• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The captain just cancelled castaway cay

Favorite Auntie

<font color=red>8 Disney nieces & nephews!<br><fon
They just made the announcement. Because of the hurricane no CC for us. I would rather a nice safe day at sea than a rainy windy day at CC.

They just made the announcement. Because of the hurricane no CC for us. I would rather a nice safe day at sea than a rainy windy day at CC.

That's the attitude to have! We missed CC on our last cruise, the Panama Canal cruise in Jan. 2011. While disappointed, we had a great day at sea! I'm sure you will too. Enjoy your cruise :-)

My Mom and Dad are on the 10/20 Fantasy cruise as well. I know they will be disappointed and feel somewhat jinxed. They sailed on the Magic in February 2010 when the winds kept it from leaving CC (or enjoying the island). Their next cruise which is supposed to include CC is the Dream on 8/4/13, so if they are a jinx, you have been warned! -- Suzanne

That's the attitude to have! We missed CC on our last cruise, the Panama Canal cruise in Jan. 2011. While disappointed, we had a great day at sea! I'm sure you will too. Enjoy your cruise :-)

DW and I were on the same cruise. It was a bummer that with all the attempts that the captain made, he just couldn't make it happen. The wind was really howling and it was impressive watching the waves crashing against the break water at CC.

We also had a great time with the day at sea. The CM came up with plenty of other things to do during that day.

So hypothetically speaking, what recourse do you have if there is a schedule change, high wind warnings, hurricane warnings etc. With travel insurance could you cancel and reschedule? Just wondering as I know CC seems to be the big draw for some on a Disney Cruise.

So hypothetically speaking, what recourse do you have if there is a schedule change, high wind warnings, hurricane warnings etc. With travel insurance could you cancel and reschedule? Just wondering as I know CC seems to be th egig draw for some on a Disney Cruise.

You have no recourse when there is a schedule change. Your contract with DCL specifically states that the line has the authority to change ports of call and routing as they see fit. As a practical matter they do not randomly make changes unless for the safety of their passengers.

Oh, I hope that doesn't happen on our January cruise. :scared1: That is one of the main reasons we are doing the cruise. The only other DCL cruise we've been on was the MR cruise on the Wonder. I understand that things happen though, so if it happens to us, we'll try to make the best of it.

This happened to us although we were able to swap our day at sea with our CC day. It worked out well and like OP said, it is very difficult to enjoy anything outside under a hurricane and 100+ MPH winds and rain.

The contract you sign actually stipulates that you don't even have to cruise on a DCL ship or actually reach any port.

As of earlier today, Castaway Cay is cancelled for the 10/25 sailing for the Dream as well.

I am SO sad about this as I secretly trained to run the CC5K with my family, and even made T-shirts saying "Mom's First 5K" and now it's not going to happen. :sad1:

I wonder if they've ever done a 5K on deck 4??:confused3

I wonder if they've ever done a 5K on deck 4??:confused3

YES! I'm pretty sure they do it. We missed CC due to medical emergencies and I swear I remember them saying the 5k would be held on the promenade deck. You may still have your race!! Good luck.

Oh, I hope that doesn't happen on our January cruise. :scared1: That is one of the main reasons we are doing the cruise. The only other DCL cruise we've been on was the MR cruise on the Wonder. I understand that things happen though, so if it happens to us, we'll try to make the best of it.

You should be ok since hurricane season will be far behind! We have sailed twice in Janurary with no problems. Snow back home but no problems on the cruise.

YES! I'm pretty sure they do it. We missed CC due to medical emergencies and I swear I remember them saying the 5k would be held on the promenade deck. You may still have your race!! Good luck.

Oh I SO hope so!!! Thank you!!!

So hypothetically speaking, what recourse do you have if there is a schedule change, high wind warnings, hurricane warnings etc. With travel insurance could you cancel and reschedule? Just wondering as I know CC seems to be the big draw for some on a Disney Cruise.
Insurance would not cover if you canceled and re-booked, unless you purchased "Cancel for any reason" coverage. If the bad weather caused you to actually miss the cruise, you would be covered, but not just because you decided you didn't want to go. Your cruise contract states that DCL has the right to change the itinerary at will, especially if it's for the safety of the passengers.

Sayhello

DL1957 said:
You should be ok since hurricane season will be far behind! We have sailed twice in Janurary with no problems. Snow back home but no problems on the cruise.

Well.....not exactly. Our first DCL cruise was on the Wonder in January 2010 and we had horrible weather on CC day and while we were able to dock, nobody could get off the ship and do anything. But let's face it, a day on the ship is still better than a day at the office!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That's what I figured as well, but then carmie3377 mentioned that their trip to CC was canceled in January.

Favorite Auntie said:

Hi, where did you see the announcement? We're gonna be on the Nov 1 cruise on the Dream and is wondering will CC be cancelled for us too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter