• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Daily Grind ~ 1/4/13

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Mornin'!!! That night went by fast!!
I accomplished my entire list yesterday and a few extra things! :woohoo:

I'm up at o'dark thirty to get DD off to work...so I thought I would start this thread early and hopefully get a lot accomplished today since my parents are coming up for tomorrow... since I opted out of the basketball game the other night, I need to go to the game tonight.. :confused3

Today:

DD up and off to work
ck DIS
once over house (looks pretty good since everyone helped last night)
DH up and out the door

balance ckbk
pay bills
get ready to run errands (list only buys that are in the budget)
errands
home
lunch w/ kidlets

start :laundy: Moving right along....
sit down w/ DD and fill out and SUBMITTED FAFSA & next year's housing application will do housing tomorrow; site was down.. the sent the kids an email.. bless their hearts!!!
discuss w/ all 3 kids their class schedules for next year (DS12 will get to pick all his classes now)
call my God-son and wish him a happy birthday... he is 18 today.. and talk to him about his college choice.. he will be close to me for school!

Good morning.... TGIF !!!

Am spoiled by this shorter week - back to reality for next week. Really have nothing to complain about - the school where I am teaching part time is like heaven... Have some wonderful 3rd and 4th graders in my Reading grps.

Hoping Lisa and Megan get off just fine from Newark and get to experience all the memories of being close to where Jim last was.

Have a wonderful day everyone.:)

I'm working. I'm all thrown off from the short week, but I'm glad it's Friday!

Tonight is dance for the girl. Going to try to run to the grocery store while she's in class and get what we need for the next few days. NO plans for the weekend other than taking down the tree, so I would like to stay jammied up all weekend :)

Hope everyone is feeling good and has a great day!

Sounds like a fun way to spend the weekend Jennifer...

I may try that next weekend... PJ leaves on Friday to return to school and over the weekend she has sorority inititation..

Caroline, are you ready for Jan. 7th??? We are all excited.. everyone has their Irish gear ready to wear so that we don't accidently wear it before hand and I have to do an emergency GREEN load!!

Good morning. Much warmer this morning than yesterday. Makes getting out of bed much easier.

Prayers and pixie dust to those in need.

I think I messed up with FAFSA yesterday, so I need to call them and see if I can straighten things out. I'm really not geared for this and DH has absolutely no interest in it. :furious: Wow that man makes me angry sometimes!

Boys up & out
Work
Home to pick everyone up
Dinner with mom and dad
Home & bed early for everyone = its been a long tiring week

Saturday we have to work at the local soup kitchen in the morning for our Boy Scout troop.
Family Christmas Party - I'm dreading it!
Home to scrap

Sunday: Take down the tree & scrap time for me!

Happy weekend everyone!

It's okay Danielle.. all of us make mistakes on that FAFSA.. the most dreaded form almost directly behind or ahead of the tax forms (depends on the day who I dislike most! :lmao)

Just breathe.. It'll be okay...

Good Morning! TGIF!!!!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

Nan, you were up way too early!
Caroline, hope you enjoy your day!
Jennifer, sounds like a great weekend!
Danielle, hope you get the Fafsa straightened out. I can sympathize with ou about your DH. Mine leaves all the financials to me.

Today:
vacuum-where does all this dust come from?
clean off counter
work on last layout for MK swap
dinner, kiddos want blueberry pancakes

Hope everyone enjoys today!

I got snow!!! I"ll have to post a pic later so ya can laugh at what I call snow (beside the point that you can see grass too) - maybe light dusting for some of ya'll

I need to work on Storybook Circus M&G LO - got the paper piecing done (get them inked this morning)
OK another cup of coffee then I'll look for LO ideas
need to start on laundry today

hope everyone has a great day

Reddy, this was our snow last week. Most of it is still around, because it's been so cold.

E671D648-0982-4BD9-A227-388F180F538D-1435-0000025FBB3EC86D.jpg

It's okay Danielle.. all of us make mistakes on that FAFSA.. the most dreaded form almost directly behind or ahead of the tax forms (depends on the day who I dislike most! :lmao)

Just breathe.. It'll be okay...

I think I made a major mistake and I hit submit. Can I call them to get it "unsubmitted" :rolleyes1.

One more question.....do I wait to submit until after the IRS link appears to our taxes? Or do I submit and then wait for the link in early Feb? The high school guidance office was less than helpful when I called yesterday. You would think I'm asking them questions on lunar equations. :eek:

Irish gear ready? Really Nan! HAHAHA! We have our Crimson Tide gear ready here, haha. We'll be watching the game somewhere at WDW, probably at the ESPN Zone. We both have Mickey Mouse Alabama shirts!!

While we tried to get tickets to the BCS (which is being played a mere 40 minutes from the house) the price was insane and tickets are naturally hard to come by. Do you know that the players for ND and BAMA are staying at one of the swankiest hotels on South Beach? The Fountainebleau! Think James Bond and the movie Goldfinger, the same resort, hahaha!

DH's cousin, who lives in Alabama, won a contest and four tickets to the game along with transportation and five nights in a hotel - DH is soooo jealous!! Ah well, we'll be watching from a happy place :) It should be a good game :)

Just some trip prep to do today because we are leaving in the MORNING!!!

I'll try to check in since I have the DISBOARDS app on my phone and IPAD, wishing everyone a great week and ROLL TIDE, ROLL!:dance3:

Becky

Danielle, yes after you fill out your current information.. you hit submit... then you get another email and you click on the IRS retrivial link and update again.... It's almost as if you put a guesstimation together based on the information you have on hand now...... then the IRS tells them if your guesstimation was spot on or off....

It's okay... it'll all work out...

OH Come on Becky!! You aren't gonna wear GREEN???? :lmao:

I wear Red any other day for my alma mater....but my DH grew up an Irish Fan and my DD dearly loves them... she can spout off stats and tell you all kinds of things.. DH just laughs.. our girl is the biggest ND sports fan around... Too bad we didn't have the funds for that school....

It will be a great game regardless!!! They are both very well-rounded teams.. It's amazing!!!

PJ looked at tickets and said "heck no, that a semester of tuition!" I guess the teams were at a Heat game earlier this week and two of the boys (one from each team) were dancing!

Morning ladies.

Wishing everyone a productive day!

Good luck danielle!

Last few mins of quiet before I wake the bears.
Get them up, dressed, fed, lunches made. -we won't be grabbing fast food today
Dentist appt
Wic appt

Eyebrows-too busy today :(
Post office
Ups store
Walmart
Grocery store
Home
Rest

Dinner-lasange
Quiet night for sure

Ohh keep meaning to tell you ladies ( cause you'll understand)

Dbf and I were talking about trips in the car. Ds piped in (baby babble) and I said oh ya? Where you wanna go? His reply clear as day was "Disney" Hahaha seems he's a bigger fan than we thought.

Happy Friday :)

I've had a busy morning!
Both girls filled out the FAFSA forms
Made a budget with Sarah for next semester
Pay Bills
Once over the house
Double checked dining ressies for May trip

This afternoon:
J's for something to cover Sarah's dorm window to help keep the heat in
Bank to get cash for Sarah
(she leaves on Sunday morning)
Cut pieces for MK sketch swap
Hopefully start putting MK pages together
Maybe watch a movie this evening

Have a great day all :flower3:

January 7th, Nancy???????
Whether it is blue and gold or green - my family is ready!!!!! My siblings and I think that since it would be my dad's birthday (his 104th), they are a shoe-in to take the national title!!!

Come on Fighting Irish!!! Can't even "remember" the name of the opposing team, can you?

LOL!!! That name does escape me from time to time...

I will probably dawn my Blue and Gold sweatshirt cause I'm always freezing!!!

I do think we have an advantage with it being your Dad's birthday!!!!

I need to remember to have dinner ready early and showers done and homework done and house cleaned up.... and remember to call the neighbors and apologize early in case our house gets a little loud with cheering...

LOL!!! That name does escape me from time to time...

I will probably dawn my Blue and Gold sweatshirt cause I'm always freezing!!!

I do think we have an advantage with it being your Dad's birthday!!!!

I need to remember to have dinner ready early and showers done and homework done and house cleaned up.... and remember to call the neighbors and apologize early in case our house gets a little loud with cheering...

just ones next to you or the ones across the street?? I"m asking because it is the one that is across the street that I hear when there is a good game on the TV

I call the neighbor on either side of us... and I go over and talk to our adopted grandparents acrossed the street... Grandpa loves to hear it... He says he loves March Madness cause he'll go out to get the car started and hear "what the sam heck do you think your doin'... if you are gonna call it that way, call it both ways!".... He goes in and tells Grandma that "Nan is coaching again!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter