the coolest thing happened at the cemetary

binny

do something that MATTERS!
I took my mum to visit my dads grave before we left. I had stopped by with my kids beforehand and noticed that there was a part that had come lose on his stone so I went to get some glue and then brought my mum back.

I bent down to fix his marker when out of nowhere this cat appears. He plopped himself right down next to me :) he demanded that I play with him, it was so cute. I kept trying to fix that and he kept getting in the way. So I gave up for a minute and starting petting him. I laughed and told my mum
"look at this! He has a broken tail, a paint mark on his back and he wants us to have fun. If I didnt know better Id swear it WAS Dad!" :goodvibes
My dad was so much fun and was always into something, usually something messy. He had broken parts and did everything he could to always make us feel better. He was a great man who is truly missed. If I believed in reincarnation I might have believed it was him.

As it is I think I will just consider him a timely visitor and perhaps a gift...

:)

My mum and I were able to talk about my dad for a long time with a few tears but mainly just a fun talk. That cat came at the perfect time to help bridge that gap we both felt and helped us to get through what could have been a really bad day.

binny, your story brought tears to my eyes. :hug:

I so believe in little things like that. Also, I am sure you treasure what you have with your mom. God Bless you all.

Shannon

That's a wonderful story!
It's great you and your mom were able to talk about all the great times/memories you had with your dad.

I believe that cat was there to remind you to take a moment.

My family just had a moment like that. My dad has been gone 15 years so we went as a family to his site. I had to bring my kids too. So after the long winter we all go about cleaning up the area etc.

Well DS4 goes and starts gathering sticks and he keeps placing them at the bottom of the tombstone, well my brother kept moving them yet DS4 kept going with his stick collection for Poppop.

So I finally reflected a moment and said "if Dad were here to see his grandchildren, he would have been the most indulgent grandpa around and I think he would want his grandson to collect him all the sticks in the world." and you know what everyone agreed with me we all laughed and started telling stories as well as just cleaning.

So I think DS4's stick collection was there to remind us of the moment.

Hope that makes sense!

I believe that cat was there to remind you to take a moment.

My family just had a moment like that. My dad has been gone 15 years so we went as a family to his site. I had to bring my kids too. So after the long winter we all go about cleaning up the area etc.

Well DS4 goes and starts gathering sticks and he keeps placing them at the bottom of the tombstone, well my brother kept moving them yet DS4 kept going with his stick collection for Poppop.

So I finally reflected a moment and said "if Dad were here to see his grandchildren, he would have been the most indulgent grandpa around and I think he would want his grandson to collect him all the sticks in the world." and you know what everyone agreed with me we all laughed and started telling stories as well as just cleaning.

So I think DS4's stick collection was there to remind us of the moment.

Hope that makes sense!

makes perfect sense to me :)

Sounds like a wonderful moment

I really believe there are reminders of loved ones. You and your mom just had a very special one.

I beleive in gentle reminders of a loved one if you just take the time to look for them. My BIL passed away from a drunk driver before I married DH. My MIL always said he loved butterflies. Whenever there is a big event in our lived I always look for a butterfly and there is usually one around....when we left the hopital after DD and DS birth (one Oct and on in May) there was a butterfly. At my FIL funeral... a butterfly, when DD had her surgery the car we parked behind in the parking lot had butterfly sitckers all over it. Our first trip to WDW after FIL passed...you got it a butterfly right outside the airport. I know butterflies are everywhere and they are easy to spot but it nice to see....look Uncle Pete is looking out for us! It makes us smile.

I beleive in gentle reminders of a loved one if you just take the time to look for them. My BIL passed away from a drunk driver before I married DH. My MIL always said he loved butterflies. Whenever there is a big event in our lived I always look for a butterfly and there is usually one around....when we left the hopital after DD and DS birth (one Oct and on in May) there was a butterfly. At my FIL funeral... a butterfly, when DD had her surgery the car we parked behind in the parking lot had butterfly sitckers all over it. Our first trip to WDW after FIL passed...you got it a butterfly right outside the airport. I know butterflies are everywhere and they are easy to spot but it nice to see....look Uncle Pete is looking out for us! It makes us smile.

Wow! I don't know. I don't see many butterflies around here! Definately seems like a sign to me!:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing this, especially on a day like today. It really makes you think. I love to hear about signs like this. I'm glad it made you all have a happier day. :hug:

We've had MANY butterfly-related "signs" from my mom too! Butterflies represent the soul from what I have read. A few weeks after my mom passed I heard a noise at my office window...mind you I work on the 18th floor of a building in NEW YORK CITY. I have NEVER seen ANY kind of insect up there...i looked over and there is a gorgeous butterfly on my windowsill. I called in some coworkers who were simply amazed. I took it as my mom letting me know she was around and saying hi. Very comforting.

Very cool story! Glad he was there for you two.:cat: :daisy: :cat:

That's a cool story.

I was thinking it was going to involve bodies climbing out of graves.

I feel like the sign from my dad are bluebirds. Whenever I'm really needing him I ask for a bluebird. It will appear within a day or 2. One time I was taking my son to football practice and I said to my dad "I wish you could see him play". On the way home a truck turned in front of me and on the back was one word Bluebird. It made me feels so good to know he hears me.

Look for the signs-they are all around us, we just have to recognize them.

Thx for sharing Binny :hug:. So wonderful you and your Mum received a sign from your Dad and got to reminisce special stories together. I truly believe we are sent gentle reminders of passed loved ones if we open our hearts and eyes.

We took Mom to visit dear Dad's resting place yesterday also. One of our stories we like to tell, is that many years ago Dad planted a Magnolia tree in their yard. The tree has grown to probably 50-60 ft tall and never bloomed! Dad's been gone for 4 yrs now and last year it produced one big beautiful white flower!! My Mom had me take a picture too frame and is convinced it was a message he is doing fine and over looking her from above. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter