The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

I just got myself a new car so I have Sirius XM free for 3 months. Been listening to the Broadway station non-stop! It will be very hard to not pay for it once the free trial runs out... What do you all listen to in the car?

I just got myself a new car so I have Sirius XM free for 3 months. Been listening to the Broadway station non-stop! It will be very hard to not pay for it once the free trial runs out... What do you all listen to in the car?

DD loved it SO much that we continued the subscription for her as a gift. She listens to NOTHING ELSE! party:

The Broadway Channel is pretty much the only Sirius XM Channel that I listen to in the car. When I bought my new to me car, having the Sirius XM capability was one of the prerequisites.

We dumped Sirius after our trial, we have Spotify so no need for Sirius...this way WE pick the album to listen to int eh car...Hamilton has been on heavy rotation, but a couple days ago I pulled up The Drowsy Chaperone since it had been awhile since listening last time...and Avenue Q last month.

Have a great trip!

I caught the matinee of Phantom this past saturday, and was very disappointed in the performances of the leads. Great voices, but the acting was non-existent. I'm hoping I just caught them on an off-day. Otherwise, the show looks great!

Saw WAITRESS Saturday night - I LOVED IT. Jessie Mueller is giving an incredible performance. My boyfriend loved it so much he's already mentioned (a few times) that he'd like to see it again.

My daughter and I saw On Your Feet this week and LOVED it! We didn't really think we would like it but had been given two tickets so figured what the heck we would go- but it was AWESOME! My daughter is still singing songs from the show!

Have a great trip!

I caught the matinee of Phantom this past saturday, and was very disappointed in the performances of the leads. Great voices, but the acting was non-existent. I'm hoping I just caught them on an off-day. Otherwise, the show looks great!

Saw WAITRESS Saturday night - I LOVED IT. Jessie Mueller is giving an incredible performance. My boyfriend loved it so much he's already mentioned (a few times) that he'd like to see it again.

I ended up seeing Waitress twice. The first time Jessie was out, and I liked the show but didn't love it. But my daughter really wanted to see it, so I went back. The second time Jessie was in, and I loved it. She's amazing, and the whole thing just seemed tighter on that second viewing. It's a great show with a beautiful score.

Okay people! Off to NYC in the am!!!! Can hardly contain my excitement. I'm just a simple west coast Canadian girl. 5 shows booked... Something Rotten, Curious Incident..., Phantom, The Humans and Spamilton (I couldn't afford a kidney for Hamilton.) Will pick up something else while down there. :cool1:
Enjoy! Hope you love it all! (We're following you in eight days!)

Took advantage of the broadway week discounts and bought tickets to Wicked for my boyfriend's birthday. Got third row center Mezz. It'll be my third time seeing the show, and I've never seen the show from upstairs. Anyone have any insight as to view from up there?

Not quite broadway, but I also bought tickets to the screening of the Miss Saigon on the 22nd. Anyone else planning on seeing it in Paramus?

Took advantage of the broadway week discounts and bought tickets to Wicked for my boyfriend's birthday. Got third row center Mezz. It'll be my third time seeing the show, and I've never seen the show from upstairs. Anyone have any insight as to view from up there?

Not quite broadway, but I also bought tickets to the screening of the Miss Saigon on the 22nd. Anyone else planning on seeing it in Paramus?

The view from the Mezz is wonderful. It is further back than most Mezz but you can really see everything.

I was just at the Gershwin on Sunday and let me tell you they have gotten rediculously pushy! I had a sealed pastry (it was a fancy pop tart really) in my bag. No plan on eating it or anything and the told me I had to toss it, eat it, or check it. I saw families with bags from Hershey and M&M world having to check over packaged candy bars and stuff. Also families having to pour out sippy cups for their younger kids. Most other theaters just leave it up to honor code once they ask you not to eat it in the theater. To make matters worse in the lady's bathroom the attended was sucking her head under stall doors and telling people to hurry up! I was shocked when I saw her do it. It was very much that you felt like cattle.

I wish I could get to NYC more often. My last trip was in 2013? I saw Macbeth with Alan Cumming, The Nance, Matilda, and Pippin (the Sunday after it opened). I make do with local productions of stuff (usually at the Dallas Theater Center, which does good stuff), and tours. I just saw the tour of A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder and loooooooooooved it. I'm seeing a local production of The Toxic Avenger this weekend, and Megan Hilty with the Dallas symphony next weekend. The Dallas Theater Center is doing 2 premiers this season; Bella: An American Tall Tale, a co-production with the Public Theater, and Hood, a musical version of Robin Hood by Douglas Carter Beane.

Though, I do have a few friends who were local actors that are on Broadway right now: Brian Gonzalez and Major Attaway are both in Aladdin, and Akron Watson who is in The Color Purple. Also, my friend Cedric who is playing Berry Gordy in the London production of Motown. My friend Traci just got cast in the ensemble of the tour of Beautiful, and Tiffany Hobbes is playing Shenzi in the Lion King tour currently. I'm so proud of them all so I like to share their accomplishments whenever I can, lol.

Not quite broadway, but we caught TORUK: The First Flight last night at the Barclays center. While it was certainly impressive visually, the acts themselves were very underwhelming. World-class gymnasts and this is what they give them to do? It's the first show that has an actual storyline with dialogue, so maybe they just haven't quite figured out how to make it work. The technology was incredible, I just wish there was more of that Cirque magic - there were certainly glimpses of it. Hoping to check out Kurios soon.

Saw Holiday Inn yesterday, and it's just good old school Broadway. If you go in knowing that I think it's really enjoyable. Lots of dancing, simple plot, good singing, some good laughs, a very enjoyable afternoon IMO.

I will be seeing Holiday Inn in December. The reviews I've read of people who have seen it are so diametrically opposed. Seems people either absolutely love it or find it trite. The good thing is, even those who didn't like it almost all say Corbin Bleu is great in it. I have to admit, he's the reason I am going. I have a mom crush on him and I'm not afraid to admit it! He just seems like a wonderful, humble, hardworking, talented young man.

We saw Holiday Inn last weekend. I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely while I was watching it, and after the fact realized how thin the plot is and how one-note the characters are for the most part. Still, you don't go to an Irving Berlin musical for complex plot or character development. It was super fun. The dancing and singing are just excellent, and yes, Corbin Bleu is a bright spot. I had two 14-year-olds in tow, so we did the stage door, and Corbin Bleu was just SO lovely. He spent a good bit of time talking to each person, and he signed and took pictures. He is adorable. And VERY talented!

We saw Holiday Inn last weekend. I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely while I was watching it, and after the fact realized how thin the plot is and how one-note the characters are for the most part. Still, you don't go to an Irving Berlin musical for complex plot or character development. It was super fun. The dancing and singing are just excellent, and yes, Corbin Bleu is a bright spot. I had two 14-year-olds in tow, so we did the stage door, and Corbin Bleu was just SO lovely. He spent a good bit of time talking to each person, and he signed and took pictures. He is adorable. And VERY talented!

I agree with this review! I went this Saturday :)

So I finally saw Hamilton after getting tickets last November.

I was worried that the show was too hyped for me to enjoy it but it has to be one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Intelligent, funny and touching at times. I'd tell everyone to go see it if tickets were easily accessible.

Getting very excited about the Hello, Dolly! revival!
I love Gavin Creel, Kate Baldwin and of course, BETTE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter