The Contemporary Resort: It's Huge!

What do I know about science? I'm a Republican.

No true Republican could ever stay at the epitome of Pinko Commie architecture at Disneyworld... The Contemporary. That place has roots in the Bauhaus movement from the 1920s in Germany. All of its leaders were left wing communists. :) Just kidding... Glad you enjoyed your time there.

Would love to stay at CR or for that matter most any DLX resort! Off season is still nearly $500/nt. Ouch!! We still visit CR and other DLX's, dine, shop etc.

And then there's the price....yikes! That is the biggest thing. I think I could get past the decor if I could find a room there pricewise on par with WL and AKL. But, I'm afraid that ain't gonna happen.

Same with us. WL is still $400 or so off season and out of our price range. I keep looking for bargains but so far no such luck. We spend little time at our resort so not worth the major expense.

Great review! It may convince me to try CR lol. I’ve stayed at all the other MK resorts but CR.
Resort fees :scared: nooooooo. Parking fees set the boards on fire I can only imagine what resort fees would do. That would be sad.

Great review! It may convince me to try CR lol. I’ve stayed at all the other MK resorts but CR.
Resort fees :scared: nooooooo. Parking fees set the boards on fire I can only imagine what resort fees would do. That would be sad.
After our February 2019 trip, it may be the end for awhile. The crowds, the extra fees, etc, are making it tougher to say we're getting some bang for our buck. We already do any EMM, dessert parties, and DAH to get more park time with less crowds, better seating during our trips. Just not sure it's worth it any more. We've done some wonderful concierge level cruises for a whole lot less and they have been "magical" as well.

Yes! I'm so thrilled that we at least have bipartisan agreement on this! CR is pure Disney magic to us--it feels like an extension of Tomorrowland, and I love the glimpses of it during our MK days. The pool isn't amazing, but you're right, it's never crowded. I love that we can sit in the hot tub and chat with our kids in the pool--easy to simultaneously supervise and relax. I've also never seen such alert, active lifeguarding. Thanks for the review!

Wait. Are we so desperate for ZZUB material that we're recycling 2 year old reports? Or did Mel sneak in here to bump you to page one? Don't let him fool you. He'd NEVER vote for President Bartlet. He's a Ritchie guy all the way. ("I'm no scientist, but I know a thing or two about physics.")

Contempo Cafe has the best cupcakes. I'm not sure about their doughnuts.

Wait. Are we so desperate for ZZUB material that we're recycling 2 year old reports? Or did Mel sneak in here to bump you to page one? Don't let him fool you. He'd NEVER vote for President Bartlet. He's a Ritchie guy all the way. ("I'm no scientist, but I know a thing or two about physics.")

Contempo Cafe has the best cupcakes. I'm not sure about their doughnuts.
I think I'm at fault... I went looking for a "fan page" for CR, and this popped up. We're staying at CR CL in February 2019.
Then I read about his great TA, so more info ensued. (Adding on POTUS Bartlet)
Sooooo, if anyone has any recent info about CR, I would greatly appreciate it!
TIA
NonnaT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter