The Brown's AKL Adventure -Day1

S

susy

Cast:

Susy- 36, celebrating my 36th b-day at Cindy's!

Michael (DH)- 32, best husband in the world!

Marcus (DS)-4, best little boy in the world!

Labor Day Weekend-

Friday (day1)-

DH had to work this morning , so our plan was to leave around 1pm. DS and I hung out at home and rested. My mom came over to play with DS while I finished packing up.
DH was home by 12:30pm and we were on the road by 1pm.

Marcus fell asleep by 1:30 and so the ride was pretty quiet. Lots of traffic and trucks, but not too bad. We stopped at a rest stop at about 3:30 and woke DS up to go to the bathroom. We arrived at AKL at around 4:30.

Okay..... this place literally takes your breath away when you first see it! I had seen dozen of pictures and watched the"Great Hotels" episode over and over, but nothing prepared me for what I was about to experience. As soon as you get out of the car.... the sounds (music) and smells (hard to describe) just take over. We were met right away by a bellman who loaded up our luggage and gave me a valet ticket for the car. We were off!

WOW!!!!!!! That was all I could say about this incredible lobby!!!!

There was no line for check in and the CM was wonderful and gave me so much info on the lodge. She then said that we had received a complimentary upgrade to DELUXE pool view!!!! The room had a queen bed and bunk bed and a day bed. DS ran in and kissed the bunk bed! It was a very spacious room. We had room 5404. It was right above the lobby, next to the suspension bridge. We had a very nice view of the whole pool area. Not bad for our rate of $119!!!!!

We were supposed to have a PS at Jiko at 8pm, but we were starved! I called and had it changed to 5:30. No problem!!!! We decided to go to dinner and then catch a bus to MGM.

We walked around the lodge and got to Jiko at 5:30. We were seated right away . This turned out to be the best meal of our trip.
DS had pizza and DH and I split some appetizers. We had the
crispy cinnamon beef roll, spring rolls, lobster and flat bread with olives. I had an African wine and DH had beer. Total was $75. Not bad for the quality. It is now our favorite restaurant.

We walked out to the bus stop. Now... this African music , which I LOVED, is even playing at the bus stop!!! We walked up and the bus to MGM pulled up. Perfect timing! We were walking over to Star Tours in no time. This ride was a walk on . In fact, the park was empty! Spent some time in Tatooine Traders. DS took a little longer picking out a toy this time. Now it was raining. Out came the Mickey ponchos. Walked around a bit, went into some stores and decided to head back to AKL. The bus was waiting. We got back to the lodge and walked around the Zawadi Marketplace.

DS and I got ready for bed and DH went down to Mara's. Got us some desert and a refillable mug. We hung out in the room, enjoying our view until bed time. Tomorrow....
AK and Epcot!!!

Hi Susy! I'm so glad to hear that you loved the AKL. There is just something about that resort... Even the soaps in the public restrooms there smell wonderful to me. ;)
I'm so happy to hear that you got an upgrade! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome home, Susy! Glad to hear good things about AKL. And glad to hear your DS loved the bunk beds! Looking forward to reading the rest of your reports!

We are looking forward to visiting AKL while at the world in October. We have PS for Boma dinner our first evening there!

Thanks for the report!

You are off to a great start!!!!!

We are starting off our December trip at AKL. I am really looking forward to it! Our first night meal will be at Jiko, too! I am so glad you enjoyed it - I know it will be fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter