The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

I just bought tickets to see Shuffle Along again on Wednesday night. I HAVE to see it again before it closes.

I'm anxious to hear about the new leads in Hamilton; as those will (Hopefully) be the leads when I finally get there in January!

I just bought tickets to see Shuffle Along again on Wednesday night. I HAVE to see it again before it closes.

I'm anxious to hear about the new leads in Hamilton; as those will (Hopefully) be the leads when I finally get there in January!

I'm going to see Hamilton in January as well :) The new Burr is Brandon Victor Dixon and I liked him in Shuffle Along. Hopefully he will be great as Burr too.

I WISH I could see it once more! I really enjoyed it. Brandon Victor Dixon actually thoroughly impressed me in Shuffle Along, and I'm pretty excited to see him as Burr in September. I know NOTHING about Lexi Lawson, and we're seeing the matinee, so we'll likely see the standby Hamilton. I would have liked to see Javier, but I'm not complaining.

I'll be there January 14th :) We're also thinking about seeing another show on Sunday since we're going to be up there the whole weekend. We may just try our hand at a bunch of lotteries again or see what's available at the half price ticket booth and make it a Broadway weekend.

Just back from a week on the Disney Fantasy and a couple days in WDW! If I can get a handle on all this LAUNDRY, I'd love to get in to see Something Rotten one more time before Christian Borle leaves!

Just back from a week on the Disney Fantasy and a couple days in WDW! If I can get a handle on all this LAUNDRY, I'd love to get in to see Something Rotten one more time before Christian Borle leaves!
Saw it last Sat afternoon...second time. So glad Christian was still there. I did miss Brian Darcy James though...saw him the first time and loved him.

Also saw Waitress, Les Mis and Aladdin. The Les Mis production was incredible. So happy I decided to go...second row, house right, up against the stage side ramp. Just incredible. Waitress was great. It was an Actors Fund performance for Aladdin. I'm not sure if that hugely impacted the audience, but I felt like I was at a football game!! People were arriving late..several arrived over 30 mins after curtain! People were getting up and down, there was a woman who decided she couldn't see so sat herself on the steps, in the aisle. It was just crazy. But, I loved the show.

I just saw this last night. Really great crowd and I was laughing almost the entire show. Glad I got to see most of the original cast before they all leave.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Daveed Diggs is leaving Hamliton too. I believe this is his last week.

I just returned from a trip to NYC with my kids, and we went to a Broadway show and saw Hamilton!

Well, we actually saw "Matilda" on Broadway and Hamilton's gravesite at Trinity Church...

"Matilda" was great! We all loved it. It was my first Broadway show in a long, long time, and my kids' first ever. It was a fun time! I'm sure most on this thread already know this, but it will end its run in January and be replaced with "Hello Dolly."

Thanks to @BrdwayBoy and @leebee for their trip planning help!

Shuffle Along was brilliant Wednesday night. It was absolutely electric and even better than it was in April. Audra was out, but Her understudy (Darlesia Cearcy) was phenomenal! Didn't have the star quality that Audra does, but her vocals were absolutely fantastic and at times she even sounded very much like Audra. I'm going to miss this one. :-(

Picked up tickets for Falsettos for October. I'm excited about to see this cast; I love Stephanie Block!

I also just returned and was thrilled to take my 14 YO DGD to see Aladdin and Finding Neverland. Honestly, it is a shame to see that FN is closing in August, it was one of my favorite shows. Aladdin was also wonderful, and I can see shy it has been so well received. I am hard pressed to say which show I enjoyed more this time, both were worth every penny. I will say that the acoustics in the Lund-Fontanne theater were lovely form our vantage point in the dead bang center of Front Mezzanine. I generally choose orchestra whenever possible but I thought these seats would be better in terms of viewing for my shortie DGD, but we got so much more than that. The voices on this cast are chilling at times, and from our seats, well...I have no words. Just amazing.

I thought the music for Aladdin was great as well, but IMO, James Monroe voice stole that show, hands down.

Shuffle Along was brilliant Wednesday night. It was absolutely electric and even better than it was in April. Audra was out, but Her understudy (Darlesia Cearcy) was phenomenal! Didn't have the star quality that Audra does, but her vocals were absolutely fantastic and at times she even sounded very much like Audra. I'm going to miss this one. :-(

Picked up tickets for Falsettos for October. I'm excited about to see this cast; I love Stephanie Block!

I saw Darlesia and ADORED her! I was initially disappointed that Audra was out, but I loved the show without her.

Edited to add that I have trips to San Francisco (to see Hedwig!) and Disney this fall, but I'm trying to find a way to squeeze in New York as well because I REALLY want to see Falsettos (and wouldn't mind seeing Dear Evan Hansen again). Stephanie Block was my very first Elphaba and still is the best one I've ever seen.

I desperately want to see Falsettos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter