• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the exact housing I want. I just found out though that the spring advantage first day to check in isn't until the 17th Jan. Do they limit the amount of people that can check in on a certain day?

I don't know how it works, but there are several check-in dates so I'm sure that it gets spaced out. I know that as time goes on, dates get removed from the website so they probably get filled.

I need to start making plans but I'm in limbo with this whole audition thing. Just 3 more weeks!

MissSpooky said:
I need to start making plans but I'm in limbo with this whole audition thing. Just 3 more weeks!

I hear you. I was the same way with mine. Good luck to you.

sandicinderelli, when you click on "Reply to Thread," go to your "Smilies" box - then click on "More" at the bottom of the box. If you scroll down, there will be Disney smilies, and there are some bouncing ones.

Also occurring recently, you can get "booed" and get a Mickey jack-o-lantern bouncing smiley! I guess you request on the appropriate forum that you want to be "booed," and hopefully someone will PM you and "boo" you. :)

Well, I've been reading the board for a good week now trying to sift through all the info on here making sure I don't ask something that's already been answered (although I've read sooooo much I'm sure I will anyway)...so I guess I should introduce myself!

My name is Bailey and I am a student at LSU. I really want to do the Spring program or the Spring Advantage program (or maybe do the Spring program and extend into the summer?). I am going to watch the e-presentation tomorrow and then schedule my interview, because after reading all of this and the other info I've found on the web, I just don't think I can wait until the come to LSU for the live presentation!!! I am hoping to work in operations and then audition for entertainment and extend into the summer and be a character attendant (you do audition for that right?) In operations I really REALLY want a spieling (sp?) role - I'm a theatre major and those are RIGHT up my alley :thumbsup2

So any advice anyone wants to give me about anything is TOTALLY welcome! I'll be on here with TONS of questions in the next few days but I'd love to just talk generally with anyone too :) You can PM me, IM me (TexasOnMyMind365) or e-mail me (bplaye1@lsu.edu) with whatever valuable Disney info you've got!!!

So here's to hoping I'll be at Disney Spring 2007! *crosses fingers*

hi, Im new to posting here, it took me awhile to get through all the previous threads. I am a Spring 2007 hopeful. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on the post interview wait time? Me and a friend applied together. She actually did her interview a week after me and already received her acceptance letter. I was wondering if this is bad news for me and I can assume I didn't get in or if it just varies and I can still have hope? Thanks a lot for any help.

Hey guys!

I've heard that if you have graduated already while down there, they offer to let you stay there. Is that just a continuation of the CP, or do you get a higher role while working with Disney?

Sehsun said:
sandicinderelli, when you click on "Reply to Thread," go to your "Smilies" box - then click on "More" at the bottom of the box. If you scroll down, there will be Disney smilies, and there are some bouncing ones.

Thanks, Sehsun! :tinker: As you can see, I've already got the hang of it!:mickeyjum

Thanks, again.

lalalo said:
hi, Im new to posting here, it took me awhile to get through all the previous threads. I am a Spring 2007 hopeful. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on the post interview wait time? Me and a friend applied together. She actually did her interview a week after me and already received her acceptance letter. I was wondering if this is bad news for me and I can assume I didn't get in or if it just varies and I can still have hope? Thanks a lot for any help.

I'm not really sure since I've never interviewed with any friends... but don't give up until you get a bad letter! I know that they say it can take up to like 3 weeks.. (unless you're like me and applying for a Professional Internship.. then they make you wait months for interviews.. ;) ) But I have never heard of someone who really wanted to do a CP, not getting it..Good luck! Let us know!

AladdinJay said:
Hey guys!

I've heard that if you have graduated already while down there, they offer to let you stay there. Is that just a continuation of the CP, or do you get a higher role while working with Disney?

You have a few options. Extend your CP. Stay on automatically as seasonal-- picking up shifts, get a part time or full time position (that may or may not be in your same location. There may be a wait list to do this as well) or you can try for a Professional Internship-- which includes Management Internships as well as a variety of different segments of the business. You can find those at disneycareers.com (if they are posted right now, not sure).

Not sure if anyone here could answer this but I thought to give it a shot cause I'm starting to panic. During my interview I was invited to audition and he said that he was going to send all the information in the mail. It's a little over 2 weeks away and I'm getting anxious. Am I supposed to be getting any paperwork or anything in the mail or e-mail?

Hope everyone is having a great day! :sunny:

If you are in the College Program, do you get any discounts for Disney Quest admission? I already know you get free admission to any of the four parks and discounts for the water parks and Pleasure Island.

You pretty much get discounts on everything disney. ok, that's a lie.. but it feels true. :) so, yes, yes you do.

i have another question. i was looking on youtube last night and came across a video where someone took a tour of the room and i noticed something very signifigant. there are no tv's!!!! or is there.....?

thanks

if you want a tv, you'll have to bring one. There's one cable hookup in the living room area, so if you want tv in your room you'll have to bring a splitter.

Besides, you won't be watching tv that much.

Hey everyone! I received my acceptance letter today, and I've been wanting to do this program for the last 2 years, but I'm not sure if I'm going to accept. I'm a sophomore right now, and my parents aren't too into having me do this, at least not this year. I also got accepted as housekeeping, and I'm not too excited about that. Is there anyone here who's done that, or where I can read opinions about it?

bplaye1 said:
In operations I really REALLY want a spieling (sp?) role - I'm a theatre major and those are RIGHT up my alley :thumbsup2

Make sure you mention this during your interview. Because, let's face it, not everyone is cut out for a spieling role. If they know you want to spiel, they'll be more likely to put you there, rather than someone else who may or may not want to spiel. I've been a trainer at a high-spiel attraction, and it was always easier to train someone that wanted to be a spieler, compared with someone that just kinda ended up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter