The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the misinformation. I thought it was only BC/YC that didn't have a daybed in every room.

Sorry for the misinformation. I thought it was only BC/YC that didn't have a daybed in every room.

Well, the BWI was remolded this year. Maybe there had been a daybed in each of the rooms but that was changed during the remolding? But I returned last Friday from there and my room only had the couch. As it was my first time to the BWI, I don’t know if it was ever any different.

That couch folds out into a daybead. In fact, if you look carefully between the upper cushions there, you can see a hint of the black strap that is tucked in there which you pull on to open the daybed!

However, I can attest that not all rooms have daybeds. Our first room we had on our most recent trip did not have a couch, just a club chair. The second room had the couch/daybed.

I just saw this post.

I kind of looked at the couch one day to see if it pulled out into anything, and it didn't look like it did. But then, I wasn't really seriously trying to look so maybe I just didn't figure it out.

I just saw this post.

I kind of looked at the couch one day to see if it pulled out into anything, and it didn't look like it did. But then, I wasn't really seriously trying to look so maybe I just didn't figure it out.

The backside of the sofa is the bed. You pull the the back of the sofa toward the floor.

I know all deluxe rooms face the BW - does anyone know what kind of view standard cl rooms have?

Thanks for any info!

We had a standard Cl room on our last trip and it had a view of the courtyard out back.

Standard cl rooms can have a view of the garden and quiet pool or a boardwalk view (we had one on a previous trip).

Will be staying at BWI this coming March, have deluxe concierge room booked for DH, DS (will be 5 on March 8) and myself. How are the views from these rooms? Do they all face YC and BC? Anyone have any recent experiences or photos using these rooms? Thanks:wave2:

All the deluxe concierge rooms are Boardwalk view & you can see BC/YC across the lake. Taken from balcony sorry its a little too dark.

DSC00404.jpg

Have all of the rooms been remodeled now at the BWI? What about the concierge level? I think the new decor is beautiful.:thumbsup2

Hello everyone! My question is relating to the actual Boardwalk, not the resort itself. Is there enough to do on the Boardwalk to keep two adults busy for a few hours after dinner? Like are there shops and things like that or is it just the restaurants and the "entertainers"? We were planning to leave MK in the early evening, like maybe around 6:30 or 7pm, go to Big River Grille for dinner and then spend an hour or two at the Boardwalk but I don't know how long we will stay entertained.

TIA!

Hello everyone! My question is relating to the actual Boardwalk, not the resort itself. Is there enough to do on the Boardwalk to keep two adults busy for a few hours after dinner? Like are there shops and things like that or is it just the restaurants and the "entertainers"? We were planning to leave MK in the early evening, like maybe around 6:30 or 7pm, go to Big River Grille for dinner and then spend an hour or two at the Boardwalk but I don't know how long we will stay entertained.

TIA!

If you are there when Illuminations shows, you can see the higher fireworks from the Boardwalk. Go down close to Jellyrolls - or actually the Big River Grille is far enough down; find a bench and look up over the Boardwalk Inn.

Jellyrolls is something that a lot of people seem to love. I haven't been there yet but it is on my list of things to do for next time.

There is some boardwalk entertainment. There are a couple of stores to browse in. I think you'll be fine. If you leave the MK around 7 - you probably won't get to the Big River Grille and seated (providing that it is slow) until around 8. By the time it is over it should be about time for Illuminations - depending on the current schedule - and then catch a magic act or so and check out Jellyrolls.

Jellyrolls just went smoke-free.

Have all of the rooms been remodeled now at the BWI? What about the concierge level? I think the new decor is beautiful.:thumbsup2

I'm not sure if all the rooms are done, but I know our club level room was remodeled. The concierge lounge also got a makeover. It was very nice!

Thanks. My DS and I stayed last january in a standard room and it wasn't remodeled. We love the BWI but the room was definitely showing some age. The new rooms look so lovely and relaxing. We are booked for the club level this time. Are the standard club level rooms on two different floors? Also, is the elevator closeby? That was the only other problem with our last room, it was a VERY long way from the elevator. OK in the am, but a long walk after a day in the parks.:sad2:

Thanks. My DS and I stayed last january in a standard room and it wasn't remodeled. We love the BWI but the room was definitely showing some age. The new rooms look so lovely and relaxing. We are booked for the club level this time. Are the standard club level rooms on two different floors? Also, is the elevator closeby? That was the only other problem with our last room, it was a VERY long way from the elevator. OK in the am, but a long walk after a day in the parks.:sad2:

Once I saw the remodeled rooms I couldn't wait to stay there! I wasn't much of a fan of the previous decor.

I think all standard CL rooms are on the 4th floor? We didn't have a bad walk from the elevators. Our room was halfway between the elevator and the lounge. It could be a bit of a walk if you were at the opposite end of the floor. Down by the ESPN Club. We've had long walks to the lounge at the AKL so I know what a bummer that can be. If you do get a room at the end at least the lounge is on the way!

We loved our stay at the BWI:)

Are the standard club level rooms on two different floors?

When we were there in December, I had a discussion with one of the CM's in the lounge about where the standard club level rooms are. He said that the rooms are on the 4th floor, however, they will sometimes use rooms on the 3rd floor as needed. The example he gave was if they need connecting rooms and there weren't any available on the 4th floor.

There are 6 of us going (2 adults, 2 17 yo boys, 2 14 yo girls) to WDW in June and I wanted to book with the 4/3 special. The only thing left by the time I found about this special was a deluxe club level room at the Boardwalk Inn that they said sleeps 6. I have looked up pictures, but it is so hard to tell anything by looking at pictures. Are we going to be really crowded in there? And is the sleeper sofa really a queen? Any advice you can share will be greatly appreciated!

There are 6 of us going (2 adults, 2 17 yo boys, 2 14 yo girls) to WDW in June and I wanted to book with the 4/3 special. The only thing left by the time I found about this special was a deluxe club level room at the Boardwalk Inn that they said sleeps 6. I have looked up pictures, but it is so hard to tell anything by looking at pictures. Are we going to be really crowded in there? And is the sleeper sofa really a queen? Any advice you can share will be greatly appreciated!

It will be kind of crowded since there are only 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa in the room. But if you don't mind bearing the floor, then you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter