''The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story'' Review

alamode

Mouseketeer
I know this isn't WDW related, but I'm considering going to watch ''The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story'', and was wondering if anyone has seen it. Might be good to review for the podcast.

What is this? I have never heard of it, but am interested as I am a fan of them, and thier work.

Where can you see it? I'm dying to see it but I missed its short run in NY. (It was only in one theater)

I'd like to see it. Am hoping it will be released for sale.

I have a cassette "The Sherman Brothers", full of their great songs. Wish I could get it on CD.

My husband and I saw it!

It is excellent: funny, moving, heart-warming and bittersweet. It made both of us cry at one point. I really hope it begins to get wider distribution.

I would recommend it to any Disney fan, even if you aren't a huge fan of the Sherman Brothers' music. There are some wonderful stories about Walt that are worth the price of admission, and you get a great feel for the company as it was in the years immediately before and after Walt's passing.

What is this? I have never heard of it, but am interested as I am a fan of them, and thier work.

It's a documentary put together by each son of the Sherman Brothers. The two families have been estranged for many years, but at the London premiere of the Mary Poppins musical, Dick's son and Bob's son started talking and trying to figure out why their dads are so distant and their families never got together. The result was this documentary.

Here's the movie's official website - it doesn't list where the movie's playing, unfortunately...

http://www.theboysdoc.com/

There will be a screening and a panel discussion at the D23 Expo in Anaheim next Thursday (Sept. 10). This was one of the first events from the Expo I cemented on my schedule - can't wait to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter