• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Daily Grind ~1/27/11~

That is sooo much snow. Glad it isn't me.

I asked DH about filling the holes, but he said it would look worse. :sad1:

I am not husband's favorite person right this minute.

It's not your fault.
He needs to get on the phone. Then you need to find a lawyer or call the news. They will fix this!!!!!!

That is sooo much snow. Glad it isn't me.

I asked DH about filling the holes, but he said it would look worse. :sad1:

I am not husband's favorite person right this minute.

It's not your fault. If you have a written order for one thing and they gave you another, it's their fault. Period.

Hmmmm...I'm thinking a couple of 69-cent poster boards, some choice words (cut out on the Cricut, of course!) glued to said boards, a wooden stick or two, and a call or email to your local tv station telling them where to show up and what time (give about a day notice) - but as a former person in the biz, I'm just sayin' that Saturdays are very slow news days and stations are begging for stories to fill up their air time...:rolleyes1, and a stroll up and down the PUBLIC side walk with your sign outside a certain business...

You are a nice person. This business is not. You need to be "not nice" to resolve this. We give you permission.

Please hang in there and keep us posted.

Thanks guys.

I can assure you that with each hole my husband has to drill, darling Annie is not what he is going to mutter under this breath. :rotfl2:

He is frustrated with this too, but I promise he won't stay mad at me after the doors are up. He really is very good about not holding a grudge and never ever brings up past history in a current disagreement.

Hmmmm...I'm thinking a couple of 69-cent poster boards, some choice words (cut out on the Cricut, of course!) glued to said boards, a wooden stick or two, and a call or email to your local tv station telling them where to show up and what time (give about a day notice) - but as a former person in the biz, I'm just sayin' that Saturdays are very slow news days and stations are begging for stories to fill up their air time...:rolleyes1, and a stroll up and down the PUBLIC side walk with your sign outside a certain business...

You are a nice person. This business is not. You need to be "not nice" to resolve this. We give you permission.

Please hang in there and keep us posted.

I knew you'd have a good solution.

I'm almost dead. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo out of shape. I helped shovel the driveway and I think I'm dead. I barely did a thing, and I'm practically dying. Time to make some changes!

just keep thinking spring is coming, spring is coming.....

If that ground hog sees his shadow, I am gonna strangle him!

OT - I posted a question about the Gypsy can someone go look at it...trying to decide to get it or not

Buy it, you wont regret it!

Buffy, sorry you pinched a nerve. :hug:
Ann, that is horrible about your cabinets. I don't blame you and your husband for being frustrated.

My drs office called me at 11:00 and asked if I was coming in, yup, they asked if I could come in two hours early. On my way. Procedure was ,,, uncomfortable. MomE stopped and got me some yummy ice cream for medicinal purposes. I had my treat and promptly took a nap.

Congrats to Rachel... That is awesome!!! Go give them a show in the semi-finals!!!
Sorry about all the white stuff.. that was so amount of snow to fall in such a short time frame.. I haven't spoken to Buffy yet.. I assumed school was closed so I thought I would let her sleep in.... Here's hoping her munchkins agreed with me!

AWM, I'm so sorry there is such an issue with the cabinets... but I would not drill the new holes, I would make them fix their mistake! I know it's hard because you really want those cabinets done.....but you and DH didn't order them that way, you didn't pay for them to be ordered that way... I know, I know.. so much easier for me to yell from here, I'm not living there.... but just so you know... I'm sending you a big :hug:

Today:
Now that I'm finally up... I didn't sleep well last night so I took a 2 hour nap after I sent the kids off to school..
I will go get ready for the day... then I'm going to scrap the day away..
I did all my chores last night after the ball game while I iced my DS14's knees and doctored his floor burns... He and opposing player decided to go for the ball at the same time... opposing player leaped up and then decided to use my son as a landing mat! Splattered my baby out.. He got up and teared up but didn't need any attention... just some rest... coach walked over and said "mom said suck it up, and I say you have to I need you back in"... LOL The team we played were brutes.. I was getting really mad because one of their players was literally tackling our kids.. While 1/2 our team is football players.. they know the difference between the 2 games.. this kid did NOT know the difference...and I fault the kid and his coach!

After scrapping, I will:
run to grocery (need milk and neosporin)
pick up kids
homework
snack
dinner (eating before the game tonight because everyone wants to stay for the JV game after DS14's game.. me not so much....)
games

Cheryl-that's so exciting about Rachel!!!

Rebecca-sending P & PD to your family members...

Boo to all the s***, stay safe everyone and warm too!!

Ann, sorry to hear the cabinet drama continues :hug:

Rebecca prayers and PD to your families!

Cheryl :woohoo: for Rachel, let us know how she does!!

happy almost Friday all!!

so last night Megan asked me what we are doing for the long weekend, well Sat she has a small dance recital, but I said maybe we can do something for Sun and Mon (taking her to Great Wolf Lodge)....
guess what the little monkey said "hey mom lets go to the Great Wolf Lodge!!" they've been showing lots of commericals for it the past week or so....I just played dumb, so when we pull up to the lodge hopefully she'll be surprised, but I have a feeling she will figure it out since its down past where my older DB lives....I have a smart girl here!!

my day:
:surfweb:
megan up and out
library day for me
home to work on tag swap
p/u megan
work on a school project
dinner - chicken

have a wonderful day all!

:hug: Sorry about the pain Buffy.

Pixie Dust your way for your family Rebecca.

Way to go Rachel!

What a little rascal Megan.

My Alex is home. School lunch didn't sit well today. Well, I guess it is sitting better in the school toilet.

Still waiting for the cabinet guy to call me back. I'm not drilling the holes. My husband is fit to be tied. He is really unhappy with me because I picked going with these people over Lowe's. I thought it would be right thing to do in this economy, go with the smaller family owned business. :sad: I think I must have really bad Karma from another life to live down.

Rebecca, prayers and pixie dust for your family.
Buffy, I hope you feel better.

Cheryl, congratulations to Rachel!!! That's awesome! She's going to knock their socks off in the semifinals!:cheer2:

I haven't done much of anything today. I feel horrible so I've just been laying around and sleeping or reading. I think I caught what's been going around at work. At least I don't work again until Monday so I can rest up.

Have a great day!

Thanks so much, everyone! I sang "Don't Rain on my Parade" for my audition and will be singing "Mama Mia" for semis. Assuming I get into finals, I have a few ideas. :goodvibes

Thanks so much, everyone! I sang "Don't Rain on my Parade" for my audition and will be singing "Mama Mia" for semis. Assuming I get into finals, I have a few ideas. :goodvibes

well you have a HUGE fan base here with all your "aunties" fingers and toes are crossed!!!

I just want to thank all of Rachel's DIS Aunties for hepling to build her confidence by allowing her to swap with the adults. Y'all tell her the same things I do, but, she seems to appreciate it & take it in more when it comes from an adult that isn't her parent. :grouphug:

I just want to thank all of Rachel's DIS Aunties for hepling to build her confidence by allowing her to swap with the adults. Y'all tell her the same things I do, but, she seems to appreciate it & take it in more when it comes from an adult that isn't her parent. :grouphug:

you welcome, that's what we are here for its the :cheer2: in us that wants to come out for us all!

sent you a PM!

Good luck, Rachel! DD danced to Mamma Mia a few years ago in jazz, it was a really cute performance, so we love that song!

Well, I would have loved to see it... and I bet you did a fabulous job!!! Can't wait to hear about the semis!!!

BTW, if we need to.. your Dis Aunties don't mind call up those who disagree with us and giving them an earful!!! We tend to support our own and we don't mind telling people who good our kids are!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter