The cheese tray?

WE have ordered it literally a dozen or so times and it always had at least 4 but mostly 5 types of cheese, assorted crackers and grapes or other fruit.....we love to order it for a late afternoon snack.

Sometimes the crackers are different, but we always a great variety of cheeses....

Here is a pick of one of the trays....granted it does not look that impressive but it sure tasted good..especially with a nice glass of wine!!!

As you can see...this platter actually had 6 types of cheese plus some walnuts in addition to the grapes.... :thumbsup2

AllHandOnDeck.jpg

x
x

mmouse37 said:
WE have ordered it literally a dozen or so times and it always had at least 4 but mostly 5 types of cheese, assorted crackers and grapes or other fruit.....we love to order it for a late afternoon snack.

Sometimes the crackers are different, but we always a great variety of cheeses....

Here is a pick of one of the trays....granted it does not look that impressive but it sure tasted good..especially with a nice glass of wine!!!

As you can see...this platter actually had 6 types of cheese plus some walnuts in addition to the grapes.... :thumbsup2

AllHandOnDeck.jpg

x
x

Now, if you take out about three of the cheeses, about half the crackers and the nuts, you'd be looking at the platter we had in Feb. We've had that lovely full cheese plate that is in the pic before, it just isn't looking like that anymore.....regardless, it is still a good snack to have while getting ready for dinner....

The chocolate chip cookies from room service were duds in comparison to what you get on CC. CC spoils a person. HOWEVER, the oatmeal cookies from room service are excellent!

Ok, the pic posted above of the cheese tray? Not at all what we got!

We were given the pale club crackers and three pieces of swiss one afternoon. Another afternoon they added some bleu cheese. But otherwise, it was just Club crackers and swiss.

A travel mate ordered the same tray and also got the swiss and bleu.

Maybe they were out of other cheeses or maybe they are cutting back to save costs.

It was a very minor flaw. A few crackers with some swiss was enough to carry us until our late seating dinner.

mmouse37 said:

Wow! That would have been impressive. Perhaps it was a bad week but our cheese trays looks absolutely nothing like that. I was on the wonder with the Yfamily and I totally agree with her. It was swiss, club crackers and grapes. Gosh, I can see why people love the cheese tray from that picture but it wasnt what we received.

We also got the cheese plate on three cruises, pictured as mmouse37's version. Room service even asked us for how many people, we said 6, and it was huge. Adults ate this and the kids got pizza. Different types of crackers, cheese, lots of fruit and cups of nuts. It had even been "de-listed" on the menu on one cruise, but the people on the phone knew we wanted the All Hands on Deck. I hope they bring it back in the original form. We looked forward to this with our wine while getting ready for dinner.

Carla

Our solution was to tell the CM what we wanted when we ordered the platter. We were quite pleased with it. It's been lovely on all three cruises we have taken. :)

I agree with Miss Jasmine.....I hate blu cheese - and don't want it even touching my other cheeses, so I ask them to leave it off and go heavier on the cheddar/gouda if they can. I've always asked - if they are able - and they always have been. I find if I expect nothing I tend to be either satisfied or impressed. These boards can give you a hightened expectation, not to mention the ability to know every single detail of your trip before it even happens LOL, so I make a conscious effort not to set my sights too high..that way when the Magic does happen, as it often does, I am even more grateful for my trip on DCL. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter