The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My daughter will be doing quick service kitchen from May 23-to January. i have two questions. One- do they need to bring a social security card and two are there good bank options close by? Thanks for your help.

YES!!! Make sure she brings her social security card! I forgot mine when I did my CP back in 05 and I had to go down to the Federal building and spend all day there. It was not fun!

As far as banks, all of the national banks, like Bank of America, Washington Mutual, etc., are in Orlando. Like others have said, your daughter can choose to do direct deposit. Also, Disney has its own credit union for employees that CPs are eligible to become a member of. There are several branches on property and one just down the road from Vista Way/Chatham.

Joanna71985 -- Haven't received her official packet yet so we don't know when she's going. How long after your audition did you get word? Do you know just what character performers do? Know anyone who's already done it?

Joanna71985 -- Haven't received her official packet yet so we don't know when she's going. How long after your audition did you get word? Do you know just what character performers do? Know anyone who's already done it?

I got an email 5 days after my audition saying I didn't get performer, and I got my letter about 3-4 weeks after the audition. If I am correct, the letter states the height range, and when you get down there you are told the characters in it (although if you want I can give you a hint;) ).

Nancymousehouse-I got the email notifying me about the character performer acceptance, and then I got the official packet about a week later. The packet gives you your sign-in information for the website, and then you can choose your arrival date from there depending on what program season (Fall or Fall Advantage) Hope that's helpful! Look forward to maybe meeting your daughter in person when we're all down there! :)

Nancymousehouse-I got the email notifying me about the character performer acceptance, and then I got the official packet about a week later. The packet gives you your sign-in information for the website, and then you can choose your arrival date from there depending on what program season (Fall or Fall Advantage) Hope that's helpful! Look forward to maybe meeting your daughter in person when we're all down there! :)

When do you start again Disneygirl3919?

I found out at the audition that I was offered a role. :) Then I received my acceptance packet 12 days after the audition. I hear that character performers in the College Program start out by doing meet and greets in the 4 parks.

Question....
I want to try to get in for the Spring semester....but i will be going on a family cruise January 13-20...do you get to pick when you start or are there assigned days?????

Please help!!!
Thanks!

Question....
I want to try to get in for the Spring semester....but i will be going on a family cruise January 13-20...do you get to pick when you start or are there assigned days?????

Please help!!!
Thanks!

When you are accepted to the CP and you go to log on, there is several arrival dates to choose from.

I know it's totally up to the school, but I was just wondering how most of you handled financial aid and insurance. It's all just so confusing to me. I guess in order to keep my loans and insurance, I need to be declared as full time, which means I have to have 12 credits. And to get credit for doing the program, I need to have a signature from my supervisor. And I'd still need to take 2 or 3 classes. Has anyone else had to go through this?
Thanks!!!

I'm curious if anyone has used the weight rooms at Vista Way or Chatham. There's a picture on the website, but does anyone know how large/clean/busy they are? And are there cardio machines, or just weight lifting equipment?

I'm curious if anyone has used the weight rooms at Vista Way or Chatham. There's a picture on the website, but does anyone know how large/clean/busy they are? And are there cardio machines, or just weight lifting equipment?

I've been inside the one at Chatham. I think there is both there. I will know for sure in 2 weeks, since I will be using it this time.

I can not tell you how excited I am! I'm pretty sure I've been accepted because they asked me to send in all original/signed pages from my application packet to WDW. But, you never know until I get my official letter in the mail. (About how long does that take by the way? I know the web says around 10 days, but I recieved my DL letter in less than a week.)

Just reading this thread gets me so excited about the high possiblity of being a part of the Disney magic! I've already scouted out apartments in case I get offered a FT job! :)

Sorry, I'm really random, but sometimes you get so excited you just can't hold it in!

good luck to you. to tell you the truth though, they have everyone send in all the original signed pages of their application, so that doesn't mean anything. it takes about 2 weeks, sometimes longer. but for the most part its two weeks.

hope this helps. I really hope you get in! Good Luck! :cheer2:

Getting credit, financial aid, and insurance are usually up uour school. I was able to take as many credits as I wanted (1 credit up to 20 credits) through my school when I went down this past Fall. They were all counted as elective classes and they were intern credits as well. All I had to do was take one class through Disney, go to work, write a 10 page paper when I was finished with the program, and interview 2 full-time employees.
It just totally depends on your school. I was very lucky to be able to take as many credits as I wanted and not have to do a lot of work. The credits were based more on the experience.

thanks, cuz it will be a lot easier to go to dtd than going all the way to mk or mgm...especially since i have to work that night. and hopefully, my manager will let me wear my grad cap that night!!!!! hey, its disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter