The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Did anyone see the off Broadway revival of Carrie the Musical with Marrin Mazzie??? ::woohoo: I so hope they end up doing a cast recording. I :love: that show!

Hopefully he will be on next week :confused3 I'm so anxious to see him, did you know he and his wife Aspen are expecting a baby girl in April? I so want him to win!

yes, I was looking for an article that might mention what night he will be on (no luck), when I saw a mention of that.

I can't believe they teased it on Sunday, and then no more mention....watch them put him on last and make us wait.......:)

yes, I was looking for an article that might mention what night he will be on (no luck), when I saw a mention of that.

I can't believe they teased it on Sunday, and then no more mention....watch them put him on last and make us wait.......:)

He gave me a thrill today, I tweeted him and he answered me!! :cloud9:

I have only seen Wicked and Moving Out. Wicked was amazing!! Can't wait to go back and see it again!

I got free tix to see Mary Poppins and I was so pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. I loved all the muscial numbers, the cast was great, especially the kids. I'd go see it again!

That's great to hear! My young friend, Kara, rotates with two others as Jane Banks. :thumbsup2 How did you get free tickets?? YAY for you!!

Surprised the DBF with tickets to see Shatner's World on Broadway! And being the wonderful girlfriend I am-- we're going on opening night, Valentine's Day! He's the real Trekkie but I'm pretty excited, too!

Here's some new Les Mis movie news - there's going to be a new song!

Hugh Jackman posted about it on Twitter yesterday: https://twitter.com/#!/RealHughJackman/status/166993412275453952/photo/1

Now Playbill has the details - it's going to be a new song for Jean Valjean called "Suddenly", and it's going to be about what happens right after Valjean adopts Cosette. Aww.

The whole article is here - he also said they're going to be singing live, which should be interesting:

http://www.playbill.com/news/articl...d-Live-Singing-Cameron-Mackintosh-Reveals-All

Can't wait!! :yay:

don't know if this has been posted here before, but Tony Vincent (Rent, JCS, American Idiot) is trying out for "The Voice" - I believe he will be on tonight.:)
I also thought I would add that Chris Mann (who tried out on Sunday and is on Team Christina I believe) has been on shows like Glee (as a warbler) and opened for Idina Menzel on one of her tours.

I also thought I would add that Chris Mann (who tried out on Sunday and is on Team Christina I believe) has been on shows like Glee (as a warbler) and opened for Idina Menzel on one of her tours.

is he the one that did opera?

will watch for him as they get into the competition.

he looks too old for a Warbler, though! - but there he is in a pic on his site!!! LOL!

A friend of a friend works at one of the box offices and I guess gets free tix sometimes. She got us Spidey tix as well. In fact I saw that one twice, before and after they made all the changes. I wish I had someone to hook me up all the time. I love going to see shows! Since I work int he city I do try for lotteries as well and have been pretty lucky with them but have struck out with Book of Mormon so far.

WOW...how did ya get FREE tickets? Would love some of those!!:goodvibes

I saw Les Miserables Friday night. LOVED. IT. I had never seen the original version so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was fantastic. I highly recommend it...today are the last performances in Tampa and then its moving on.

Does anyone know if there is a CD available for the American touring company? I should have checked when I went but I didn't, and all I can find online is the British version.

I went and saw West Side Story last night. It was really good. I have always found it to be an odd musical because it has beautiful music and incredible dancing and a terrific story but the dancing always seemed out of place to me but seeing it live I kind of forgot how ridiculous is for them to be dancing after someone has been killed for example. In this newer version they have added a lot more spanish which makes total sense but then again I didn't understand a lot of what the Sharks were saying. Overall though it really was a fabulous show.

I saw Les Miserables Friday night. LOVED. IT. I had never seen the original version so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was fantastic. I highly recommend it...today are the last performances in Tampa and then its moving on.

Does anyone know if there is a CD available for the American touring company? I should have checked when I went but I didn't, and all I can find online is the British version.

There's no recording of the touring company that I know of, but there is a recording of the original Broadway cast. There are also recordings of the 25th Anniversary concert, and there's a 3-disc complete symphonic recording of the entire original show (which has a lot of stuff that has since been cut).

There are ton of Les Mis recordings, but those are probably the most popular ones. The concert videos (the 10th and 25th anniversary) are pretty great too.

We saw it in Tampa the week before last and while we thought it was well done, it was just not for us. We didn't know what was going on and it was SOOOO long that we ended up leaving at intermission.

There's no recording of the touring company that I know of, but there is a recording of the original Broadway cast. There are also recordings of the 25th Anniversary concert, and there's a 3-disc complete symphonic recording of the entire original show (which has a lot of stuff that has since been cut).

There are ton of Les Mis recordings, but those are probably the most popular ones. The concert videos (the 10th and 25th anniversary) are pretty great too.

Thank you for the reply. I have seen those other recordings but I wasn't sure if the American touring company was available. It's no problem if it's not-I'll get one of the other ones.

I have the 25th anniversary concert DVD and really enjoy it. :)

Just bought my American Idiot ticket for the Paramount in Seattle.
June 9th.

DH and I agreed that we wouldn't buy tickets, but I really think we would regret not seeing this show. DS and I have been looking forward to seeing it for over a year now.

So, I bought the cheapest seats I could get - 3rd Mezzanine. Total was $110.50, after all fees and taxes. It looks like tickets are really selling out quickly (at least for the matinee showings - which is what we would need to go to) so I know I would regret not getting them right now. They just went on sale a couple of days ago.

Now, to break the news to DH. Wish me luck!!

Just bought my American Idiot ticket for the Paramount in Seattle.
June 9th.

DH and I agreed that we wouldn't buy tickets, but I really think we would regret not seeing this show. DS and I have been looking forward to seeing it for over a year now.

So, I bought the cheapest seats I could get - 3rd Mezzanine. Total was $110.50, after all fees and taxes. It looks like tickets are really selling out quickly (at least for the matinee showings - which is what we would need to go to) so I know I would regret not getting them right now. They just went on sale a couple of days ago.

Now, to break the news to DH. Wish me luck!!

Well if he doesn't want to go I will gladly take his place. I'm nice like that.

:lmao:

Spiderman is STILL having technical difficulties?? We saw it in previews in December of 2010, thought they would have it figured out by now :sad2:

I'm going to see Anything Goes on Sunday; so excited to see Sutton Foster again, she is the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter