) so I'm bringing in some paper and we're going to make matted cards or if they prefer, just photo mats. That way they have something to take home and be excited about! Since this is a class of beginners I think that's better then just talking for 2 hours!

And, y'all helped me with this class as many of my examples of the different types of matting you can do are from swaps!:thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone!

:( to the end of the season, Deb. Just think of what you have to look forward to in the spring though (while you knit inside safe from the snow - Yeah, I said it! What about it?)

Have fun at your class, Stephanie. I'm sure you'll do great.

No plans other than Morgan's dance class and tie dying. I have a feeling it's going to be messy! :scared1:

Good day all!

Good Morning!

We leave for home this am :(

Today's list

Do laundry
go swimming
fold laundry
pack
drive to AKL for breakfast
drive to Jacksonville
see cousin
go out to dinner
bed

Happy Day, All!

Good morning!

Have a good trip Linda!
Steph- enjoy the class- I would like to make something if I was taking it.
Deb- enjoy the beach!

Today:
work day at church
bullitens
work on roladex cards/card swap
evening service

Rebecca

Good morning, everyone! I haven't gotten to check in the last few days. Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust to everyone in need!!

We're in the mountains today, tomorrow, and Monday. It's "turned off cold" here--it was 46 this morning, and expected to be 43 tomorrow morning. This is definitely a cold front for us! :rotfl2:

I know I mentioned my mom the other day--just wanted to update you. She has to have surgery. . .we are hoping it will be in December. It's a 6-10 week recovery time, and during the first 6 weeks, she can't lift ANYTHING (including DS, who she keeps), so we're adjusting time off to take care of it. We're SO lucky we work at understanding places!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Get ready
4. Breakfast

5. Go shopping for DS
6. Lunch
7. Watch FOOTBALL!!!!
8. Do some scrapping
9. Chili & pigs in a blanket for dinner!!
10. Check ADR's again--I get to make them TOMORROW!!!

I hope everyone has a super-awesome day!!

:flower3:Deb-hope you last visit to the beach is good
Steph - have fun teaching, I'd like to take something home too, good choice, you'll do great
Brooke - hope all goes well with your mom! good luck w/ADR's - I did mine on Thursday and got everything we wanted and on the days we wanted :cool1::cool1:
Linda - have a safe journey home!

PD to all in need!

made it through yesterday (DH bday) pretty good, I think Monday is going to be a tougher day for me (our anniv #13) enjoyed most of the dinner last night at my moms...my bro wife is still being a huge pain in my tush...the women just won't let certain things I did or said go....

Megan is going to a Lego conv today with both of my DB and DN so I get to hang out with the DSIL that I love (my older DB's) and we get a girl day, think we are going to the mall and lunch, mom might come...didn't invite the b***thy SIL.

If the weather is good tomorrow will be taking Megan up to where we got married, if not I think we will just stay home and hang, have a PJ day!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

I hope Monday isn't too difficult for you, Lisa. I can't imagine what you've gone through and what you still have to go through, and I don't mean this to be trite, but life is too short to waste time worrying about what people think of you...Don't sweat the small stuff.

On another note, we did the coolest.thing.ever. today! OMG, I'm in love with iron on vinyl! For our Pirates in the Caribbean party...

Morgan's (with her stupid rug on it too!)
DSC_3961.jpg

DSC_3969.jpg

DSC_3972.jpg

Mine:
DSC_3992.jpg

Dan's:
DSC_4002.jpg

I see a lot of potential here!

COOLEST.THINGS.E-V-E-R.!!!

Jennifer, those are awesome - you must be so pleased with your bad self:goodvibes. I love them. You did a great job.:thumbsup2

You'll have to give me a tutorial, I have my own little rock princess (not unlike yours) who would love those!:hippie:

Ok I am in total displacement activity mode. I have 1001 things on my list to do what with Randy's Mom's Services being in one week. What am I doing on the Dis!?! We have 4 people staying with us and many coming to visit. We get a phone call last night - Randy's dad and his "wife" would like to stay with us *tonight* because she has a class on Sunday morning in Quincy...

Arrgghh - Can't say no...So like I *crazy* woman I start cleaning the playroom and 2nd floor bath, on top of everthing else I had on my to do list. They are supposed to be here any minute now and all I want to do is go crawl into a hot bath with a big glass of wine...

OK - I'm done whining...for now:3dglasses

Ok I am in total displacement activity mode. I have 1001 things on my list to do what with Randy's Mom's Services being in one week. What am I doing on the Dis!?! We have 4 people staying with us and many coming to visit. We get a phone call last night - Randy's dad and his "wife" would like to stay with us *tonight* because she has a class on Sunday morning in Quincy...

Arrgghh - Can't say no...So like I *crazy* woman I start cleaning the playroom and 2nd floor bath, on top of everthing else I had on my to do list. They are supposed to be here any minute now and all I want to do is go crawl into a hot bath with a big glass of wine...

OK - I'm done whining...for now:3dglasses

Maybe there *are* advantages to little family. ;)

dh is :sick: I went to cousins alone until my allergies to their dog got to me and now we are tucked in for the night.

Good Morning!

We leave for home this am :(

Always a sad day to leave WDW. But just think, you are under triple digits for the Panama Cruise.

Sorry DH is sick. Is it a bug, cold? Hope it doesn't last long.

Jennifer, that shirt is ADORABLE!! and so is your little model. She is becoming quite the pre-teen isn't she?

Lisa :hug: Know that is he always in your heart and forever he will be. :lovestruc

SIOH, good luck to your Mom on her upcoming surgery.

Stephanie, good luck on your class! I want to hear all about it.

My to do list:

Take pictures of the bathroom before destructo man gets in there.
Make breakfast
Start stripping the bathroom
Go to Trader Joes, Christmas Tree Shop, and ACM
Make lunch for everyone
Finish stripping the wallpaper in the bathroom
Make chicken cordon bleu
Trying to get DD to settle down but unfortunate there is a 'tude brewing

If we survive the 'tweens, I'll be shocked! Her hair is driving me crazy, and she won't let me cut it any shorter!

Can you convince her to have it "shaped" to be neat and pretty for the cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter