The captain just cancelled castaway cay

Hi, where did you see the announcement? We're gonna be on the Nov 1 cruise on the Dream and is wondering will CC be cancelled for us too?

We are on the Dream cruise sailing today and we received an email from DCL yesterday at 1:30pm notifying us of the itinerary change.

You will never know for sure whether or not your cruise will make Castaway Cay until you get there!

Wendy&Grumpy said:
We are on the Dream cruise sailing today and we received an email from DCL yesterday at 1:30pm notifying us of the itinerary change.

You will never know for sure whether or not your cruise will make Castaway Cay until you get there!

If there is hurricane damage at castaway all stops at castaway will be cancelled till repairs are made they did this the last time a hurricane hit the bahamas

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So hypothetically speaking, what recourse do you have if there is a schedule change, high wind warnings, hurricane warnings etc. With travel insurance could you cancel and reschedule? Just wondering as I know CC seems to be the big draw for some on a Disney Cruise.

None. The captain has the right to decide whether or not the ship is able to dock. If it can't dock, there's no compensation. Not sure how you could canel or reschedule when they sometimes don't know whether they'll be able to dock or not until the last minute. I also am not sure that travel insurance will cover this as per the cruise contract you are not guaranteed to be able to dock or to visit any specific port, nor will it cover cancelling because you are worried that it might happen.

I was on three cruises that missed CC. The first one was in 2003, ship unable to dock due to winds and high seas. There were screaming people at Guest Services demanding their money back. Not sure if they got it but I imagine they didn't. Didn't see the same behavior on the other two cruises.

I am not sure who wants to stop at CC during a hurricane anyway. I remember reading about when the Magic got stuck there in a wind and rainstorm, and some people were upset because they weren't allowed to get off the ship. How much fun is the place in a storm?

TDC Nala said:
I am not sure who wants to stop at CC during a hurricane anyway. I remember reading about when the Magic got stuck there in a wind and rainstorm, and some people were upset because they weren't allowed to get off the ship. How much fun is the place in a storm?

Not very. We were there when the Magic was still doing 3/4 and it was overcast and windy in Jan. It was like being sandblasted walking along the concrete walkways.

We are going out on the 28th on the Dream. We booked a day at Atlantis. If the Ship does not go to Nassau or CC do we still get charged for those booked excursions?

Hi, where did you see the announcement? We're gonna be on the Nov 1 cruise on the Dream and is wondering will CC be cancelled for us too?

Keep checking the DCL web site for updates. You should also receive an e-mail if there's a change. Assuming you haven't already left home and your computer.

DCL is very quick to "rehab" the island after a major storm. Here's hoping anyway. We're on the Fantasy scheduled to visit CC Nov. 2.

We are going out on the 28th on the Dream. We booked a day at Atlantis. If the Ship does not go to Nassau or CC do we still get charged for those booked excursions?

You will not be charged for any excursions you booked through DCL. Privately booked excursions may be another matter. If you booked a private excursion, make sure you know the provider's policy.

Winds, any reason the captain thinks it's unsafe to dock at CC, it's cancelled or rescheduled[ on longer trips].
It doesn't only happen during hurricane season. Better to be safe than sorry.:goodvibes

Winds, any reason the captain thinks it's unsafe to dock at CC, it's cancelled or rescheduled[ on longer trips].
It doesn't only happen during hurricane season. Better to be safe than sorry.:goodvibes

Yep, we almost couldn't dock on our April 2011 cruise because of the winds. It took the captain three tries to get the Dream docked. And even then, it was windy the whole day and the water was really choppy. All excursions were cancelled because of it.

My DS did not enjoy it at all and my mom ended up taking him back to the ship after just a couple of hours.

Luckily we were doing a B2B and our second visit to CC was perfect. Beautiful weather and calm water. Just night and day from the first visit.

Thank goodness we had a do-over. I can understand the disappointment at having to miss it.

You will not be charged for any excursions you booked through DCL. Privately booked excursions may be another matter. If you booked a private excursion, make sure you know the provider's policy.

Nope we are good we booke them all through DCL. If we just spend 4 days at sea I guess there would be worse things. Thanks.. Good Luck everyone.

Bummer for missing it, but I'm with everyone else, be safe and ENJOY THE SHIP! That's the vacation, no cell phones, no work, just sit back and have fun!

CruznLexi said:
Just off Dream they evacuated CC after we left. With hopes to be back next week.

This brings up a good point...people live and work on the island. When CC is cancelled or evacuated, it's for their safety too! Is my vacation more important than their well being? I will keep this in mind if our CC day is affected in the next few days!

As of earlier today, Castaway Cay is cancelled for the 10/25 sailing for the Dream as well.

I am SO sad about this as I secretly trained to run the CC5K with my family, and even made T-shirts saying "Mom's First 5K" and now it's not going to happen. :sad1:

I wonder if they've ever done a 5K on deck 4??:confused3

Oh no! I've been following you on another thread. You inspired me and I started the c25k yesterday! My cruise is exactly 9 weeks away. I hope you get your run on board!! :cheer2:

Think we will be ok to leave port canaveral on Sunday?

There's no advisories on the web site at the current time. The Fantasy had to skip CC today, but no mention of either the Dream or the Fantasy not being able to get into port this weekend to change passengers. We're scheduled to leave on the Fantasy on Saturday, so here's hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter