The Crane is Gone

cigar95

DIS weakest link
I'm on my balcony at the Contemporary (well, actually at "The Sandwich"), and just noticed there is NO CRANE over the castle.

It was certainly there yesterday. So either the whole thing was taken out overnight, or it's folded up, still taking up room in the castle courtyard, and will come out tonight.

So the ideal castle photos are available again!

I'm on my balcony at the Contemporary (well, actually at "The Sandwich"), and just noticed there is NO CRANE over the castle.

It was certainly there yesterday. So either the whole thing was taken out overnight, or it's folded up, still taking up room in the castle courtyard, and will come out tonight.

So the ideal castle photos are available again!
Woohoo! Thanks for the update!

Wow awesome. Means their that much closer to finishing whatever it was they were doing over there (Mine Train?)

A crane has been in front of the castle for our past three visits. I guess it's part of the price we pay for going in off-seasons. Our pictures won't look the same without it!

I was there last week, and noticed that it seemed to come and go over the course of the week. Made me wonder if it didn't fold up somewhere out of sight.

Maybe the one they use to take down the Christmas lights is now gone.

I'm thinking the Mine Train crane was up and down over time.

It's not (or wasn't, I didn't see it a second ago) the mine one - it's been used to take the Christmas light netting off the castle.

Can anyone at Magic Kingdom today confirm whether the crane taking down Christmas lights is officially gone? I'm wondering if it was just positioned differently this morning or if it is gone for good.

I read a couple of weeks ago that it was scheduled to be up through Feb 10, which affects our visit. If it is already down, I will be ecstatic! :cool1:

Yep I was there yesterday and today. It was there yesterday and gone today. Also the few christmas lights that were on the castle were off today.

I was in MK today and there is no crane up; however, I did see it folded up behind the castle as I was walking from Tomorrowland back to the hub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter