THE CRAZY DISNEY EXTRAVAGANZA 7-16 August 2011

Starscream275

Mouseketeer
Day 1 Magic Kingdom 8 August 2011:

Walt Disney world what can you say about it? It’s probably the most iconic theme park in history. And as you can imagine with me, being a huge Disney nut have dreamed of one day going to Disney World for years now. Mainly because my parents went there for their honeymoon after they got married that is. And then finally the dream becomes a reality when my family books an 11 day trip to the happiest place on earth last month. Then my kid dreams had come true I was naturally excited to be going I couldn’t believe it. It was my birthday and Christmas present all rolled into one it’s by far my favourite holiday and it’s a trip that I’ll never forget. So stick around for the ride and I’ll tell you everything of how it went….or whatever.

Anyways my story begins with me waking up at 6AM to reach the Gatwick Airport. And let me just tell ya that the flight from Gatwick to Florida was my very first flight because believe it or not I’ve never been on a plane before. I was nervous when I got on the plane because I did not know what to expect from it. I felt uncomfortable when the plane took off but when it reached a higher altitude I was relaxed. Though I could’ve been on a better plane to be honest for my first flight the seats were so plastic-y and very uncomfortable and there was hardly any leg room because it was so cramped. I mean on the flight back when I was trying to get to sleep in them because I live in Britain I need to go sleep because of jet lag but seeing as the seats were so uncomfortable I could not sleep a wink at all. Seriously how the hell is anyone supposed to sleep in those seats when they are so plastic-y?! Not too mention the food on the plane was just rubbish! All I had was some bread, a strawberry yoghurt, Pringles, the chicken meal and some water! Man if most craft services are like that the next time I get on a plane I’m smuggling in some Walkers Crisps (Lays to you yanks), a bottle of 7UP, some salami sandwiches, an orange and a wagon wheel into my bag onto the plane because in flight meals are so crrrraaaaap. The in flight entertainment was good at first but after about 30 mins or so you get bored with it when you’ve done everything that it has to offer you so yeah on flight entertainment is not all that special.

Now that I’ve got my flight experience out the way I get to the good part: The Magic Kingdom itself. So I walked into Main Street USA, calm and casual like it’s all perfectly normal for one minute and then BANG! I’m knocked centerfield into the magic itself! And what I mean is I caught the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade that was rolling into Main Street USA that afternoon. Long had I dreamed of stepping into the Magic Kingdom for many years in Disney World and this time I wasn’t dreaming I was actually in the park itself it was such a great feeling. I was loving my surroundings and for the first time I felt really happy in a long while now. Since I was in Florida where the weather is so hot that it’s not funny it was just scorching and I don’t mean scorching as in an 11 year old girl going to her friend: “These high heels are scorching, girlfriend!” I mean it was so hot that you’d swear a million buffalo died in a driveway to McDonalds for god sakes! Anyways me along with my family were really feeling the heat and we needed to find some shade so we stopped outside of Sleepy Hollow and I had some chocolate ice cream afterwards we then went on the Liberty Square riverboat which was pretty much a tour around Frontierland which pretty much bored the crap out of me. But some good came out of the land though. Three words: Haunted freaking Mansion! It’s now one of my favourite rides at any Disney park! I am quite peeved that I never got to do this ride when I was at euro-disney because it looked like such a fun ride to go on and after going on it at Disney World I can safely say it is a fun ride. Hell I even sang along with the singing busts to “Grin Grinning Ghosts”! Seriously I love that song and I love this ride period. But then my father insisted that we…(Sigh) go on It’s a small world, a ride in my opinion is so bad that it makes Justin Beiber’s music look awesome when my father brought this idea up he was just like: “We must go on that ride it’s cool.” And I’m like: “No freaking way are we going there, it’s bloody rancid!” But he was very persistent to go on a ride that has creepy *** dolls moving from side to side going: “It’s a small world after all!” Bleh! It makes me wanna puke! And when we got to it I then decided to go: “So long ninnies!” and ditch them so I could be on my own. So I ran off to Adventureland and cool myself down with the totem poles that squirt water, the ones by The Enchanted Room that is. I then went on Pirates of the Caribbean after I did that I pretty much returned to Fantasyland and I was feeling a little adventurous and then went to watch Mickey’s Philharmagic. Normally I would be mixed on CGI animation but here the animation in the show was amazing and I hate the 3D craze over in cinemas and I think that 3D/4D movies should only be at theme parks like Disney World because we are not doing ourselves any favours from having 3D glasses in cinemas but anyways back on topic Mickey’s Philharmagic was a little on the short side in terms of length but it doesn’t matter when you have stunning sequences, music from the likes of The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan and Aladdin to wow you. Bottomline: It’s an awesome show and it’s one of the many things that I will want to do if I ever get a chance to go to the Magic Kingdom again. Then I wandered over to It’s a small world to see if my family would be waiting for me there but to my surprise they weren’t there and then I thought I had lost them and before you know it I was looking everywhere for them I was going back and forth, back and forth between Fantasyland and Adventureland and I literally covered the whole park by foot. In Tomorrowland I decided to take a little break from searching and go on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. Never was quite good with point and shoot rides I could never get a high score that’s higher than 12,000 oh well I guess it’s just me.

After I did that I went back on the hunt to find my family all this while I was calling out their names just to see if they would come running towards me but I had no luck with that. And unlucky for me because I hadn’t eaten or drunk anything since I had that chocolate ice cream in Liberty Square and at this point the heat was really taking it’s toll on me so when I got to Adventureland for the third time and I had just ran all the way from Tomorrowland to Adventureland I as a result was both exhausted and dehydrated. Fortunately a male cast member walked up to me after I had ran by the Flying carpets of Agrabah and asked me if I was okay. Seeing me in my current state the cast member took pity on me and offered to get me a drink knowing that I cannot refuse that offer at this point I immediately said yes he then took me to the nearest kiosk which was the Sunshine Tree Terrace and got me a drink of water free of charge. I knew it was pointless asking him if he saw my family but I asked him all the same I then thanked him for helping me and then I went on my way via Frontierland.

I had searched every land in the park for my family until I realized there was one land that I had not checked: Main Street USA. I was no longer dehydrated thanks to the drink of water the cast member had given me but I was still exhausted and I was feeling dazed because of the heat but finally I found them. They were by the entrance to one of the shops and like me they were so worried about the prospect that I might be lost they had security search the park for me and even they couldn’t find me. After the reunion we then headed back to Tomorrowland and I had a taco hot dog and some coke from the Lunch Pad to ease my dazed state. It turned out that when I was searching for my family that they never left Fantasyland and that they went to Pinocchio Village Haus for lunch. So all this time while I was searching I could’ve looked for them there?! GOD DAMN IT! Anyways after I was well fed and watered down I went on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger spin again only this time with my family. I then bought an autograph book and pen with the money I had. I was going to do a character spree while I was in the Magic Kingdom but because I was on that wild goose to find my family I didn’t see many characters. But I did see Peter Pan on my third visit to Adventureland I didn’t interact with him but I can share a moment I had regarding him. Well I did try and find him earlier on when I was scouting around Fantasyland for my family and what I’ve read he now normally meets at the exit of Mickey’s Philharmagic I went to see if he had shown up but he was nowhere to be seen. And when I went back to Adventureland there he was! Right as I was heading towards the entrance! And I’m guessing Peter got bored and decided to walk all the way from his meet and greet spot to Adventureland. Basically he was with a little girl and they saw Ariel and Prince Eric meeting guests and decided to have some fun. They then hid behind a trash can and by the count of three they both jumped out from their hiding places and Peter Pan then let out his trademark crow scaring the living crap of Ariel and Prince Eric. After he had a chat with them he walked the little girl across the bridge into Liberty Square. How do I know all this? Because I was watching them the whole time. (Sigh) I could’ve wished if I had found my family sooner than I might’ve asked him to accompany me in scaring the living delights out of someone in the park. Someone like Alice maybe? But oh well maybe next time baby, next time. But I did manage to meet Buzz Lightyear that day and he pretty much made my afternoon. He was the highlight of the day, I was waiting in line to meet him and the Club 626 Dance Party had just started in the distance and when Buzz heard the music he started SHAKING HIS GROOVY THANG TO THE MUSIC! OH YEAH! He was doing this in between meeting other guests and I could tell he was enjoying himself. Buzz then had a 10 minute break and then when he came back out and surprisingly though he was still dancing! When it was near my turn, a female cast member helped me find a blank page of my autograph book so that Buzz would stamp it I then saw her doing a little dance to the music and I had the urge to do the same thing. Then it was my turn, I went up to Buzz handed him my autograph book and then he stamped it for me and after he did that ME AND BUZZ WERE GETTING OUR FUNK ON! I was literally busting some moves with Buzz Lightyear! I told him to strike a pose and then he did a disco dancing pose in which I said: “Oh yeah that’s what I’m talking about!” and then after we danced we high-fived each other and then posed for a photo and I got a Photopass card for my troubles. And I gotta tell ya the people who were queuing to see him next along with the female cast member were loving every bit of the dancing shenanigans. It was so cool! Absolutely marvellous it was really fun to do!

So despite losing my family and wandering around the blistering heat I had a great day at the Magic Kingdom it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed myself even if I didn’t get to see many characters in the progress.

What a dream come true, always nice to re live the first time at disney, and first time on a plane too:thumbsup2

Interesting post. Do you have any pictures to share to make it even better?

I might as well update this thread here. I know it's the same TR but it had to be done anyways here are the pics for the Magic Kingdom. See that woman with the brown hair? That's my mother, she's naggy, nice but naggy. And the boy standing next to her is the person writing this TR: ME! OH GLORIOUS ME!
Don't look handsome in my shades? What can I say? I was born to be cool. We are both on the Liberty Belle Riverboat in Liberty Square hiding from the glaring gaze of the sun. I kind of think that there's not much to Liberty Square and it doesn't really count as an actual land but more as an extension to Frontierland which surprisingly I didn't do much in Frontierland. Oh well Haunted Mansion is awesome so whatever.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/Starscream275/?action=view&current=Pictures042.jpg

Me lookin' good baby! YEAH BABY YEAH! Sorry couldn't resist.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/Starscream275/?action=view&current=Pictures046.jpg

What's that? Ya want another shot of moi? Well there ya go ya crazy mugs! It's a bit blurry but what the hell I'm feeling generous so I'll let you have this one.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/Starscream275/?action=view&current=Waltdisneyworld001.jpg

Now bear with me on this piccy, I don't have a DVD of my photopass photos so I have had to take pictures of them all seperately on my Ipod Touch so yeah it's crappy in quality but whatever. Anyways it's me posing with Buzz Lightyear just after the infamous "Dancing incident".
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/Starscream275/?action=view&current=003.jpg

Now let me explain this last pic, basically after about 5 minutes I spend with Buzz Lightyear and returning to my mother it started to chunk it down with heavy rain and honestly that's what me and my family needed in this god damn heat. The girl in the centre is my lil' sister, Freya. She's 15 as of writing right now and she still hasn't mature from being a whingy brat but anyways here's me with my mother...and Freya, at the entrance to Main Street before leaving the part.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/Starscream275/?action=view&current=Pictures050.jpg

Don't know if I'll update regularly for the UK forum but then again I've pretty much finished my TR on the Trip Report forum and just posting the pics of the trip. But then again I don't want the TR to be text based again so I'll update when I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter