• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be staying at the Boardwalk in Aug. What should I request as far as a decent view and not a mile away from the boardwalk (standard room). Thanks:yay:

I am now reconsidering our reservation at the YC due to reports that SAB closes early. We have been known to visit the Poly or GF pool in the evening and do not want that option unavailable to us. Our second Epcot hotel choice is the BWI-- What time does their large pool with slide close in mid- April ???

I am now reconsidering our reservation at the YC due to reports that SAB closes early. We have been known to visit the Poly or GF pool in the evening and do not want that option unavailable to us. Our second Epcot hotel choice is the BWI-- What time does their large pool with slide close in mid- April ???
If I'm remembering correctly, the GF theme pool didn't stay open past 8pm either. When they shut down the waterslide (aka lifeguards went home), they closed the whole pool and we had to use the one in the courtyard area. It was the same at the YC, when SAB wasn't open, we could go over to the quiet pool anytime at night.

subscribing, We have decided to stay here for our dec trip, I hope we made the right choice, we were suppsoe to stay at the yatch club, but we have stayed there before.We always say the next time will try boardwalk but we never do. So i guess I'm asking will we like it as much as we love the yatch club.It's just the two of us, no childern.

Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I called to book our vacation for the end of Aug. and a flex offer came up for the Boardwalk Inn and I decided what the heck it was about $800 cheaper then the Wilderness Lodge so I went for it!:goodvibes

Wow! What kind of room did you get?

Many posts ago, someone asked about the condition of standard rooms, but most of the info posted is about concierge rooms. Anyone else out there have more info about standard rooms? Thanks so much!

It is a standard room.......I was booking a standard at the WL too and once I asked about adding the dining plan it came up....so we got the Magic Your Way and the dining plan.

I was trying to book for my parents and they would only let me book one room at the discount. They tried to offer them a flex rate on Saratoga Springs which would not work with us staying at two places so I made my mom call and she asked the same way I did and was given the same sort of flex rate that I was. It was about an hour or two later.

We also have always said we wanted to try the BWI.... Well we are booked into a GS for April 2008. :goodvibes

Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I called to book our vacation for the end of Aug. and a flex offer came up for the Boardwalk Inn and I decided what the heck it was about $800 cheaper then the Wilderness Lodge so I went for it!:goodvibes

Hi Kristina -- WOW:cool1: :thumbsup2 , you really did well by getting the flex offer when booking. Just wanted to say you will not be disappointed with the change. Both facilities are great, as the quality and services of the two resorts are the same, with the only differences being the decor themes. It's so nice in the evening to walk around the boardwalk and enjoy all the activities, and sometimes, just sit and people watch. Also, if you are planning to visit EPCOT, there's a resort entrance right in your back door, just a nice walk around the lake. There is a great little ice cream shop called Beaches and Cream that is between the Beach & Yacht Club resorts that serves a item called the Kitchen Sink, it's sinful, but oh so good (after all you're on vacation):cheer2: , about 8 scoops of ice cream, and everything else you could think of, it's even served in a replica of a kitchen sink. This masterpiece will feed the whole family, try it out! There is also an excellent restaurant called the Yachtsman Steakhouse near Beaches & Cream that we like, it too has sinful desserts and good food.

Unless things have changed, as they often do at Disney, as you are booked at the Boardwalk, you may have access to the pool at the Beach Club which is really great (they give you a wrist band for this one). All you had to do is show your room key. We have to haul my grandson out of that place and he doesn't want to leave until the pool closes. I find when staying in the EPCOT resort area, there are many more restaurant selections, close by, as you have the three resorts right there with excellent restaurants within walking distance (in my opinion, because we like to walk).

Hope you have a great vacation!!

subscribing, We have decided to stay here for our dec trip, I hope we made the right choice, we were suppsoe to stay at the yatch club, but we have stayed there before.We always say the next time will try boardwalk but we never do. So i guess I'm asking will we like it as much as we love the yatch club.It's just the two of us, no childern.

Hi Marvin -- December is a good month for your trip, as the weather is usually much more comfortable, and the added plus of the holiday season, as the parks and resorts are decorated so beautifully.

In my opinion, you will not be disappointed with the Boardwalk Inn. Both resorts offer the same type amenities, just a different decor theme. You will still be in the general area of the Yacht Club by just a walk around the lake, and you will be easily able to enjoy your Yacht Club favorites. Another plus you'll have is NO KIDS:cool1: , you will be able to focus on what you want to do, which I am more than sure is relax. This will give you the "just the two of us" time to enjoy the resort, and explore some of the adult things to do, that is so often missed when you have the kids.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the switch, as you will just add another favorite to your Disney resort experience.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

You won't regret it - the Boardwalk is a beautiful resort. The Yacht Club used to be my favourite, but after a fantastic first trip to the Boardwalk last month, like you, I've now cancelled the Yacht Club for December and have booked the Boardwalk.

I love everything about the Boardwalk, and dare I say, I now find the Yacht Club a bit 'stuffy' whereas I used to love it :rotfl:

Thanks for the replys.I really am looking forward to something new. I'm sure we will have great time and a new favorite place to stay.

It is a standard room.......I was booking a standard at the WL too and once I asked about adding the dining plan it came up....so we got the Magic Your Way and the dining plan.

I was trying to book for my parents and they would only let me book one room at the discount. They tried to offer them a flex rate on Saratoga Springs which would not work with us staying at two places so I made my mom call and she asked the same way I did and was given the same sort of flex rate that I was. It was about an hour or two later.

Hi Thumpersmom -- Read your post. Believe it or not, sometimes what offers you get, depends on the cast member that answers your call. I'm so glad:banana: you had your mom to call so she was able to get the same offer:thumbsup2 . During the many years I 've been booking my stays at WDW, I've had the same thing happen. I'd call at 12:00 pm, and nothing I wanted was available, and then I'd call back around 3:00 p.m., and the reservation I wanted was available. This situation is usually created due to guests, who were to check out, decide to stay, or another guest who was to check in, changes their reservations, so there is availability. My suggestion when booking reservations, is to always ask for any available discounts, don't leave it to the cast member to advise you. It can't hurt, and you may get lucky and get information on an offer you aren't aware of. After all, we spend a lot of $$ to enjoy the "magic", and any reservations discount we can get will always be spent doing other things in the "World":goodvibes .

Have a good trip!!

Thanks for everyone's response again!!!

It was a wonderful surprise to get the Boardwalk for a great price. I had been planning but just went for it on the phone w/out checking with my parents or my DH. They were a little surprised but I knew we would love whatever resort we ended up with.

Our home resort is Disneyland and we go quite often, (My 19 month old has been 7 times!-only 5 1/2 hours door to door! ) and the WL is very similar to the Grand Californian hotel which is our favorite place to stay here in Anaheim.

We stayed at the GF for our honeymoon in 1992, The BC for our 10 year anniversary in 2002 and in 2003 we stayed at the Poly and the Coronado for before and after our DCL trip. This is our 15 year anniversary trip. It is my parents 40th anniversary trip too.

My 11 year old DS will be overjoyed if he can use Stormalong Bay too! Being that we have an 11 year old and a 22 month old I know I will be returning to the BWI for naps and playtime and like the fact that we are in between MGM and Epcot.

Does anyone have any room request suggestions? We are in a standard room.

Thanks!!!!!!

I believe Lewanc was incorrect in their post. You cannot use SAB if you stay at BW, only at BC and YC. BW has its own amusement themed clown pool.

I just booked my first stay at the Boardwalk! All they had were standard rooms...any suggestions on how to request one of the better areas that are classified as standard views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter