• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Hahaha...I had to get a picture of that as soon as I saw it. Although I have no doubt that Billy Crystal's Jean Valjean would have been hilarious. :rotfl2:

I actually tried the lottery for Kinky Boots tonight, hoping the weather would ease up my chances. It wasn't that crowded...but I still lost.

I actually tried the lottery for Kinky Boots tonight, hoping the weather would ease up my chances. It wasn't that crowded...but I still lost.

I tried the lottery for the Wicked tour in Providence four times in the past week and a half and lost every time! I don't normally have such bad luck, but this has to be a record!

I tried the lottery for the Wicked tour in Providence four times in the past week and a half and lost every time! I don't normally have such bad luck, but this has to be a record!

Ugh, that stinks! I haven't had any lotto luck since I won the Wicked lottery...which was in 2004. Before that, I used to win them all the time. My luck's gotta turn around sometime!

Jane Eyre is my favorite musical. Marla Shaffel was amazing, especially when she sang the song Secret Soul. Alanis Morrisette tried so hard to keep it going, even putting up her own money.

Ugh, that stinks! I haven't had any lotto luck since I won the Wicked lottery...which was in 2004. Before that, I used to win them all the time. My luck's gotta turn around sometime!

It's funny. Wicked has been to Providence twice before, once in 2007 and again in 2009. My mother and I won the lottery both times on our first or second try, so we figured it would be an easy win this time. Nope! The theater advertised the lottery EVERYWHERE this time (on Twitter, Facbook, and in the Providence Journal daily...) and we think that's what killed our chances! I went with a friend on Thursday night and there must have been more than 100 people there. It was absolutely crazy! At least I saw the tour recently in Boston, so I am not too upset (We lost the lottery there, too! But we bought partial view seats for $45 each that turned out to be awesome, so it wasn't a bad deal at all). I haven't seen a show in awhile, so I am anxious to see something... anything, really!

It's funny. Wicked has been to Providence twice before, once in 2007 and again in 2009. My mother and I won the lottery both times on our first or second try, so we figured it would be an easy win this time. Nope! The theater advertised the lottery EVERYWHERE this time (on Twitter, Facbook, and in the Providence Journal daily...) and we think that's what killed our chances! I went with a friend on Thursday night and there must have been more than 100 people there. It was absolutely crazy! At least I saw the tour recently in Boston, so I am not too upset (We lost the lottery there, too! But we bought partial view seats for $45 each that turned out to be awesome, so it wasn't a bad deal at all). I haven't seen a show in awhile, so I am anxious to see something... anything, really!

I won the lotto for Wicked in NY, and there were at least 200 people there for that day's matinee. It was crazy. I was the last name they called, so it was pretty cool. I haven't seen it since then, I'd love to see that again.

With Kinky Boots, I'd been hearing that since it's January and the weather was bad, they've had a lot of extra lotto seats, so just about everyone who's been showing up recently have been winning. So I thought my chances were decent. But they didn't add any extra tickets last night, and I didn't win. Bummer!

I haven't been to a show since April, so I really need to catch up on some shows...

So excited!

I love "Chicago". We are seeing it in February.

Guess who will be play Mama?

Bebe Neuwirth.

She's done Velma, she's done Roxie. And for 6 weeks this winter she'll be Mama.

Hey, that's great news!! I haven't heard this yet. Enjoyed Bebe Neuwirth in Damn Yankees, Chicago (Velma), and The Addams Family. Might be time to see Chicago again.

Jim

We saw Cuff Me this past weekend- very very funny show! Had a great time then a great dinner at Tony DiNappolis. This Saturday we are going to see Lion King on Broadway and then seeing Gypsy at a local playhouse on Sunday.

My lottery-losing streak is finally over. I won the Kinky Boots lottery tonight!! :cool1:

I loved it! It was so much fun. Billy Porter was amazing. And I'm glad I got to see it before Stark Sands leaves (I think his last show is next week).

But it was awesome. I think I'm going to try and finally see Pippin next. :thumbsup2

Been lurking on this thread for a while, and finally decided to jump in!

I'm seeing Book of Mormon in a few weeks and we just purchased our first set of Broadway in Atlanta season tickets. It includes The Little Mermaid, Phantom of the Opera, Dirty Dancing, Pippin, Newsies and Motown the Musical.

My 16 year old daughter does musical theater in high school in an award winning program. Honestly, I'm blown away every time they perform. They are beginning rehearsals for their main show of the year, Tale of Two Cities. They did Hands on A Hardbody in the fall, and won 2nd place in the state. It was amazing.

My 12 year old has just begun theater and is in her school's performance of Music Man, Jr. in a few weeks.

My husband and I are having as much fun as they are! In fact we are off to the school today to do set build (him) and props and costumes (me).

Loving all the Broadway talk folks!

Not happy right now. We were supposed to see Matilda tonight. but we are expecting a foot of snow here on Long Island, so no way are we venturing into the city. Not sure if we will be able to exchange the tickets -- we didn't buy the tickets, they're house seats and we won them at a charitable event. Very disappointed.

...maybe try caling ticketmaster or telecharge whomever handles the tickets to that show. Its worth a try!

...maybe try caling ticketmaster or telecharge whomever handles the tickets to that show. Its worth a try!

Tickets did not come from Ticketmaster or Telecharge. they are house seats, owned by the producers. We don't have the tickets in hand, we have to claim them at the box office the night of the show.

We will try calling the box office and see if they can help, but I am not hopeful.

Not happy right now. We were supposed to see Matilda tonight. but we are expecting a foot of snow here on Long Island, so no way are we venturing into the city. Not sure if we will be able to exchange the tickets -- we didn't buy the tickets, they're house seats and we won them at a charitable event. Very disappointed.
Something similar happened to me a few years ago. There was a huge snow and the mayor told everyone to stay home. We had no issues exchanging the tickets for another night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter