The Creepy, Kooky, Mysteriously Spooky Trip Report! 10/1-10/8

DisneysRedhead

Mouseketeer
:hmghost:The Creepy, Kooky, Mysteriously Spooky Trip Report!:hmghost:

Well, I held out for as long as I could before I started this report, but the excitement finally got to me! I wanted to kind of do a pre-trip report before our trip but didn't want to do a full one. So this will just be a prologue if you will! Check back after our dates and I will get the actual report started on the same thread. Now, let's get the ball rolling!

Who?
64HoneymoonDay2.jpg

Me (Taryn): I am 25 and was just married to my wonderful husband almost 2 years ago.(Guess where the honeymoon was?) Currently, I am an assistant manager at Guess? and when I'm not at work, I'm obsessing about my next Disney vacation or just Disney in general. My favorite character is Ariel and I am determined this trip to have her sign my leg next to my Ariel tattoo! Growing up, my family frequently visited Disney so I feel like I am a seasoned veteran! I have also visited Disneyland and Tokyo Disney.

DH (Andy): He is also 25 but he will be 26 in October (we are kinda celebrating during our trip.) He currently works as a manager at a commercial printing company and needs a vacation more than ever! This will be DH's second time in the world and while he is not as excited as I am, he is looking forward to the trip. Andy doesn't really have any favorite Disney characters or movies, but I know he secretly really enjoys some of them (He definitely loves all of the Pixar movies.) He is most excited about our ADR at Hoop Dee Doo, MNSSHP and our Behind the Steam tour.

Why?

Why are we going to Disney? Do we need a reason? Well actually we have several. On our honeymoon we got to experience a small taste of the Christmas decorations and I loved it! After that, I was determined to come back for Halloween. This is our favorite holiday and the chance to trick-or-treat in Magic Kingdom was too good to pass up. We also thought it could be a joint celebration of DH's birthday (Oct 22) and our anniversary (Nov 8). My primary reason above all others however is that this may be our last big blow out vacation for awhile. We are in the process of starting to save for a house and know that in a couple of years children will be in the future. So once I received a PIN, I immediately convinced DH to let me book this trip and now here we are!

When?
Our trip is October 1, 2011 through October 8, 2011. We wanted to do MNSSHP but we wanted to hit WDW early in the month and avoid the bigger crowds that might happen closer to Halloween.

Where?

So where are we staying this trip? Actually we will be hitting up two Disney resorts. Initially, we intended on coming up on the 2nd and just staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed there for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it, so it was an easy choice to just stay there again. After some thought, I decided it would be best if we drove up a day early, so that way we would have a relaxing first day at our resort before we hit the parks the day after that. At first I was just going to find a cheap hotel off property, but after some thought, we just decided to spend our first night at the Pop Century!!! So there you have it folks, POR and Pop!

What?

What is the meaning of this trip report you ask? Well, as I have already stated, we are going to be attending the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We have been debating for months over costume ideas and we finally settled on the Addam's Family!
addamsfamilysketch460.jpg

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

At first, I thought we would just be Gomez and Morticia, but as soon as I said Addams family, Andy blurted out that he wanted to be Uncle Fester. Since I didn't want to be Morticia without her Gomez, I decided to go as sweet little innocent Wednesday!

And that's the scoop my friends! Please stay tuned as I continue to update this report before and after our trip!

Wow, I can't believe that we only have 10 days left until our vacation! Lately, I have been stressing in my head over ever little thing. I've been checking the weather religiously, which is silly because I know it can change at the drop of a hat and there is no way they can truly predict the weather this far out. Andy was complaining about his kidneys hurting and I'm scared he is going to have a stone before or during our vacation (although lately he has felt a lot better so I'll keep my fingers crossed.) Then of course a couple days ago I went to turn on my car and it didn't start right away. Nothing has happened since then, but in my head I'm convinced something will go wrong.

Ok! Just breath right? I just gotta make it these next few days. In the mean time, I thought I'd talk a little bit about our itinerary! We have several awesome things going on this trip that I'm really excited about:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party: The whole reason for going on this trip in the first place! We plan on going Oct 6 whether it's raining or not! I'm really looking forward to getting into our costumes, doing some trick-or-treating, seeing Hallowishes and the Boo to You Parade! On top of that, I bought a ton of glow sticks at the dollar store to hand out to kids at the party! We don't live in an area where we get trick or treaters because we live on a busy road, so I really wanted to spread the magic at Disney.

Food and Wine Festival: Even though we aren't taking part in any of the special events like classes or food tastings, we are really looking forward to this! We planned to have a day where we walk around World Showcase and experience all of the different foods at all of the kiosks. Also, I feel like I never get to really explore World Showcase and we want to take this opportunity to do so!

Behind the Seeds Tour: We actually did this tour on our honeymoon but we really enjoyed it! I figured since it was only $16 per person, why not do it again and see if we can learn something new.

Behind the Steam Tour: Even though I'm not excited about getting up super early to make this, I am excited about the tour itself. We get to MK before it even opens and get a 3 hour tour on Disney's Steam Trains. Andy LOVES trains, so I knew this would be something he would really enjoy and since we are kinda celebrating his birthday this trip I figured it would be a nice present!

Fishin' Hole: So this isn't a huge event, but I think it will be fun anyway! We discovered the fishing hole at our resort (POR) at the very end of our honeymoon and decided when we came back we had to try it out! So on our day off we plan on spending a couple hours trying our hand at fishing. I figure if I get bored, I'll leave Andy to it and go explore else where.

Ok, so we have lots more planned of course but those are the big things I found noteworthy. In a couple of days, I'll probably post some of our dining plans but for now, I'm off to do some more laundry! TTFN!

We are leaving tomorrow!!!!!! I am sorry I haven't updated (if anyone is even reading yet) but I've been so busy with work and life I didn't get a chance before vacation!! We are off at 6am in the morning and on our way to the best place in the world!

See you guys when we get back!

Hopefully you're home safe and sound. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter