The Daily Grind 1/21/13

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Happy Holiday Monday!

yay for no school today :cool1:

today:
watch Inaugural parade
finish laundry
run/empty dishwasher
scrap a bit
order mom's photobucket from her bday
megan work on homework
dinner - something with chicken
tap class

have a wonderful day!

I'm working today. DH is picking Morgan up from her sleepover at 11:30. I'm streaming CNN live online so I can watch the inauguration.

It's supposed to start snowing overnight, so I've rescheduled my interview to a phone interview tomorrow. Since I won't know if school will be delayed or canceled, I don't want to have to worry about getting into Boston at a certain time.

We did get some bad news yesterday...my mom has a "spot" on her right lung and it's growing. Sigh...She also has some esophageal thickening. We don't and won't know anything until she gets another scan, but I'd appreciate your good thoughts. She was a long time smoker and has had COPD for a few years. Her breathing has been getting worse and worse lately though. Pretty scary stuff.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Good Morning!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

Jennifer, good luck with the interview tomorrow. Keeping your mom in our thoughts and prayers.

No school here today or tomorrow, makes it easier with the snow moving in tonight.

We have finally finished reviewing for Algebra!:cool1: I think she is comfortable with the material and hope she does well on her test on Wednesday.

Today
once over house
pay bills
iron

upload and order prints
dinner burgers

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning all. I did some major scrappin this weekend. All of my Epcot pieces finished and started another page for the magic kingdom page swap. There's bits of paper everywhere at my house! :rotfl2: Need to run the vacuum tonight as it looks like the Inauguration parade came through my house with all the confetti.

Lisa - Hope you get time to do some scrapping.
Jennifer - Prayers and pixie dust to both you and mom :hug: Sending good vibes your way for your interview tomorrow.
Cassey - good luck with the algebra. My boys are all math geniuses - but they certainly didn't get it from me. Math shouldn't have letters in it! They all struggle in the english department. Good thing that was my strong point.

Today:
Work - only one who had to get up and out this morning - DH & boys were asleep when I left the house.
Finish DS8s Superstar of the Week Stuff - he needs pictures of his favorite memories and need to fill in his auto-biography. The whole concept is so cute - he gets to tell all about himself for the entire week!
DH cooking dinner - hot roast beef sandwiches YUMMY!
Cub Scout meeting and I have NOTHING planned for it
Vacuum :rotfl2:

Have a great day everyone!

No school today. Frigid temps outside....we are going to do a major house cleaning and laundry--after we have a few cups of coffee.

Meal planning....we got totally off schedule when we remodeled our house and were without use of our kitchen for months. And we are still not back to any sort of proper schedule, to tell the truth. It is way too easy to eat out or get take out or whatever. If I make a meal plan and cook, we eat at home but I am not much of a cook and I'm tired of the same four or five meals I make. We need help!
But we are going to try to brainstorm and have a plan, make a list and eat at home instead of going out.

Have a great day all!

Happy Monday :)

P & PD for those in need :wizard:

Jennifer thinking of you and your mom today :hug:

No school or work today

DH took Rachel to run errands

I must make a menu for the next 3 weeks today! If we don't make a menu it is too tempting to eat out or make the same few things over & over ;)

Have a great day all :flower3:

Good Afternoon!

Been watching the Inaugration coverage..
DH and DS16 is await call to go back and get the van that is in the shop.. no one had the part so they had to drive to the other side of the state to get it! They knew what we needed because they told and us and we scheduled the appt at the time they told us and they knew when we were coming back! :faint:

Did just Dance 2 w/ DS16 and Mom still reigns as Dance Champ!!! :woohoo:

Today:

load of towels
once over house
spreadsheet for dd's college expenses for taxes
update dryerase board
write to ck for DS16's state competition.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jennifer good luck at your interview tomorrow and prayers and pixie dust for your mom.
Still on Baby Watch 2012... CJ is just content with staying put with this nasty artic weather.. can't say I blame him!

ETA: we have a dinner menu I make 2 weeks at a time... I try not to have any meal in a month more than 3 times, the favorites. I try at least one new thing every 2 weeks.. sometimes every week. I try to include at least one meal that is a breakfast meal for dinner.. the kids love it!! We are having chicken alfredo and garlic bread tonight.

Afternoon everyone,

DH is home today, watched some of the inauguration ceremonies this morning before starting my Beckerella duies:

once over house
clean upstairs sliding glass doors
finish up laundry
run to pet supermarket for cat food
put up valentine day decor
inventory valentine card making supplies, see what I need
book Grand Villa at SSR for Christmas week 2013

wipe down fridge
sweep out garage
fried chicken salad for dinner tonight

Gonna scrap for a bit while DH plays his guitar :)

Jennifer - PP&D for your Mama and interview

Have a great day everyone!

Becky

Good afternoon!

We have a huge place for just the 2 of us. Too bad we are not across the hall as we would have An amazing view of WDW. Today after sleeping in we headed over to Epcot. It was crazy there but we were just going to all the bakeries to pick up desserts. Glad we were not planning on rides as it seemed close to Thanksgiving levels. We are headed home for meetings and Bible study tonight now.

Rebecca

Jennifer...sorry about your mom, will keep her in my prayers.
good luck with the interview tomorrow!

ended up being a couch potato today, did get laundry finished and put away, no scrapping...hopefully tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter