The Brain Dead Disney Web Ressie Site Beef Thread

SuperDuperBounce

The guy with the big camera bag
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of the brain dead reservation system on the Disney web site. If I had a dollar for every time I've had to enter two adults, three children, and their ages, I would have our next trip paid for. If Amazon can remember which book I thought about buying three years ago (but didn't), why can't the Disney website remember the above for two minutes!

Please add your beef with the web reservation system here. After we get a few, I'll email the thread URL to the webmaster and perhaps they'll take a hint. It's obvious none of them have ever used their online reservation system or thoroughly tested it. I'll start the ball rolling. I've named my beefs so it will be easier to discuss them.

1. Braindead Memory - On the current home page, enter the dates, number of adults and children, and the ages of children and then hit the continue button. Then remember that you wanted to select room only instead of packages. Hit the back button on your web browser and "BAM!!" - all the widgets have reset themselves and you have to enter everything over. Why can't they at least use a session cookie to keep this info around for the current browser session (better yet, until you change it)! They're site already uses cookies so we know they know how to use them.

2. Super Duper Fast Scrollbars - When enter dates in the pop down menus on the main page and use the scrollbar when the list shows days 1 through 6 and you want 7. One click in the scrollbar and "BAM!!" - you're suddenly down to days 22 through 27 (or somewhere else relative to where you clicked in the scroll bar (it didn't just page down to 7 through 12 like the way a "normal" scrollbar would work).

3. Child Six Pack - From the resort overview page, enter your dates and number of adults. Enter three children (yes, you have to take them all) and you get SIX boxes to enter their ages (my do they multiply)!
dis3kids.gif

4. Missing Child - Enter the ages of your children down the first column as shown above, hit "Go", and get an unavailable message or other problem that gets you a "Sorry, this ..." message. You'll find that your third child has gone missing, AWOL, over-the-hill! When you get the 3x2 child matrix, you have to enter their ages from left to right from top to bottom or at some point you'll have to reenter the age of child three (which notice is now child two)!
dislostchild.gif

5. Only One Room at the Inn - Enter four adults and three children expecting to get two rooms (you know already you can't get that many in one room). You'll either get the "suite only" option or a message telling you to book more than one room. Can anyone figure out how to do this from this actual screen shot? Where is the "Number Rooms" option? Do they think I want to go through this twice and do things like pay for vacation insurance twice?
dismorerooms.gif

6. No Resort Preference - Select the Wilderness Lodge (could probably be any but this is the one I did) and get a message "Please select a Resort other than "No Preference". Can anyone figure out how to do this from the actual screen presented below? Selecting one of the "Select this Resort" buttons below this section of the screen led back to this same screen.
disnopref.gif

7. I Know the Code - Wouldn't it be nice to have a box to enter a discount code when you have one? Sure, some of them have qualifiers but even the public codes can't be entered from the normal reservation screens. For those, you have to navigate through the "Tickets and Reservations" Special Offers page. If you enter an AP code (or any other code with qualifiers), why can't they just bring up a page stating the qualifications with a checkbox acknowledging that if you do not meet the qualifications at checkin, you will be charged the non-code rate. That's essentially what they do over the phone.

Yes, of course you can always call the 1-407 number but if you just want to play around with some numbers (and perhaps even make a reservation), why can't the reservation system be useful!

All I can add is AMEN! I love the Amazon analogy--they've always got new, relevant suggestions for me. Great idea!

I'd love it if they could remember who I am. They have LOTS of info stored on me, why can't their reservation system at least know who I am.

Plus I never have figured out how to reserve 2 room only reservations. I often have 3 adults but we want seperate rooms. As far as I know the only way to get that is 2 reservations or make a phone reservation.

:rotfl: Well said. I have nothing more to add other than I thought it was just me who gets so aggravated on their site!

I'm with you! I've been so frustrated with the whole thing. Plus, it gives you a list of resorts to choose from for your dates, you select a resort, and boom--it comes back saying "Your choice is not available. However, we recommend this other deluxe in another area completely as an option." Why the heck was my original choice even on the list if it isn't available for my dates?

I've stayed at the Dolphin for the last 4 trips but wanted to try something different. I'm seriously considering going back to the Dolphin just because it's so much easier to make a reservation and get a discount.

Totally agree...for a company of its stature, the web site leaves a lot to be desired. It's cute and flashy but certainly lacking in functionality.

they should just hire you and have you run it from your computer. You've captured it all. With the pictures, maybe you'll even get them to understand what you mean.

Thank you for writing this :thumbsup2 Sometimes I think that the Disney website is totally useless for making reservations especially if I have a code or I'd like to compare rates at different resorts. I hope you're able to get someone's attention at Disney.

An issue I have found with my reservations is that I had changed my flight information, first because I extended our trip and then because I was able to get a later flight on our last day. When I go back to check my reservations on the website they have all the flights listed with both departure days even though I have called to change them. I know when I call them directly their computer shows the correct information but all the old stuff is still listed - it concerns me because I am afraid that my ME will get messed up and that perhaps they might screw up with my hotel room.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!! Especially the second room option! And bouncing back to the reentry info. I have also been told MANY times that rooms aren't available, but if you pick up the phone they are absolutely available. So I don't trust the site info at all.

Agree SuperDuperBounce :thumbsup2

That is why DH either calls or uses AAA

You can't even get a AAA discount using the silly thing. I think it is worthless and way too cumbersome.

You'd think a company that perfected Audioanamatronics (sp?) would have a better web site!! :confused3

Worst Website Ever!!! Shocking that a company like Disney is in the dark ages!! CRO is so overloaded you'd think they'd APPRECIATE internet savvy people like us trying to do all our planning online!!! DISNEY, I HATE YOUR WEBSITE!! PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!

When I try to do a more general search, like searching for availability at ANY deluxe resort, it invariably comes back as "No availability" for any deluxe hotel. However, I can then put in a specific deluxe resort for the exact same dates, and it will give me not only availability there, but also at 2 other hotels.

Does anyone else searching for a deluxe hotel reservation find that, INVARIABLY, the alternate option is Saratoga Springs and the "Disney Recommends" option is the GF? Are they having trouble filling these 2 hotels, that they have to push them so hard? Why do these same 2 always come up, no matter whether I've searched for availability at the Beach Club or the Contemporary? I would think they would at least give me an alternate hotel in the same general area as the one I'd attempted to book.

Cheers!
Heather W

I totally agree. I have not found any other website that is as frustrating as the one Disney has me use for making online reservations -- even our little league sports and church websites are more user friendly than the Disney one.

-- Rob

Gosh, I'd be happy simply if the blooming website wouldn't hang half the time I go into it (on my PC at home, on my laptop, on my PC at work...). :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter