The crane has arrived...

I guess im just more upset by peoples comments. There are people who did like the hand and wand. Some of these comments are uncalled for, like singing and stuff.

Welcome to reality...the place where people can take joy in what they wish! If you don't like that fact, maybe it's time to read some philosophy.

I considered it an eyesore. When I was a little kid, I was absolutely amazed by Spaceship Earth. I thought it was one of the coolest things I had ever seen. Now, over 20 years later, I'm happy that it's turning back into what I knew as a child. I can even get shirts that look like the vintage EPCOT ones with SE the way it should look. Wheeee!

I am so upset that the hand and wand are going. It's been there ever since my first trip to WDW. Im trying to hold myself back from saying something that's truly not needed...but its the truth.

Im angry that people actually wanted it gone. It sparkles in the sun! As you're walking around World Showcase you take a glance over the lake and there's magic on the sphere!!!
It's one thing to like what you see and hope it stays that way, quite another thing to get angry because people have a different opinion than you do. That's great you loved it, but some people loved it in its original state. There's no need to get angry at people about it.

I guess im just more upset by peoples comments. There are people who did like the hand and wand. Some of these comments are uncalled for, like singing and stuff.
There's been no attacks here, no judgment of people, etc. All the comments that have had teasing have been done in jest as some people are happy to see what they don't like going away. Take it as such while remembering that it IS ok for people to like different things.

I think you're taking this a little too personally.

10905858.jpg

This is a great pin being released on 10/1 for Epcot's 25th Figmant taking the wand from Spaceship Earth.

This is a great pin being released on 10/1 for Epcot's 25th Figmant taking the wand from Spaceship Earth.

That's a pin I hadn't seen yet. It sums up the situation perfectly. Thanks for posting it! :goodvibes

10905858.jpg

I love that. To me, it seems to be an acknowledgment that the wand never belonged on Spaceship Earth, that it should remain only with Mickey's body (not his disembodied hand), and that there really should not be a mixing of the Mickey Mouse and Spaceship Earth icons.

But I hope it's not an indication that they're going to put a gigantic Figment on the side of Spaceship Earth. ;)

I think the Figment pins indicate they're going with a more malicious Figment, and he's going to climb the side of Spaceship Earth like some kind of American Godzilla.

They'll need that wand back to ward off Bizarro Figment. ;)

I am so upset that the hand and wand are going. It's been there ever since my first trip to WDW. Im trying to hold myself back from saying something that's truly not needed...but its the truth.

Im angry that people actually wanted it gone. It sparkles in the sun! As you're walking around World Showcase you take a glance over the lake and there's magic on the sphere!!!

What about those of us who were there when Epcot opened and then had to put up with them messing up the beautiful ball with putting stuff on it like the wand, same thing with the Birthday cake atrocity they did to the castle.

It was exactly the same thing for us as what you describe since it had the wand etc when YOU first saw it.

I don't want to sound terrible, but what is that weird looking white thing at the bottom left of SSE? It kind of looks like a Mickey hand in an obscene gesture (I feel guilty just thinking that :eek: ). Really, though, what is that supposed to be? I'm sure it will be so obvious that I feel like an idiot for not realizing...oh well :thumbsup2

I visited Epcot for 1 day while in Orlando for job interviews 2 weeks ago and took this picture (and many, many more to commemorate the event :goodvibes ). So here's an updated photo as of 8/5:
SSE.jpg

I don't want to sound terrible, but what is that weird looking white thing at the bottom left of SSE? It kind of looks like a Mickey hand in an obscene gesture (I feel guilty just thinking that :eek: ). Really, though, what is that supposed to be? I'm sure it will be so obvious that I feel like an idiot for not realizing...oh well :thumbsup2 [/IMG]

:rotfl: Actually, I think it's a trowel-shaped spatula. But there is an uncanny resemblance to what you thought it was at first. :lmao:

I don't want to sound terrible, but what is that weird looking white thing at the bottom left of SSE? It kind of looks like a Mickey hand in an obscene gesture (I feel guilty just thinking that :eek: ). Really, though, what is that supposed to be? I'm sure it will be so obvious that I feel like an idiot for not realizing...oh well :thumbsup2

LOL! It's a cake slicing thingy (my blondeness is coming out lol, I can't remember what they're actually called!).

I think it's a cake server - sticking out of the cake shaped like SE...

I didn't even see the gesture that you saw. Until now :rotfl2:

You mean turn Spaceship Earth into a cake? Hmmm...

10905859.jpg

:)

:rotfl: To commemorate the opening of EPCOT Center in 1982, the Imagineers who worked on the project put together a massive cake that was a scale model of the park. It was dubbed "EpCake: The Experimental Prototype Cake of Tomorrow".

0814071640.jpg

Yum!

I think the Figment pins indicate they're going with a more malicious Figment, and he's going to climb the side of Spaceship Earth like some kind of American Godzilla.

They'll need that wand back to ward off Bizarro Figment. ;)

Is that Dreamfinder I see him carrying with him to the top of SSE? :upsidedow

:dance3: You're not alone, that's what I first thought it was when I saw it. (Brunette moment? :rolleyes: ) It took me a moment to realize it was only a cake server.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter