• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that there was a summer alumni only program and then there was an additional test that was for everyone. Is that wrong?

I heard that they might be starting an everyone-summer CP. But until that happens, the summer is alumni only.

hey everyone,
well they have now made a summer program for non-alumni. I guess it's new this summer, the stipulations are that you can't take any of the classes and you can only work quick service food and beverage or custodial. during my phone interview i asked my recruiter about why they decided to revamp the non-alumni CP program and she just said there's so many people who want to come to the CP but can't because of school, and they always need more QSFB and custodians! woo. so now they have it.

i have another question, i thought my interview went really well, but i am very confused because i thought my recruiter said that i would find out if I am accepted by email in 2 weeks. my friend also interviewed and was told he would be contacted by mail. is it a bad sign that they told me email? has anyone ever been contacted by email? ive never heard of it, so i'm wondering if maybe i just imagined/misunderstood that whole bit...

I'm pretty sure you find out acceptance by letter. That was how I found out last year. And I know people who found out by letter for the Fall this year.

Joanna71985 said:
I heard that they might be starting an everyone-summer CP. But until that happens, the summer is alumni only.

Oooh, that'd be cool!! I'm still hoping to do it before I student teach, or maybe a semester earlier (Spring 2007).

Got a weird question about the CP. My son is thinking about it, but I'm worried about how it will affect his "full-time" status at school and our health insurance. He is over 19 and has to be a full-time student or else I have to pay COBRA (at $250 a month) to keep him on the health insurance.

Has anyone come across that with their parents health insurance??

Although it sounds like a summer program has opened up. Maybe that's what I can steer him towards for next summer.

clkelley said:
Got a weird question about the CP. My son is thinking about it, but I'm worried about how it will affect his "full-time" status at school and our health insurance. He is over 19 and has to be a full-time student or else I have to pay COBRA (at $250 a month) to keep him on the health insurance.

Has anyone come across that with their parents health insurance??

Although it sounds like a summer program has opened up. Maybe that's what I can steer him towards for next summer.

I have that problem. I was able to do the last CP because I was still under 21 (and could still be on my dad's insurance without needing to be a full-time student). However, I will be turning 21 in July (and could be during my next CP if accepted). So I HAVE to be a full-time student while on the CP (or my dad has to pay). So this means I HAVE to take course while in Disney. Does his school offer credits for the CP? And also, I don't know if it's definite for a summer CP yet. As of now, I believe it's only for alumni, and I heard that the only roles available for first-time CPs are custodial and something else.

Hey everyone,

I have said this twice already but I guess you must think I am fibbing! The College Program for Summer ONLY for FIRST TIME applicants NOW EXISTS and they are accepting applicants for this summer. It's a new program but it's no longer just "in talks", it actually exists (and I sure hope so seeing as how I just went to a presentation, applied for the summer program, and went through my phone interview, telling them I wanted this program). It's real and it's here people! And if you want proof, check out the Disney website (I'd post the link but it won't let me post URLs till I reach a certain number of posts on this board). Go to the Disney CP website, read the section called "Program Overview" and under the "Program Seasons" you can see the "Summer (First Time Applicants" season.

Just wanted to clear up any confusion/speculation!

Thanks,
Janet

I know that. Like I said before, it's for alumni or first-time CPs, but the only roles available are custodial and something else (which I now remember is quick food service. This is from the official website:

Summer Program
This Summer Program, which is open to all applicants, offers a three-month work experience in Quick-Service Food and Beverage or Custodial.
Due to the short duration of the Summer College Program, participants will not be able to take part in Disney College Program Education classes. However, these participants may take advantage of My Disney Career activities and networking events, as well as all other Disney Learning Center opportunities available to them as part of the Disney Difference.

NOTE:
Quick-Service Food and Beverage and Custodial are the only roles available for this program. Applicants interested in other roles should consider our Fall or Fall Advantage programs.

* Summer Program - interviews are held during the spring semester, and this program spans approximately mid/late May through August.

So those are the only roles available right now for first-timers.

Does every country in the world showcase sell a type of beer from that country?

Anyone ever take the advantage, but wish they would have just taken the fall/spring and wanted to get back to school? Is this possible? Will they allow you to do that? And still be allowed to come back another time or sign up for seasonal? Just curious.

If you get advantage and leave early, you are self-terminating and will get a restricted hire with Disney, making it VERY hard to rehire with Disney or any of their companies.

^in two hours we got almost half of the countries before Illuminations and they close all shops.

Be sure to try the Moosehead lager in Canada and Stella in the UK.

if you have to leave the program early (up to three weeks before your scheduled end date) and if you have a valid reason (I had RA training, but school is a good reason too) you are able to leave without penalty.

awesome, I cant wait to go "around the world." If you interview over the phone, when do you audition for character performers?

UTphipsi...942 said:
awesome, I cant wait to go "around the world." If you interview over the phone, when do you audition for character performers?

Right now. The first of the auditions started today (including mine! :teeth: ). If you want to do an audition, call ASAP!!

UTphipsi...942 said:

You need to indicate during your interview that you plan on doing the audition, and they'll let you know of the closest location

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter