• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PartOfYourWorld,

the costuming role means either working at the Cast Member Zoom buildings (costuming locations for Cast Members) or the entertainment area (costuming for entertainment CMs, ie characters and parades).

Prolly means you wash the costumes or help with costuming checkout.

Hey teh fish, if you haven't left already, have a safe trip back home.

Also with the Costuming roll you help do minor repairs. Sewing on buttons and the like. I think, the best way to get the roll is to apply as fast as you can, even if it means the e-presentation. Which is seriously just a video that tells you about the CP program. Wonderful selling tool, but not a lot of information. Then you set up the phone interview like anyone else. I tried with the e-presentation, and didn't make it. Good luck to you though!! I hope you get it!

Thanks so much for all the help everyone! I guess that means I'll be applying the second they put the application up... : )! I have a really strong background in sewing (what I hope to be teaching once I graduate) and have even worked at a drycleaners before so maybe that'll help a little. I can hope at least! Sorry to hear you didn't get in C.C.H.M. Thanks for the luck though because I'll def be needing it.

I agree, hop on the e-presentation opportunity first chance you get. I think it does give you a better chance at getting what you want. Also, don't forget to mention your sewing background in your phone interview and mention that you'd really enjoy the costuming role. They like it when applicants know what they'd really like to do on the program. :)

I was just wondering if anyone knew the approximate dates for the Fall CP. I am interested in doing the Fall 2007 CP. I know that the dates are usually from August to January, but is it early January or mid-January?

I want to go to grad school and if possible, start a program in the spring. Usually grad school programs in the spring start in early January. What happens if the grad school program starts towards the end of the CP? Will the people in charge of the CP allow me to end the program early if I have legitimate reasons (i.e., school)?

(The grad school I am planning to go is not the current school I'm enrolled in now. I also will have graduated by the time I plan to do the CP.)

I'm not sure about the whole Grad Student situation but the Fall CP runs from August-Septmember until the beginning of January. I think people arrive anywhere between August 10 and September 11 and then check out days are January 3 and 5.

I have two more questions!!

1. I am thinking about doing fall advantage 2007. However, there is an event in June I simply cannot miss. So, is there a date that I can go down toward the end of June or even July? Or, if you do the advantage, do you have to go down in May?

2. Also, do they require you to bring any paperwork as far as medical history goes? Do I need to get a physical before I go? I had one very recently. Also, when you are down there, do they do any medical things on you to make sure you are healthy enough to take on the role?

AladdinJay said:
I have two more questions!!

1. I am thinking about doing fall advantage 2007. However, there is an event in June I simply cannot miss. So, is there a date that I can go down toward the end of June or even July? Or, if you do the advantage, do you have to go down in May?

2. Also, do they require you to bring any paperwork as far as medical history goes? Do I need to get a physical before I go? I had one very recently. Also, when you are down there, do they do any medical things on you to make sure you are healthy enough to take on the role?

1. This year, advantage was in May.

2. No, you don't need a physical.

So it's pretty much May or August? I would love to start in May but I can't because of something in June, so it stinks that I have to delay it for 3 months for something that would only take a few hours. There's no way I could come down in July?

I heard they do a brief medical exam when you get there to make sure you are healthy enough to do it. Is that true?

AladdinJay said:
So it's pretty much May or August? I would love to start in May but I can't because of something in June, so it stinks that I have to delay it for 3 months for something that would only take a few hours. There's no way I could come down in July?

I heard they do a brief medical exam when you get there to make sure you are healthy enough to do it. Is that true?

No, there is no physical. And there are no dates in July. I believe the quarter schools come in June, though.

Hey there! I have a few questions :) I originally was going to apply for Operations or Merch or Hospitality. Recently though, I have ben thinking about how much fun it could be to be in entertainment. I am 6'2'' and a guy. I was wondering, what are my chances of getting into entertainment. I have never had dance classes or anything like that. Would I be a character>??? Are there any characters that tall>? I have a picture if that would help>? Also , would applying for entertainment and waiting for the audition lessen my chance of getting into the program because they will fill spots while I am waiting for the audition and if I dont get entertainment will there not be any spots for me in operations...ets>? Hopefully that makes sense! THANK YOU ALL :)

DLDan said:
Hey there! I have a few questions :) I originally was going to apply for Operations or Merch or Hospitality. Recently though, I have ben thinking about how much fun it could be to be in entertainment. I am 6'2'' and a guy. I was wondering, what are my chances of getting into entertainment. I have never had dance classes or anything like that. Would I be a character>??? Are there any characters that tall>? I have a picture if that would help>? Also , would applying for entertainment and waiting for the audition lessen my chance of getting into the program because they will fill spots while I am waiting for the audition and if I dont get entertainment will there not be any spots for me in operations...ets>? Hopefully that makes sense! THANK YOU ALL :)

Yes, there are characters at 6'2. And no, waiting for the audition does not lessen your chance. So I would say go for it. Good luck.

You know those performers on the Great Movie Ride? Are those CP'ers? I would LOVE to do that.

^yes, they are. They have to learn a looooong script and do it perfectly. One person I know wasn't able to and they put him at One's Man Dream.

Is there a way to request a specific ride? I'm in operations arriving on the 23rd but I had put entertainment as my preference during the interview........can I ask to be put somewhere at check-in?

I'm wondering the same thing. If I pick Operations, is it luck of the draw? I would love to do the movie ride, but if I pick it do I have the same chance of getting that than I do say, Dumbo?

Hello everyone! Well I just applied for Spring 07 and I have my phone interview on Monday! I am really excited.... and also VERY NERVOUS :) I was wondering if any alumni out there could give me an idea of what they will ask :) I know that it is probably somwhere in the forum.... but I do not have time to look back through tons of pages! THANKS EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter