The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called CRO today to ask for more information on the Garden Suites -- specifically how many sq. feet the rooms are. The CM wasn't quite sure, but then read me something off some info she had found. She told me the rooms are 915sq. feet! I immediately booked it, but after I hung up I got to thinking...this can't be right. The room would be HUGE and I doubt it would be priced as it is. Does anyone have a closer idea or guess of how much room is really in a GS? Is it comprable to the Deluxe rooms, or bigger, or smaller?

Thanks!

The CRO cast memeber was correct. This is total living space. The followinbg is from The Luxury Guide to WDW; Garden Suites

Suites - A gated, white picket fence encircles the serene, two-storied Garden Suites (915-1100 square feet), most with a private rose garden front yard complete with arbor, mailbox, bird house, and porch. Downstairs is a living area with an entertainment center with TV, queen sofa bed, coffee table, easy chair, 2-person dining table, wet bar with coffee maker and small refrigerator, and half bath, while upstairs is a loft bedroom with four-poster bed, entertainment center with TV, and a double-sinked bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower, and mini-TV. Three of the fourteen Garden Suites have a large, upstairs balcony instead of a front yard so be sure to request your preference.

As well as standard-size rooms, the concierge level ten very spacious, 644 square feet Club Level Deluxe Rooms, all with a spectacular view of the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. They come with two queen beds, entertainment center, table and two chairs, and a spacious seating area outfitted with a queen sleeper sofa, coffee table, rattan chair, and extra armoire with TV and VCR.

I hope this helps.

I called CRO today to ask for more information on the Garden Suites -- specifically how many sq. feet the rooms are. The CM wasn't quite sure, but then read me something off some info she had found. She told me the rooms are 915sq. feet! I immediately booked it, but after I hung up I got to thinking...this can't be right. The room would be HUGE and I doubt it would be priced as it is. Does anyone have a closer idea or guess of how much room is really in a GS? Is it comprable to the Deluxe rooms, or bigger, or smaller?

Thanks!

Hi Dis Ohana - Glad you were able to get the information you need re the BW Garden Suites. Having stayed in this unit numerous times, I believe the poster who quoted the suite size is correct, due to the unit having two floors.

Just wanted to give you another little tid bit regarding these units. Be sure to request a unit with the private courtyard entrance, as a few of the units don't have the private entrance. I recommeded the BWI Garden Suites to a family member which they booked. When arriving, they were assigned a unit without the private courtyard entrance and were very disappointed as I had raved about the beautiful private entrance. Fortunately, they were moved, and all went well. I would have the request noted on my reservation, and when checking-in, ask for the courtyard entry unit again.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Wow,that is strange that the garden suite didn't have a private entrance. When we called yesterday, we were told that all the garden suites have a private entrance. I wonder now if the balcony ones don't have a private entrance? :confused3 What would the entrance look like? I want to request the right thing but I know it is only a request.Oh well, I guess we will know in 16 days what kind of room we get.:goodvibes

Lewanc--Did you ever stay in a balcony garden suite?

The CRO cast memeber was correct. This is total living space. The followinbg is from The Luxury Guide to WDW; Garden Suites

Suites - A gated, white picket fence encircles the serene, two-storied Garden Suites (915-1100 square feet), most with a private rose garden front yard complete with arbor, mailbox, bird house, and porch. Downstairs is a living area with an entertainment center with TV, queen sofa bed, coffee table, easy chair, 2-person dining table, wet bar with coffee maker and small refrigerator, and half bath, while upstairs is a loft bedroom with four-poster bed, entertainment center with TV, and a double-sinked bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower, and mini-TV. Three of the fourteen Garden Suites have a large, upstairs balcony instead of a front yard so be sure to request your preference.

As well as standard-size rooms, the concierge level ten very spacious, 644 square feet Club Level Deluxe Rooms, all with a spectacular view of the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. They come with two queen beds, entertainment center, table and two chairs, and a spacious seating area outfitted with a queen sleeper sofa, coffee table, rattan chair, and extra armoire with TV and VCR.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, KerryCM! That's exactly the information I needed. I'm very happy with my decision to book this room now.

I stayed up late last night and read this whole thread :surfweb: , there is one thing that isn't clear to me...
Lewanc, maybe you can shed some light on this. From what I've gathered, the 3 rooms with a balcony still do have private entrances, or am I wrong about that? I'd love a balcony, but all the pictures I've seen show the nice little garden out front. I think my DD would be very disappointed if we didn't have the private entrance. Can you tell us a little more about the room types?

paladin: I LOVE the BW pictures on that site. The ones with the little garden out front really sold it for me. Thanks!

Elitravlor: IPO sent me the layouts for the two different Garden Suites, I think I really do want that balcony! I tried to post it here but my computer skills are lacking, if you want them send me a PM.

Wow,that is strange that the garden suite didn't have a private entrance. When we called yesterday, we were told that all the garden suites have a private entrance. I wonder now if the balcony ones don't have a private entrance? :confused3 What would the entrance look like? I want to request the right thing but I know it is only a request.Oh well, I guess we will know in 16 days what kind of room we get.:goodvibes

Lewanc--Did you ever stay in a balcony garden suite?

Hi Elitravelor -- Please excuse me, I made a mistake, I was multi-tasking and wrote my post too quickly. All the garden suites do have private entrances. Some do not have the little white picket fence type entry, in which case entry is from the sidewalk. I haven't stayed in the balcony type suite.

Again, sorry for the mistake.

Lewanc, please no apology needed. I have enjoyed reading your posts. :thumbsup2

What are the hours of the Innkeepers Club?

Hi Elitravelor -- The last week-end we were there earlier this year, the Innkeepers Club was open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., but we didn't stop by to take advantage of it's offerings. I was having one of my "Disney Dining" visits, whereby we skip the parks, enjoy the cuisine, and grab a little R&R before the next meal. It may sound a little crazy, but there are so many places we love to dine on property (most not in the parks), that we just add the weekend trip to make the dining even more pleasurable.

Hi Elitravelor -- The last week-end we were there earlier this year, the Innkeepers Club was open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., but we didn't stop by to take advantage of it's offerings. I was having one of my "Disney Dining" visits, whereby we skip the parks, enjoy the cuisine, and grab a little R&R before the next meal. It may sound a little crazy, but there are so many places we love to dine on property (most not in the parks), that we just add the weekend trip to make the dining even more pleasurable.

Wow, lucky you so close that you can do a weekend! Thanks for the information. We have heard so many great reviews of the club and the staff. We are excited to be experiencing it ourselves soon.:thumbsup2

Sorry if this has already been posted, but just wanted to pass along that The Deluxe Guide To WDW indicates that the BWI's Deluxe Concierge rooms are scheduled for a rehad for Fall 2007. Not sure if this will include the Garden Suites or not. But if it does, it wouldn't surprise me if they look a little run down.

Has anyone heard of a scheduled rehab for the BWI?

I will give a call today to find out. I will post it later this afternoon. I have FDIL's shower today.

Did anyone get an answer on whether there will be renovations there this fall? I am booked there for late October...:scared:

This really doesn't count as a rehab, but I heard BWI will be getting all new bedding and linens:thumbsup2

I head possibly anytime between Oct-Dec. I am hoping this happens as myself and DH are planning on going in January as well:banana:

Almost one whole month and no new info or reports for the BWI. Come on someone must have some new info ......

Thanks LWcalif,
I see you are traveling from Ca to WDW. We are thinking of traveling to DL in 2009. Can you give me the reason you are coming so far east when DL is much closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter