The CCS Virtual Scrapbook! Will unstick on 4/30/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
two more from our DCL cruise port of Mazatlan. The brads say bakery and museum.

mexmz9.jpg

mexmz9a.jpg

Thanks pixie dust 112!!!!!

They're all done digitally :thumbsup2

Here's a couple more :thumbsup2

Pacific Wharf in DCA
DLx.jpg

Meeting Pluto at DL
DLy.jpg

Wow Suzann I love the way you put the frames on part of the picture and made teh rest b&w - that's a great effect.

Your pages are fantastic but the Pluto page takes the cake. FANTASTIC way to focus our attention on everyone's faces.

Thanks everyone!!!! :goodvibes

I did it in photoshop... you just make a duplicate layer of your picture, desaturate it, then put it under the orginial. now on the original one (color) you 'erase' the part that you don't want. Then to finish it off, I also blurred the black and white picture a bit as well to draw more attention to the color part. Hope this all makes sense :)

I'll add more pages in a couple days... :cool1:

subscribing! You guys ROCK! I was just searching with Google last night for inspiration for the cover of my kids' autograph book. I will definitely go through all these pages tonight and be sure to share back!

Thanks for the AWESOME thread MeanLaureen!

Suzann said:
Thanks everyone!!!! :goodvibes

I did it in photoshop... you just make a duplicate layer of your picture, desaturate it, then put it under the orginial. now on the original one (color) you 'erase' the part that you don't want. Then to finish it off, I also blurred the black and white picture a bit as well to draw more attention to the color part. Hope this all makes sense :)

I'll add more pages in a couple days... :cool1:

That is AWESOME! I don't have Photoshop, but I can probably figure out how to do it in the program I use. How did you add Pluto's signature? Is it a graphic or font? And did you print it on the sheet, or print it and cut it out?

Hi everyone !!
I am a complete newbie to this board, amd I have to say I have beem absolutely blown away by some of the pages I have viewed you should all be very proud of yourselves.
I am very interested in scrapping and bought a starter kit from WDW last year,
I realise that a lot of what goes into producing such astounding work is a good sense of creative ideas but I was wondering were you get all the different font prints from. Like I said might be a completely daft question but I am a complete novice who wants to unleash all my ideas into a scrap book!

I am really interested in digital scrapbooking and have just signed up for an Adobe photoshop CS2 course - Would this benefit me in any way?

Thanx in advance for any advice you can give me :wave2:

grahamsgirl said:
Hi everyone !!
I am a complete newbie to this board, amd I have to say I have beem absolutely blown away by some of the pages I have viewed you should all be very proud of yourselves.
I am very interested in scrapping and bought a starter kit from WDW last year,
I realise that a lot of what goes into producing such astounding work is a good sense of creative ideas but I was wondering were you get all the different font prints from. Like I said might be a completely daft question but I am a complete novice who wants to unleash all my ideas into a scrap book!

I am really interested in digital scrapbooking and have just signed up for an Adobe photoshop CS2 course - Would this benefit me in any way?

Thanx in advance for any advice you can give me :wave2:

Hi, I'm new to the board as well. I'm still figuring out the acronyms! ha ha.
But I have only been scrapping for about a year. BUT, I have been doing web pages and graphics for a long time, as a hobby. And yes, the fonts are great, and a Photoshop class will help you A LOT!!!!!! Photoshop is a VERY powerful program, but takes a while to learn to use some of the advanced features. But once you learn, you will be able to create some outstanding work. I have never learned to use Photoshop. But really want to. I use PhotoImpact. It's a lot less expensive and much easier to use. But, it is not nearly as robust as Photoshop.

As for the fonts. There are tons of free fonts on the Internet. That's where I get mine from. Just do a google or yahoo search on Free Fonts and tons of stuff will come up. Then, you just have to sift through them and find the ones you like. Once you download them, you'll need to make sure they are installed in your Font folder in Windows. Then any program you open, Word, Photoshop, what ever, the font will be there for you to use.
I made the below using only fonts I downloaded. One is Walt Disney Script and the other is Floralies.
examplefontspic.jpg

I love the font you used for Ohana! Do you remember where you got it from?

I can't wait til I finish my DCL cruise book so I can start on my DL Halloween pics and Bats Day pics! Here's more Mazatlan.

mexmz9b.jpg

mexmz9c.jpg

pppiglet said:
I can't wait til I finish my DCL cruise book so I can start on my DL Halloween pics and Bats Day pics! Here's more Mazatlan.

mexmz9b.jpg

mexmz9c.jpg

pppiglet...hope that's not one of your relatives in the bottom pics! WOuldn't want to get on your bad side! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

jenr812 said:
I love the font you used for Ohana! Do you remember where you got it from?

Yes, I sure do!
http://www.321fonts.com/freefonts/floralies.htm
I use this site a lot. But, you can also just search on Free Fonts in yahoo or google and TONS of sites come up. You just have to search through them and find what you like. You can also do a yahoo or google search on something like "Free Disney Font" and it will come up that way too, if you know the name of the specific font you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter