The Boys First Trip to DWorld

CharlieGrl

Earning My Ears

So I have been banned from talking about the trip with the family because I seem to talk about the trip ad nauseam. So what better to get my excited energy out than on here? Cause really if I couldn't do it here I might go a little bit crazy.

So I guess an introduction to my family and me is customary for these things so here goes:

Introductions
Charlene - That's Me

2q1avmd.jpg

I am 26 years old. I am originally from Charlotte, NC but now live 45 minutes west of the city to be closer to my husbands family. I work in the city though doing accounts receivable for a major medical laboratory. I have a passion for photography, music and travel. This will be my third visit to Disney world. Unfortunately I don't remember much about my past two trips (one was when I as about 6 and another one about 10 years ago).

Jake - My Son

2du06k0.jpg

He is a little over 3 years old and ALL boy. He loves spaceships, Toy Story and his PawPaw. He is a travelin little man so the trip to should be pretty smooth. He's been traveling since a little baby. He has even gotten to go to Las Vegas before his mom and dad have. I can't wait to see his reaction!

Steven - My Husband

1055t3l.jpg

Darling husband (most the time) is 27 years old. I have been married to him for 6 years. He is my opposite that attracts. He is my ying to my yang. He has lamented that his parents have never taken him to DisneyWorld. What a poor unprivileged life he has lived. He is a computer techie guy who loves guitars, making music and being a computer nerd.

PawPaw - My FIL

2utsw3m.jpg

My crazy FIL coming guarantees that we will have a crazy good time. He is a "class clown" and makes long trips more entertaining. He is a retired do-aller who is not the care taker of my son during hubby and I's work hours. His favorite things are being obnoxious, model cars and of course his grandson.

MawMaw - My MIL

fmkjgz.jpg

A big thanks to my MIL, for she is the one making this trip possible. She loves hanging out with her grand kids, traveling and cleaning. And she would probably kill me if she saw me posting this picture of her!

===================================================================​
Next post: How The Trip Came To Be and the Details

Your son is like my DD.... She is 3 years and 5 months and has been traveling since she was 3 months old. We were in Vegas for he 2nd birthday. :lmao: She's been to Disneyland twice, Disney World once, the Grand Canyon once, California three times and many more. I wish my parents traveled with me more when I was a kid. I didn't start exploring places outside of Colorado until I met my husband.

Well look forward to reading more. popcorn::

Yeah, I didn't travel AS MUCH with my family as I did with my husbands family. We usually made a yearly pilgrimage to a North Carolina beach and that was about it.

This seems like it will be the first of many wonderful WDW trips for your family!
Looking forward to reading about it!

How The Trip Came to Be and the Details
Every year my MIL is invited to a work conference. The location varies usually between Las Vegas and Disney World. Last year they went to Las Vegas and took my son with them.

This year her work decided to go back to Disney World. To stay at the and Dolphin like they did a few years back. Originally we weren't going to join them, money has been a bit tight lately and my husband is on call every two weeks. But he found out that he would be off call that week and that if we put a little money away each week we should have enough money.

Each week we gave my FIL at least $40 to put in a safe box and he would write down the amount in a ledger. A month ago while my son was away for a week at the family's campground I made use of the free time to get some overtime in which helped my purchase the Disney World tickets. Made use of the Sea World's adult at kid price deal which help saved some money. And MIL was able to get us the 2 park unlimited for Universal which helps out IMMENSELY. Next Saturday we plan on having a yard sale and will stop by a Coin Star machine to turn in a bunch of change that we were collecting in a jar.

Her work is placing us the Swan & Dolphin hotel. I am not sure which one exactly, I am guessing the bigger Dolphin based on room size. They are paying for everything for her and FIL (parking, dinner, etc) which must be nice. She will be able to take us out on night for a nice dinner payed for by her work.

===================================================================​
Next post: Itinerary

I am so excited to read your PTR... I can't wait to see your itinerary... I"m glad your DH got the week off.... I"m in popcorn::

The planned itinerary is very loose and not concrete, things may change. We don't have any plans for breakfast, lunch or dinner but would like to check out some of the suggestions in this post I started.

* September 19, Saturday - Had planned on leaving SUPER early Sunday but we have decided to get a head start Saturday and take our time getting down to Florida. Will find a place to spend the night about 2 hours out (any suggestions?)
* September 20, Sunday - Get up relatively early finish the drive down. Stop by Universal Studios mid morning and stay till before check in. Make our way to check in at the hotel. Set up house and mess around the grounds (i.e. go swimming and what not) and maybe make a trip to the boardwalk.
* September 21, Monday - Either make our way to Universal to see the things we missed or go to SeaWorld.
* September 22, Tuesday - Make our way to Magic Kingdom in time for the rope drop. It will more than likely just be DH and DS. Stay till around lunch or so and then make our way to the hotel. Get some food and rest a bit, try to get son to take a nap. Then go back around 2 with MIL and FIL. Stay till we have our fill.
* September 23, Wednesday - Do whatever we didn't do Monday.
* September 24, Thursday - The much dreaded drive back home. I will try to take it easy and rest up because crazy me didn't request Friday off at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter