• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The cases are down.......................

madmouse

Ears on,Brain off!!!!!!!!
Hi guys!!!!!!
My suitcases have now come down out of the loft and are ready for packing!!!!!
Have already done a trial pack,but DH has threatened to put them back in the loft if I cant control myself!
Have found loads of memorabilia from our trip in Feb in the case,cant wait to go now.
Who else will be at the world from Sept 14-29th???
Look out for my lime green ribbon and leopard print mickey ears!!!

Sarah.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :p :jester:

ROFLMBO!!! If my DH didn't work so many hours that keep him away from the house, I'm sure he'd threaten the same thing to me! LOL We leave the 14th, too, and this is the latest I've ever started packing. I'm usually all packed by now with the cases in the corner of the bedroom waiting to be put in the truck.

I'll be keeping a lookout for lime green ribbons, too! Maybe we'll see each other! Have a great trip!

Good luck with the packing, and have a great trip! The anticipation can be a killer.

No why on earth did your WDW memorabilia stay in the suitcase for 7 months????? That should have been the FIRST stuff that came OUT of your suitcase when you got back...who needs tooth paste and other silly things???:eek: :eek:

Have a great time. We leave in a little less than three weeks and I can't pack in advance at all cuz the kids don't have a clue. I'm sure they are wonderin' why mom is acting a little more nutty than ever though.

Luvin DVC,

Laura

We will be arriving the day you leave Sarah. My suitcases are in the cellar waiting oh so patiently to be taken out. I can never pack early. I am a last minute packer. I will start in about a week making a list and then the night before bring 95% of my belongings into the dining room where I will then whittle down the pile until I am only bringing a reasonable :rolleyes: amount of belongings. Oh well, I can if I want to!! :)

Have a great trip!

I call it WDW shrapnel (sp)... in our case it's the airport luggage tags, the Epcot passports, the kid name tags, the maps, the walkie talkies... I can see it in my mind's eye right now! And, like you it is always left in the bottom of the cases.

I will be over on your side of the ditch for some of those days. Very much looking forward to my first, and hopefully not last, trip to England.

Have a great vacation!!!
Sue

You 4 days ahead of me, but I am dying to start packing NOW!!!

DH and I will be at BWV 19th-22nd......... Where are you staying????

I have my lime green ribbons all ready to go. I wear mine on the back of my purse strap, high up near my shoulder. In May I met a Dis'er in line at Dumbo! :bounce:
BTW I, too always have some misc Disney stuff in my suitcase.... :teeth:

Originally posted by Lyndarella
Please explain about the lime green ribbons...

The Lime green ribbons are something the Dis'rs came up with to ID each other at WDW..... I bought the ribbon in the gift wrapping section at the grocrey store.

You attach it to something your wearing in hopes that a fellow Dis'er will spot ya! It is a hoot!

All DH's must be the same about the suitcases. Mine was putting stuff in the attic and I said, "I guess it's too early to get the suitcases down." He said, "YES!" So they are still up there. I was only trying to save him from another trip up there!
I do 'pack' in my head alot!!

I don't know how you can hold off for so long. I don't go until July and I have already bought some new summer things and guess what - yep they are packed. I have also started a secret suitcase in the basement for laundry tablets, dryer sheets, etc. I even got my husband to put some of his new summer things aside!!! Boy the wait is a killer so I need something to make me feel closer.

jcanary -Oh, I didn't know that kind of packing was included! I've got three plastic tubs with lids on them already started - one for kitchen/laundry soapy things, one that has things I don't want to forget (camera, film, etc.), and one for bath soapy things. These have been started for several weeks now. It makes me feel like I've done something to get ready, not that it takes any motivation at all!!

Hope everyone enjoys their stays at WDW as much as DH and I do.

:p :p :p :p :p

LOL! You are packing a little late if you ask me! Our trip isn't until January, and I am already contemplating what we will take!

WE'll be at the World 9/14 - 9/27/02!! BWV and then BCV.

I laughed when I saw this thread. I spent all morning (before work) and part of last night folding laundry and going through clothes storage boxes picking out clothes to pack for me, dh, and my 2 dd's! I started packing toiletries last week.

I have clothes laid out ALL over my bed and in ziplock bags on my bedroom chair. All waiting for me to sort out and pack tonight after work. I need to see how much stuff we are lugging before getting out our luggage. With 2 car seats, 2 strollers, and a lap top to lug with us, I am desperately trying to pack lightly. We'll see how that goes... :rolleyes: I found sooo many cute outfits that DD #1 outgrew, that should fit DD #2 now.

I can never pack too early 'cause then none of us would have any nice clothes to wear! I have to wait until my last load of laundry before our trip before packing. Then we get to wear the closet "rejects" for the rest of the week before we leave! :jester:

I want to FINISH packing earlier this trip instead of staying up until 2 or 3 AM the night before as usual. This way I can concentrate on catching up on the backlog of work at the office and cleaning my home before we leave.

Nothing worse then coming home from vacation (& our nice clean DVC resort room) back to a messy home and a ton of work at the office (stuftf that accumulated while away PLUS stuff that got left undone before leaving). We usually straighten up quickly before heading out the door and I usually clear my desk before leaving work. But wouldn't it be nice to actually clean before leaving and actually clear all my work and not just my desk this time? I can only dream...:p

See you all down there... Hmmm, no lime green ribbon anywhere in the house...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter