The Bridge Is Open!!!!!

DOCLINGER

Earning My Ears
Just to fill you in July 20th -24th was the second week the Wonder offered the Overlook Bridge tour. Just go to Guest services and book your time. They only do them while in port so understand space is limited. I did it when I took my kids card to invalidate them for charging and to drop off my shirt for Character signatures (which came out Awesomely)!!!!

Good luck always glad to pass on infomation!
Chris

Guest services will print you a ticket for a time that's available. I don't recommend it for smaller kids. My 6 y/o was very bored. It is strictly informational. You are allowed to take pictures. They go over each of the sections of instruments on the bridge (Comm, Navigation, Safety, Propulsion, the history of the ship). The tour is an Overlook Tour, which means you are on a "bridge"(on deck 9) that wraps around above the bridge (on deck 8).

You must remember though that the only time the tours are given are while in port (for security reasons). I think the times were like 12:30 to 3pm every half hour, but I'm not positive. We had 2:30 and changed to 2:00, but I know he had times for my group as early as 1:00. So book as soon as possible, but check your navigator to ensure it doesn't conflict with something else you want to do, if possible. It wasn't a problem for them to change the time of my tour, 6 hours after we set sail.

Hope that answered your questions.

"while in port" does that mean any port or just port canaveral? and was it mentioned how long this would be offered? we are on the magic next december for the 10 night and this would be great. my husband would love it!:tongue:

I was afraid that no kids would be allowed, and that DS would not be able to do this! I want to take DS, who is not even 6 yet... But, he is the kind who is more interested in stuff like this than he is Mickey Mouse! ( His play is always 'WORK' ) and he is nuts about all kinds of machinery, etc.. Given that info, do you think he might appreciate it?

Thanks so much!!! I was planning on taking him thru the SPA during the tour time at embarkation, the only time the children are allowed thru there... Just so that he could SEE the bridge thru the windows!!!

We did our tour in Nassau, I believe they did them at Castaway Cay also, but not sure. "in port " means when docked at pierside(lines attach the ship to the pier).

As far as kids go...the tour is above the actual bridge, so no hands on, but it is full of information about the ship and the controls and such. If you've been to a museum and pushed one of those buttons explaining a picture or object and he enjoys that...then by all means take him. I would even say that if you know he would be quiet, or you can make him be quiet somehow, he would probably appreciate some of the stuff. At the end, they will answer questions if you have any, which he may like to participate in also.

Unfortunately, we explained the tour as "the place they drive the ship from" to my 6 year old, so naturally she thought we were going to get on a boat and drive it somewhere...she wasn't very happy about what we ended up doing. She survived and we pressed on to something else afterwards.

The BF is big into the computer geek stuff...actually today we had to go to the computer shop to pick up a new game for him...and he sat there and said...
"I really hate it that they give out these clear bags...then everyone knows I'm a geek."

Gotta love him! *I do* He's always good for a laugh!

128.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter