The Conservative Thread: Back to Basics. Pass the Lasagna and Have a Flower!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO. Nonononononono. I've been to Disneyland Paris; got engaged there, as a matter of fact. And don't sigh over "how romantic", either, engaged in Paris. :rotfl: We were on the Disney train sitting next to the hairy-leggiest 10 year old girl I've ever seen and he just nonchalantly asked and I was like, 'yeah, okay'. :lmao: (He used to get down on one knee and say, "Will you....wait while I tie my shoe?" "Will you...scratch my back?" "Will you..." you get the idea.:laughing: )
The Disney magic just really isn't there. It wasn't Disney to me. I grew up in FL and went to WDW a lot; Paris just isn't the same. Hard to explain. :confused3

your hubby is funny! i like that.:hug:

so here's the thing...i've got this mileage....and i was in wdw twice last year and d'land twice last year and once this year...so i thought why not something dif? i was in dlp the year after it opened....before the train station was built to get you back to paris. i actually loved it, but it was somewhat underdeveloped at the time. so i thought i might try it again. but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is up with those hotel prices? where did you stay when you were there?

your hubby is funny! i like that.:hug:

so here's the thing...i've got this mileage....and i was in wdw twice last year and d'land twice last year and once this year...so i thought why not something dif? i was in dlp the year after it opened....before the train station was built to get you back to paris. i actually loved it, but it was somewhat underdeveloped at the time. so i thought i might try it again. but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is up with those hotel prices? where did you stay when you were there?
We stayed one night at a Disney hotel, and we arrived at like 2:00 am but they charged us fullprice; I think it was over $100 for a nasty, tiny room. :guilty: We stayed the next night in a regular hotel.
I don't know what the charges are nowadays.

My oldest son is 19...now I feel old. :sad2: Well, I guess that makes Zip old too, so it's okay. :goodvibes

It's okay Blestmom...my daughter is 19 too. :hug:

My daughter is also 19.:goodvibes

Did somebody say cake?:cloud9:

My practical side and my impractical side are at war regarding the 4 for 7 deal. The winner has yet to be determined!:rotfl:

I just have to share this. I lead a mom's group that has about 75 moms. In the last few weeks, we have had about six families whose husband's have lost their jobs. Since most of us are SAHM or work PT, this has been really hard. We keep a small food pantry, but it I emptied it out earlier this week when two families called and needed help. The other leader and I sent out an email asking for help replenishing our pantry. The response at our meeting today was just overwhelming. We received tons of food and houshold items, and one mom brought $75 worth of grocery gift cards for us to give to the families that needed it most. We had several moms who were in tears today as they took boxes and bags of food home. One mom, whose husband and she both work but still struggle, came up to me and let me know that her pantry was completely bare. She cried as we helped her fill her car up with groceries. After I came home, I have had several women call me to say that they have some money set aside and want to use it to help women in our group. I am not a crying person, but I have been in tears all afternoon because of all the kindness and generosity I saw exhibited today. I just wanted to share with everyone.

Wow, I like to hear inspiring stories like that.:thumbsup2

Here's my cake contribution.:banana:

cakechocolate.jpg

We stayed one night at a Disney hotel, and we arrived at like 2:00 am but they charged us fullprice; I think it was over $100 for a nasty, tiny room. :guilty: We stayed the next night in a regular hotel.
I don't know what the charges are nowadays.

the least expensive disney hotel i find is a HEINOUS $245 per night!!!!:scared1: :scared1:

I don't know if I should say this but I wouldn't really want to go to Paris right now. The exchange rate is still pretty high and it would help our economy more to spend the money at home. But really I am sure it would be fun.

Brag alert! I am so pleased with my project for today. I did a candy buffet for DS 16th birthday/cast party tonight and it turned out so nice! I read about it here on the Dis and got all the candy after Halloween for 1/2 off. We'll see if it is a hit with the teens but I love it! They are coming after the play for chili and a hot dog roast. (we have a fire pit). I hope it all goes well. Does anyone else get a little nervous about these things? Will they all come? Will they have fun? Will we (the parents) do or say something silly? So many things to think about!

I don't know if I should say this but I wouldn't really want to go to Paris right now. The exchange rate is still pretty high and it would help our economy more to spend the money at home. But really I am sure it would be fun.

Brag alert! I am so pleased with my project for today. I did a candy buffet for DS 16th birthday/cast party tonight and it turned out so nice! I read about it here on the Dis and got all the candy after Halloween for 1/2 off. We'll see if it is a hit with the teens but I love it! They are coming after the play for chili and a hot dog roast. (we have a fire pit). I hope it all goes well. Does anyone else get a little nervous about these things? Will they all come? Will they have fun? Will we (the parents) do or say something silly? So many things to think about!

A candy buffet? That's a great idea!!! Your party sounds fun, I hope it goes well. I may have to steal(borrow) the candy buffet idea for a Nutcracker Tea I'm running.

The candy buffet sounds awesome!

Hi all, happy Friday! :wizard:

So, I discovered something interesting....and maybe it applies. But, did y'all know that the absolute center of the Bible (the word of God) is Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man".

I guess you could say that it's quite literally, the central word of God.
For me, I find this to be so true. When you put total faith in other people, you're inevitably disappointed because we all are flawed due to being human. But God is always there and is perfect. :goodvibes

so many are furious that the MK doesn't have it's Christmas tree up yet. Someone actually asked about an attorney that would sue Disney for refunds for everyone that's already attended a MVMCP this year.

Seriously?

You didn't enjoy the special parade? You didn't enjoy the special fireworks and the special shows? You didn't enjoy your free hot chocolate and cookies? You didn't enjoy the special snow on main street or the extra characters that are usually out for the parties?

Your night was ruined because one Christmas tree wasn't even up?

*sigh*
Huh. I thought the trees would've been up by now. But to sue over it? Yikes! I'd love to go to WDW to see the Christmas shows and such one day, but not in the cards for now.

Here's a happy thought: Anyone taking advantage of the stay 4 nights get 3 free deal? I've never stayed at a Value, but have heard so much good about Pop. I'm thinking about it… It's really tempting… I mean, don't we all have to do our part to get WDW through this hard economic time?
;) That special is the main reason we're going in 2009, and the only reason we're staying in Wlilderness Lodge.

A long time ago I had to realize that the way Zippa wanted things to be and the way God wants things to be are not always one and the same. It took me a while, but I'm cool with that now.
Not all conservatives are Christians, not by a long shot. And vice versa
Zippa, you are very wise. This is something that finally dawned on me a couple years ago. When I was in HS and a lot of college, I tended to pray for things I wanted to happen, circumstances to work the way I wanted to, etc. Then I finally figured out that God knows far better what I need than I do. So, I started praying for His will to be done in His time, not mine. It has helped me not take disappointments nearly as badly as before. I realize if God had wanted whatever I wanted to happen, it would have.

I'm listening to Disney's Christmas Sleigh Ride. :santa:

SD, there's even a Donald Duck solo. :goodvibes

I missed it! :sad1:

We have 33 days left!!!!!!!! And two months from today I start the WDW College Program.:banana:

I hope you have a fabulous time, Soarin! And since I will be down there in April, please do let me know where you'll be working. If at all possible, we'll come by to see you! :goodvibes

Not so horribly cold here...mid 40s, but winter is a'comin!

Wanna talk about geriatric doggies? I'm surrounded by them right now; one snoring on each side of my chair as I type. :) One is ours, the other is a holiday house guest (his owners went to see their daughter in college for Thanksgiving). The visitor doggy is a grumbler. He is so funny. It's not a growl or a bark or a whine...it's a low grumble. Remember the grandpa in the Hillbilly Bear cartoons? Sounds like him. :rotfl: And if you grumble back you can get a conversation going, too.

Well that's the problem, right there. He's got Animal Kingdom Lodge-envy. I've seen it. It's ugly. His owner must have said "You're going to like it there. She loves Disney." But what he heard was "You're going to…Disney!" And now he's in your living room, all bitter and stuff, grumbling. :rotfl:
:rotfl2:

Just heard on Hannity -- HC has just accepted the SoS -- this should be pretty interesting....
I'm happy. I still think he's setting her up somehow, but I'm happy for me and the country anyway. Do I agree with even a fourth of what she believes? Nope. But that aside and some personal issues I have with her, she's a smart lady and is not afraid to speak up. I don't think she will simply take anyone's marching orders, particularly on the talks with no preconditions thing.

I'm joining in! Republicans in 2012!!:goodvibes

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm only 21 so its hard to find people my age who are Republican!

I was a political science major in college and I went to school on Long Island (where I live) at SUNY Stony Brook. In class when we would have political arguments it was me against...well basically the whole class! NOt too fun! Great to come here with like minded people

Welcome! I'm looking forward to chatting with you here. I know how you feel, seeing as I'm only 25. It's not easy. But there are more and more young adults who are conservatives. Just takes some looking.

I was searching Google for a nice cake for you and found this. I LOVE IT!

WeddingCake.jpg

:rotfl2:

Did somebody say cake?:cloud9:

My practical side and my impractical side are at war regarding the 4 for 7 deal. The winner has yet to be determined!:rotfl:

I just have to share this. I lead a mom's group that has about 75 moms. In the last few weeks, we have had about six families whose husband's have lost their jobs. Since most of us are SAHM or work PT, this has been really hard. We keep a small food pantry, but it I emptied it out earlier this week when two families called and needed help. The other leader and I sent out an email asking for help replenishing our pantry. The response at our meeting today was just overwhelming. We received tons of food and houshold items, and one mom brought $75 worth of grocery gift cards for us to give to the families that needed it most. We had several moms who were in tears today as they took boxes and bags of food home. One mom, whose husband and she both work but still struggle, came up to me and let me know that her pantry was completely bare. She cried as we helped her fill her car up with groceries. After I came home, I have had several women call me to say that they have some money set aside and want to use it to help women in our group. I am not a crying person, but I have been in tears all afternoon because of all the kindness and generosity I saw exhibited today. I just wanted to share with everyone.
:hug: Is this through your church? So many people underestimate the philanthropic power of churches. I know here, my church rented a huge tractor trailer truck and a smaller one right after Katrina hit the Gulf, and I think we sent them down there two different times, full of food, clothes, blankets, mattresses, furniture, books, you name it. I was so proud of my fellow church goers and my church.

sorcererdonald....the tower of terror loop is coming up again...since you missed it last time....ya know...
Missed it again! Bah. :sad1:

Apologies for using your thread for a second...
human.. from what I understand some folks were being crude and got the thread poofed.... why the whole thread went and if we can ever start another is unknown...
Aww, I'm sorry for you akhenaten. How goes it with your son and hockey? How are you doing? Hope all's well with you and yours.

now i think i'm just squealing over their hotel prices...what's UP with that?!?!?
Is that a good squeal or a bad squeal?

Thanks for asking.

She's not doing very well. She's having several relapses a day. She still has her double vision, her eyes droop and her speech gets slurred. She also can't grasp things. Of course, it's not all of the time, so she'll be fine one minute, and then the next she'll have all of the symptoms. She's a teacher, so she's worried about this affecting her job. They are playing with her meds to see if they can make things better for her.

Thanks again for asking.
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that MM. She's still in my prayers. As for the WDW trip, that's so wonderful of you all to want to make sure you can help your family if needed. If I had the money, I'd pay for you to go to WDW myself because I think that's such a kind gesture that y'all are doing. Let me know if you want me to take pictures or video of anything in particular for y'all to enjoy.

Here is a site to learn about how to set one up. http://hubpages.com/hub/Wedding-Candy-Buffet

Mine for tonight is a fall (Thanksgiving) theme. I have a cornucopia with smarties, wine glasses with candy bracelets and necklaces, a "cake" of snickers bars, a glass pumpkin with Milk duds, a napkin covered Styrofoam ball with tootsie pops stuck into it, and then smaller bowls of chocolate. The key seems to be to have some taller and some smaller. And to have enough candy. Each of our guests will get a treat bag to fill at the end of the night.

^That sounds neat!

This is OT, but I'm sitting here by a window and an awful smell is coming in the house from outside. It smells like bleach or something. I closed the vents, but it's still coming in. What the heck?

Only thing I can think is maybe someone sprayed poison somewhere nearby. Ugh, it's awful. Y'all can carry on without me for awhile. I'm going to abandon ship for awhile and get away from whatever this is. :headache:

I missed it! :sad1:
No, my Disney Christmas Sleigh Ride is a CD I have. :santa: Nobody heard it but me.
Just like no one ever hears those tiny voices but me...you know, the ones that tell you to throw spitballs at cars with bo stickers? I don't listen, though. :rotfl:

Uh oh, batsignal.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that MM. She's still in my prayers. As for the WDW trip, that's so wonderful of you all to want to make sure you can help your family if needed. If I had the money, I'd pay for you to go to WDW myself because I think that's such a kind gesture that y'all are doing. Let me know if you want me to take pictures or video of anything in particular for y'all to enjoy.
Oh my gosh, that is the nicest thing ever! Don't worry about us, we'll be okay - DH is a doctor and eventually we'll get those loans paid off so we can take care of family AND go to Disney! :) (Okay, ready for some serious flames from lurkers for being rich - we aren't - he's only a family doc:rotfl: )

that sounds so fun!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter