The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

I loved the on-stage sound guy!!

Dan Lauria? Do you remember him - he was the father on the Wonder Years.

I'm making this my Christmas card this year: :lmao:

pjxmas.jpg

Dan Lauria? Do you remember him - he was the father on the Wonder Years.

I'm making this my Christmas card this year: :lmao:

pjxmas.jpg

Well I meant the fact that there was an on-stage sound guy... like an old radio show. Actually... I saw it in Tampa so it wasn't the dad from the Wonder Years... but I do remember that guy and it would've been COOL!

Saw Sister Act today in Tampa. OMG it was great! Was hoping we'd hate it so we could leave at intermission (side seats = uncomfortable plus I was very tired) but it was sensational. The touring company was amazing!

I saw the touring company of "War Horse" last night and going into it I wasn't sure I would like it because I am used to seeing musicals and even though I had heard how good it is I didn't know if I would like it. But I am happy to say I loved it. The set and puppetry was amazing. I personally love the time period it is set in and I love that they incorporate a but if music in with the songman who sings songs that sound like they would be at home in a pub. I would definitely recommend this show, it is great!

That is in our season so we will be going!! I hope I like it but I don't usually watch things about war

Good to know about War Horse, it's the last show of our season in June.

We saw Catch Me If You Can Today, it was really good.

elgerber said:
Good to know about War Horse, it's the last show of our season in June.

We saw Catch Me If You Can Today, it was really good.

Oh I'm so jealous. I was really hoping Catch me if you can would come here but not this season. I've listened to the soundtrack so many times.

Catch Me If You Can came nearby but not to the theatre we subscribe to. Money and logistics made it not happen for us :(

We saw Sister Act a couple weeks ago and I LOVED it!!! I had to exchange our tickets for another night because we were on vacation... and we ended up on the side which was annoying... but it was SO MUCH FUN! I was kinda hoping I wouldn't like it because the side was so uncomfortable, but I *had* to stay. Now I have the soundtrack and have to try not to chair dance too much with it on at work :)

We also saw Mary Poppins again last weekend... and it was fantastic again! I've officially declared it my favorite show. Only thing is... Mary didn't fly out over the audience this time... just in the back of the stage. Oh well...

Really struck me all the comments on one page about not expecting to like something & then finding out the show was awesome after seeing it. I've heard time and time, and time again, how great Sister Act is & I just am not interested in the least. Starting to wonder if I'm missing something afterall.

Just to clear it up, you have a cast recording, not a soundtrack.

Hah - yup!! itunes labels it as a soundtrack and that's the genre I have to go to to find it so I tend to call it that :)

Really struck me all the comments on one page about not expecting to like something & then finding out the show was awesome after seeing it. I've heard time and time, and time again, how great Sister Act is & I just am not interested in the least. Starting to wonder if I'm missing something afterall.

Yes that definitely happens sometimes. My husband wasn't wanting to see Jersey Boys very much and we both loved it. I was against Young Frankenstein and loved that.

However... I didn't want to see Wicked but got tix bcz of all the raves... and still didn't care for it. A couple of the songs I liked but I hated the whole premise and a lot of the scenes.

Dreamgirls we both dreaded but it was part of our season so we went hoping we'd like it. We loathed it.

It can go either way!

Yoohoo. Off to see Les Miz on stage. It's in Philly so I'm going to see it tonight.

Enjoy! We saw this same company a few months ago - it is a fantastic show!

I've been following Andrew Varela, the actor who plays Javert, on Twitter. He has been tweeting that the cast has been hit by illness really bad. They've had to recruit former cast members from NYC, and used their stage manager as an extra!

Yoohoo. Off to see Les Miz on stage. It's in Philly so I'm going to see it tonight.

It will be interesting to hear your reacting to seeing the stage musical again, after seeing the movie. After seeing the movie, I had to watch some of the Colm Wilkinson clips on Youtube again. :love: Then, everything was set back into order in my Les Mis world. :lmao:

Enjoy! We saw this same company a few months ago - it is a fantastic show!

I've been following Andrew Varela, the actor who plays Javert, on Twitter. He has been tweeting that the cast has been hit by illness really bad. They've had to recruit former cast members from NYC, and used their stage manager as an extra!

Eeps! That's kind of like when the real plague went around wiping out people in France during that time! :crazy2:

Has anyone seen Jessica Chastain in The Heiress? I have walked by the theatre a couple times and didn't know who she was, until I saw Zero Dark Thirty, which I loved. :thumbsup2 Then I realized who she is. :idea: Is The Heiress, the same as the old Olivia de Havilland film? I know there was also an old play based on the same as the movie. I don't think I'd be that interested in seeing the show if it is. But, I'd like to know how Jessica Chastain is in it.

Glass slippers are so back.

Anyone else looking forward to Cinderella on Broadway? We have tickets for next month. Seeing it in previews. I am very excited.

Lorelei Lee said:
Glass slippers are so back.

Anyone else looking forward to Cinderella on Broadway? We have tickets for next month. Seeing it in previews. I am very excited.

I hope it's good but I've found the stories I know the most aren't the best shows

Any news or thoughts about the upcoming Cinderella on Broadway? We watched the one scene in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and I thought it might bring me to NYC!! Cinderella is my fave Disney story.

it's got a new book and they have added a few additional Rodgers and Hamnerstein songs.

We have tickets for 2/7. I will gladly post a review. Glass slippers are so back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter