The Conservative Thread- No Political Debate Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say tonight is... Woot! Woot! :cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Congrats on MCcain....As you know Hillary is my girl and although it did not count it was nice to see her so far ahead!

Anyway You invited me over and sorry I have no nuts :rotfl: :rolleyes1

anyway I have a question to ask you all because I am curious about this.
With so many against the war(not all but many) and wanting out and MCcain saying he will stay in for 100 years if that's what it takes why are so many voting for him if that means we will be over in Iraq for what may seem like forever???

I know there are more Rep that want out than dont so why :confused3 is it just that he is a stronger candidate as far as the Rep go because the Rep candidates seen so different to me in thre issues where the Dem candidates are so myuch more closer on there issues...

I would love to have your opinion on this and I come in peace...as you already know:flower3:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22864182]Congrats on MCcain....As you know Hillary is my girl and although it did not count it was nice to see her so far ahead!

With so many against the war(not all but many) and wanting out and MCcain saying he will stay in for 100 years if that's what it takes why are so many voting for him if that means we will be over in Iraq for what may seem like forever???

I know there are more Rep that want out than dont so why :confused3 is it just that he is a stronger candidate as far as the Rep go because the Rep candidates seen so different to me in thre issues where the Dem candidates are so myuch more closer on there issues...

I would love to have your opinion on this and I come in peace...as you already know:flower3:[/QUOTE]

Just was watching the CNN coverage, and they said many that don't like him do see him as the strongest General Election candidate.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22864182]Congrats on MCcain....As you know Hillary is my girl and although it did not count it was nice to see her so far ahead!

I would love to have your opinion on this and I come in peace...as you already know:flower3:[/QUOTE]

I think the success of the surge in Iraq has caused this to fade, as an issue that voters care most about. That shows in the CNN exit polls from Florida today. And certainly none of the Dem candidates are talking about it much anymore...

Most Important Issue
Illegal Immigration (16%)
Iraq (14%)
Economy (45%)
Terrorism (21%)

As for the idea that more Reps want out than don't, I haven't seen any recent polling numbers, but I doubt this is true.

Very happy tonight as well. I'm sick of hearing Rush and Glenn Beck (both of whom I've listened to for years), insult my intelligence as a McCain supporter. These guys see Romney as some conservative savior, when he is far from it. I see him as much more of a Hillary Clinton panderer than a true conservative. Even though I disagree with McCain on several issues, at least I know where he stands. I'll take that over someone who pretends to agree with me any day. Go Mac Go!

I think the success of the surge in Iraq has caused this to fade, as an issue that voters care most about. That shows in the CNN exit polls from Florida today. And certainly none of the Dem candidates are talking about it much anymore...

Most Important Issue
Illegal Immigration (16%)
Iraq (14%)
Economy (45%)
Terrorism (21%)

As for the idea that more Reps want out than don't, I haven't seen any recent polling numbers, but I doubt this is true.

Well what made me think of this was a poll I saw on CNN the other night when they were talking about the surge and how Americans were feeling on the issue still and they were talking about Dems, Rep and Indipendants on the poll. The perscentage for Rep was still higher than I would have expected at this point after the surge.

I cant remeber what all the percentages were but I was surprised by it. That is why I was wondering. Also with the way the polls were going who knows :confused3

By the way I must add that they also compared it to a year ago and to last month.

Well I for one am not all that enthused towards any of the field this year. But I will still hold true to my motto to vote for ABH.

Anybody But Hillary.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22864900]Well what made me think of this was a poll I saw on CNN the other night when they were talking about the surge and how Americans were feeling on the issue still and they were talking about Dems, Rep and Indipendants on the poll. The perscentage for Rep was still higher than I would have expected at this point after the surge.

I cant remeber what all the percentages were but I was surprised by it. That is why I was wondering. Also with the way the polls were going who knows :confused3[/QUOTE]

You got me curious, so I went and looked it up on polling report. The latest poll that breaks it down by party ID is from LA Times/Bloomberg, Jan 18-22.

For Republicans, on the question of troop withdrawls, 61% say "Stay As Long As It Takes", 24% want to "Withdraw Within a Year", and 8% want to "Withdraw Right Away". The remaining 7% were "Unsure".

You got me curious, so I went and looked it up on polling report. The latest poll that breaks it down by party ID is from LA Times/Bloomberg, Jan 18-22.

For Republicans, on the question of troop withdrawls, 61% say "Stay As Long As It Takes", 24% want to "Withdraw Within a Year", and 8% want to "Withdraw Right Away". The remaining 7% were "Unsure".

Thanks ...the other poll was higher than 24% for getting out ...but this gives me an idea.:thumbsup2
If I can find the other I will let ya know. Thanks for taking the time to hunt.:flower3:

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with your opinion that Reps want out of Iraq and the polling supports that. I think you're projecting your liberal weak views onto the republican party because of all the biased reporting that the media does about the war in Iraq.

But what you don't understand is that Reps (Conservatives) understand the need for a strong military and more importantly that we actually understand that you have to be willing to USE the military to defend our way of life.

If tomorrow Iran provoked us on a "grand" scale then the Rep support for a military response would high. Whereas the Dem/liberal response was that WE (the US) caused the event by our policies and that we should open a dialog with them to solve the problem.

But I have a request for you. As a liberal (stated Billary supporter) on a Conservative No DEBATE board you can ask questions but not challenge (debate) the answers you receive. I'm always willing to try to enlighten a person who had chosen the wrong path :)

I personally think a Romney/McCain ticket would be perfect. I like both of them for different reasons. Romney would be stong in Economics, and McCain with war issues. A lot of people said they couldn't decided because they weren't sure about either candidate, I found it hard to decide because I like both of them. (I did vote Romney for the Primary).

Very happy tonight as well. I'm sick of hearing Rush and Glenn Beck (both of whom I've listened to for years), insult my intelligence as a McCain supporter. These guys see Romney as some conservative savior, when he is far from it. I see him as much more of a Hillary Clinton panderer than a true conservative. Even though I disagree with McCain on several issues, at least I know where he stands. I'll take that over someone who pretends to agree with me any day. Go Mac Go!

I really don't get the "Conservative" support for McCain. He has proven himself NOT to be conservative on many important issues (immigration, tax cuts, first amendment issues with campaign finance)

Full disclosure, I am a Romney supporter. I guess I'm frustrated this morning, because I really do not get it.

McCain has only shown "leadership" qualities on issues that go against what most mainstream Republicans believe. Is he a war hero? Absolutely. And I appreciate his own personal beliefs about spending cuts, HOWEVER...it just doesn't seem to me that he's really stood up against spending cuts in terms of his voting record and also the bills he's drawn up and supported (where is his leadership on this issue other than election season rhetoric?)

I for one do not want a President who is going to engage is bi-partisanship when it means selling out conservative beliefs to the left. I'm also so tired of making "second choice" votes in the general election because the core of the party won't put up a "non-establishment" candidate. If McCain is the nominee I will STRONGLY consider a 3rd party or write-in vote...and if that means giving up the general to the left...well, perhaps its time to send a message to the "establishment" Republican machine that we actually want a conserative candidate.

As far as Romney, yes he's had some social issue "flip-flops" but he's demonstrated to true qualities of a LEADER by going into tough circumstances and bringing about changes. I also really do think he WILL hold the party line on the social issues.

Our economy is in trouble, and I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who doesn't get something as simple as tax cuts are GOOD for our economy. I respect McCain's views and leadership on Iraq policy, but I really do not give a crap about the conditions in Baghdad when with the economy in potential peril my husband's job is at risk on our own doorstep.

I'm truly discouraged this morning. I really had a hard time with my Romney vote (he is MY guy) knowing that it could eventually give the nod to McCain over Guiliani...

I'm diagnosing myself with a new condition CESD (conservative election season depression) Hopefully I can get ittreated under Hillary's UHC program :rolleyes1

I really liked Rudy's speech last night especially the part about the Republican's ideas applying to ALL Americans not just a segment. That really summed up the difference between the parties.

I really liked Rudy's speech last night especially the part about the Republican's ideas applying to ALL Americans not just a segment. That really summed up the difference between the parties.

As far as I am concerned, a person who can't run his own household is not suited for president. Your home is small scale. The national g'vt is a whole other matter.

Oh good Lord, if we picked politicians based on their homelife decisions we would never have anyone in office. Power brings a lot of other things with it.

With that said, I voted for Romney yesterday. Personally, though, there is is not one republican I am ga-ga over. It was a vote against McCain more than anything. I was a Guiliani supporter but knew he wouldn't take Florida. I didn't want McCain to take it. So I voted for who was giving him a run.

Yesterday was a terribly disappointing day between McCain (with our ******* governor making faces behind him during his speech) and stupid Amendment 1 passing. I hate this state more and more everyday. I can't wait until DH reaches retirement (less than 8 years :woohoo: ).

As far as I am concerned, a person who can't run his own household is not suited for president. Your home is small scale. The national g'vt is a whole other matter.

I don't disagree with that at all - I never thought Rudy was a strong candidate.

I just though his speach did a great job at pointing out the differences between the Dem plans (give something to each special interest group) versus Rep plans (give ALL people equal opportunity)

I am flushed with embarassment... I invited you over here last night and then signed off! Where are my manners? :laughing:

I can't speak for others in my party, but I am much more comfortable having an indefinite timeline for Iraq now that we have a saner strategary. Iraq is in my top tier of issues (although not #1), and McCain is the candidate that best and most sincerely reflects what I support in that area and others.

I really don't get the "Conservative" support for McCain. He has proven himself NOT to be conservative on many important issues (immigration, tax cuts, first amendment issues with campaign finance)

Full disclosure, I am a Romney supporter. I guess I'm frustrated this morning, because I really do not get it.

McCain has only shown "leadership" qualities on issues that go against what most mainstream Republicans believe. Is he a war hero? Absolutely. And I appreciate his own personal beliefs about spending cuts, HOWEVER...it just doesn't seem to me that he's really stood up against spending cuts in terms of his voting record and also the bills he's drawn up and supported (where is his leadership on this issue other than election season rhetoric?)

I for one do not want a President who is going to engage is bi-partisanship when it means selling out conservative beliefs to the left. I'm also so tired of making "second choice" votes in the general election because the core of the party won't put up a "non-establishment" candidate. If McCain is the nominee I will STRONGLY consider a 3rd party or write-in vote...and if that means giving up the general to the left...well, perhaps its time to send a message to the "establishment" Republican machine that we actually want a conserative candidate.

As far as Romney, yes he's had some social issue "flip-flops" but he's demonstrated to true qualities of a LEADER by going into tough circumstances and bringing about changes. I also really do think he WILL hold the party line on the social issues.

Our economy is in trouble, and I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who doesn't get something as simple as tax cuts are GOOD for our economy. I respect McCain's views and leadership on Iraq policy, but I really do not give a crap about the conditions in Baghdad when with the economy in potential peril my husband's job is at risk on our own doorstep.

I'm truly discouraged this morning. I really had a hard time with my Romney vote (he is MY guy) knowing that it could eventually give the nod to McCain over Guiliani...

I'm diagnosing myself with a new condition CESD (conservative election season depression) Hopefully I can get ittreated under Hillary's UHC program :rolleyes1

I'm totally with you on this!

I personally think a Romney/McCain ticket would be perfect. I like both of them for different reasons. Romney would be stong in Economics, and McCain with war issues. A lot of people said they couldn't decided because they weren't sure about either candidate, I found it hard to decide because I like both of them. (I did vote Romney for the Primary).

They are not happy campers together so cant see that happening. Also since Romney has been sending so much bad vibes at McCain I think he would rather punch him in the nose. The Debate will be interesting to watch.

I am flushed with embarassment... I invited you over here last night and then signed off! Where are my manners? :laughing:

I can't speak for others in my party, but I am much more comfortable having an indefinite timeline for Iraq now that we have a saner strategary. Iraq is in my top tier of issues (although not #1), and McCain is the candidate that best and most sincerely reflects what I support in that area and others.

You should be ashamed...be very ashamed that you left me alone:sad1:
Thanks for your answer. I believe in a strong Military but I feel that within a year or so we need to be out or Iraq and concentrate on keeping the Military strong but here.

Pulling out will help our Economy pick up and keep Billions of much needed money in our own country.

One thing both Dems and Rep agree on is that we want a better USA and for all of us to feel we are safe in our own country :thumbsup2

[QUOTE="Got Disney";22874442] I believe in a strong Military but I feel that within a year or so we need to be out or Iraq and concentrate on keeping the Military strong but here.

[/QUOTE]

Why? Where do you see a domestic threat that would require a large military force on US soil?

ford family

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter