The Christmas 2006 Tree Swap Now Closed!

Add me to the list!
Boardwalk Villas Dec.3-8

Jennifer Little
I am sure I can bring a tree too!

Thanks so much!

There have already been shared a couple of ideas of where we can purchase a Christmas tree already decorated and ready to set up. I am looking for more ideas. Any suggestions???? :santa:

Anyone else out there want in? Anyone know of some good tree bargains?

UrsulasShadow said:
You're welcome! Anyone else????

Mindy, Is there a cut-off date for signing up? I would imagine there would have to be a drop date so plans can be made and groups matched up.

Thank you for doing all this. :thumbsup2

Angel

We would be interested in sharing...

We arrive at All Star Sports on December 23d and leave AKL on January 1st.

Please sign us up. lol :lmao:

Added in, thanks for joining!

Angel16 said:
Mindy, Is there a cut-off date for signing up? I would imagine there would have to be a drop date so plans can be made and groups matched up.

Thank you for doing all this. :thumbsup2

Angel

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. I think Triplefigs closed it the 3rd week in October, but I thought I'd keep it running until the 1st of November, since I started it a little late. We don't have anyone on the swap arriving before Thanksgiving yet, but if we do, I may adjust the closing date to give everyone a chance to get the tree ordered or bought (esp. if buying online it might take time). How does that sound? Any thoughts on this?

Anyone else? Less than 2 weeks until we close this swap...join us now!

Hi UrsulasShadow,

I didn't know this thread existed. We are sharing a tree for the first 1/2 of our trip over at OKW via a thread on the DVC board. I'm bringing down at least one tree (maybe two) or shipping them ahead. But I'd love a tree to finish off our trip - 11/22-24 at BC - if there's one available. Or maybe I can ship a third and leave it there.

Over on the DVC Tree share board - we will leave an envelope inside the box and folks can share the shipping expense back to the owner at the end of the holiday season. Is that similar to what you've done in the past?

Let me know if you need me to supply a tree. I haven't boxed them up yet because our trip is still a surprise for my kids and I don't want them catching on too early. But I have a bunch of minature trees, lights and ornaments. What I don't have in ornaments I can buy in a few weeks...

I would like to join in the swap. We will be at Pop 11/26-12/2. I wouldn't mind bringing a small tree w/ us! Let me know if we fit and what to do to pass it along!

Hello! This sounds like a fun idea. I'll be at Shades of Green from 11/25-12/3. How does this work, do I bring a tree or receive one from someone? Thanks!

Susan

mmmcq said:
Hi UrsulasShadow,

I didn't know this thread existed. We are sharing a tree for the first 1/2 of our trip over at OKW via a thread on the DVC board. I'm bringing down at least one tree (maybe two) or shipping them ahead. But I'd love a tree to finish off our trip - 11/22-24 at BC - if there's one available. Or maybe I can ship a third and leave it there.

Over on the DVC Tree share board - we will leave an envelope inside the box and folks can share the shipping expense back to the owner at the end of the holiday season. Is that similar to what you've done in the past?

Let me know if you need me to supply a tree. I haven't boxed them up yet because our trip is still a surprise for my kids and I don't want them catching on too early. But I have a bunch of minature trees, lights and ornaments. What I don't have in ornaments I can buy in a few weeks...
In the past (okay, last year is the only one I've participated in :goodvibes ), we didn't bother shipping back, but the last person with the tree was responsible with the ultimate fate of the tree...they could keep it, they could donate it to their local nursing home,they could arrange to ship it back, or they could do what I did...leave it as a holiday tip for Mousekeeping. If you'd like to arrange it otherwise, feel free to pm all parties in your swap-line (when we finally have one!) and set up whatever works for you. The first person in the swap line will be responsible for supplying the tree, so if this doesn't work for you, maybe you can pm the others in your line and ask them to share expenses. I keep the tree cheap, and I'd have one anyway, and I'd leave it for Mousekeeping anyway, so it isn't an extra expense for me...but if it is prohibitive for anyone, I'm sure we'll all understand.

thedears said:
would love to join but looks like we'd be the only SSR crew... Dec 10-15
I was the only one at SSR last year! If you don't mind traveling, you can arrange to pick it up at another resort. I arranged to pick up mine from the desk at Contemporary, since the DISer I was getting it from and I couldn't figure out a mutually-agreeable time, so she left it there for me with my name on it. On my arrival day I was having dinner at the CG, so it was convenient to pick it up then. (The addendum to this little story is...I forgot to pick it up :blush: , but the next morning there was a knock on my door, and there was the nicest CM, standing there holding my tree! I don't recommend this as a method, but it was the first of the pixie dust I got on that trip!).

SusanMomOf2 said:
Hello! This sounds like a fun idea. I'll be at Shades of Green from 11/25-12/3. How does this work, do I bring a tree or receive one from someone? Thanks!

Susan
We'll know better when I start setting things up, but you're pretty early, so you may be first in your line. I'm going to hunt online for inexpensive trees, and when I have some links, I'll post them. If anyone else has links, please post them here!

UrsulasShadow said:
I was the only one at SSR last year! If you don't mind traveling, you can arrange to pick it up at another resort. I arranged to pick up mine from the desk at Contemporary, since the DISer I was getting it from and I couldn't figure out a mutually-agreeable time, so she left it there for me with my name on it. On my arrival day I was having dinner at the CG, so it was convenient to pick it up then. (The addendum to this little story is...I forgot to pick it up :blush: , but the next morning there was a knock on my door, and there was the nicest CM, standing there holding my tree! I don't recommend this as a method, but it was the first of the pixie dust I got on that trip!).

Thanks for the info, but I actually ordered one lastnight as I was surfing. I found a cute 2' fiber optic tree for $14.99....it comes already decorated but I plan on adding my own Disney decorations once I get there. pixiedust:

Actually, I think the shipping it back part might be hard for most. I'll check and see if I can pre-pay for UPS and then someone could just leave it at the front desk. I have the trees and the decorations....it's just that I have a bunch that I use outside. I do a lot of holiday stuff including running a Holiday House Tour. I never know when I might need them! I have a basement full of decorations - boxes and boxes of stuff. I'm not only a DIS and Disney aholic ....I'm a Christmas decoration aholic. They are all nightmarish diseases to catch. :lmao:

I just found the most adorable tree at my Dollar General store! It's DIS green and fiber optic!!! It's 32 inches, so just under 3 ft tall.
And the best part, it was only $10!!! I had to buy it :goodvibes
I'll try to get a pic of it and post so you all can see :thumbsup2

Here's a pic of it, not the best though!
100_1423.jpg
[/IMG]

thedears said:
Thanks for the info, but I actually ordered one lastnight as I was surfing. I found a cute 2' fiber optic tree for $14.99....it comes already decorated but I plan on adding my own Disney decorations once I get there. pixiedust:
momto2inKC said:
I just found the most adorable tree at my Dollar General store! It's DIS green and fiber optic!!! It's 32 inches, so just under 3 ft tall.
Are you both still in the swap? Do you want to pass these on when you leave?

This sounds like fun, count us in. My DF and I will be staying at the Pop Century from 12/16-12/23. We would love as much holiday spirit as possible!!! Great idea! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter