The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take note - all resort FAQ threads have been "unstuck" there is one "stuck" thread with links to all the faq threads.

including this one!

If you request a coffee pot, is there a fee?

Thanks everyone for the great info! I can't wait 'til Dec.!

Leslie,
No, I think if you just call housekeeping and request one, they will run on up to your room, like if you requested extra towels or robes, etc.

Even the resorts which have rooms with the coffee pots already there, there is no charge to use the pot, just the coffee pouches. We bring our own, along with a soft sided cooler (squishes flat in the luggage) to keep milk cold with ice from the machines -- gotta have my milk in my coffee!:smooth:

I do have to share my coffee milk with the kiddos (for their cereal), but this saves us lots of time and money, so I was glad to hear we didn't have to tote our own coffee pot along to the Boardwalk!

The BoardWalk Inn is our family's favorite deluxe resort! Love the theming, love the architecture, love the location! The decor reminds me of my grandmother who passed away in 1996. It brings a smile to my face just being there.

Here are some pictures we took during our trips in August 1999 and June 2001. In '99, we had a standard view room (3209)which was at the far end of the resort, beyond the ESPN Club. We could see Spaceship Earth, Illuminations, and Crescent Lake. The downside was that it was a long way from the lobby and we were over the service entrance to the ESPN Club and often woke to the sounds of trucks making early-morning deliveries and could hear traffic on the highway behind the resort. We also got so see CM's having a smoke on their break below our balcony.

In June of 2001 we booked a water view room and received an upgrade to a concierge deluxe room at check-in:) We got spoiled! The room (3225) was directly over the bakery and had two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. There was also a second armoire with TV and VCR.

BoardWalk Inn Pictures

We stayed in room 5306 in 4/02 It was a two queen bed room and did not have a day bed. We had a great view of Illuminations. Frankly, with this room, I wouldn't pay more for a BW (water) view. This room was perfect... except we had to leave to go home :(
:) gail
Pictures of our room can be found at:
community.webshots.com/user/ghp918
Look under page three Amanda and Gail's WDW trip 4/02 and you'll see lots of room pics. If I was more computer savvy, I'd put them up here in the info thread.Amanda and Gail's Pics

Staying at the BWI in a few days, and we're scheduled for a water view. Hopefully, we'll get the Boardwalk. Does anyone have any room numbers?

Are the deluxe rooms only concierge, or can you reserve a deluxe room without paying extra for concierge (like at AKL)?? The room looks like it would hold all 5 of us comfortably, but I don't know about paying extra for concierge.

The deluxe rooms are all concierge. We had booked a water view room at an upsell rate of $209 and were given a complimentary upgrade when we checked in. I wish there were non-concierge deluxe rooms. The extra room was great for us, but rack rate is around $500. I don't know if special rates ever apply.

Just wanted to know if every balcony has got a table and chairs, and how noisy does the boardwalk get at night? I'm a bit worried about requesting a waterview room if it gets noisy at night.

My wife and I stayed in a 4th floor concierge room overlooking the Boardwalk back in August of 2001 (sorry, don't know the room number), but it was directly over a bakery I think.

The room had a balcony w/no chairs, but we just took the chairs out of our room and used them.

About the noise--Our first day there, we went back to the room to catch a nap around 1pm, and I kept hearing what sounded like a fog horn every 10 minutes. This is with the balcony door and blinds shut. Turns out it was just the boat taxis docking at the Boardwalk dock. Took a while to get used to, but then it just becomes part of the special Boardwalk ambience.

From time to time a live band playing old ragtime (or something like that) songs will stroll down the Boardwalk during the day and in the evening, and you will get to sit out on your balcony and enjoy the free show. To me that was one of the biggest treats.

At night, the boats are no longer running so you don't hear the horns, and really, it is generally pretty quiet. The ESPN bar at the end of the Boardwalk plays their trademark music all day, and that would be about the only thing that could get old. Besides the crowd noise, it really wasn't too bad. After about midnight, it is completely dead, and all the shops are closed. But let's be honest--if you are staying in a room with a Boardwalk view, you better be ready for SOME noise. History will show that Boardwalks ARE kinda noisy by nature, and to me that was one of the coolest parts of staying there. You get a constant, carnival-like atmosphere, one that the garden view guests miss out on. But its all in what you like.

Hope that helps.
By the way, I swear on the concierge floor they pipe in some type of sweet, woody smell that is not in the rest of the resort. AWESOME!!

Some info on the pool, and if anyone in the know can confirm the pool stuff in the original thread is really StormAlong, I will be sure to take that out!

From LH@OKW:
Great post on Boardwalk, but I THINK one paragraph under "swimming" belongs to Beach Club, not Boardwalk.
From DISposter, about long slide, partly in the dark, not allowed for nonswimmers, etc; really sounds more like Storm-a-Long Bay at Beach/Yacht Club than Boardwalk.
We were at both pools in June ("pool hopping" is a Disney Vacation Club perk). Beach Club pool slide is like a ship, have to go across boardwalk, away from main pool area, to the ladder. At that end of the ship is separate shallow pool w/ a CM lifeguard. CM asked my DD for a swim test (she had been wearing lifevest from the resort). She passed test, wo/ vest, but not allowed to wear vest down slide. I thought that slide was very fast for a pool slide. Also, a water current at bottom of slide; so you do need to be a strong swimmer. (CM asked that DH or I please be at bottom for DD).
Luna Park pool (Boardwalk) not as long, don't remember if it went through any tunnel. It was great fun, though. Our daughter wore her life vest on this slide, no problem. (CM at top of slide at all times). Vest, by the way, was free of charge from Community Hall, we used at different pools, and Blizzard Beach. Free of charge may be a DVC thing too, not sure. Good photo ops from bridge at Luna Park, and bottom of slide. Bring a waterproof disposable camera. Just don't remember a second short kiddie slide at this pool though.
Wanted to send you a PM, because not 100% sure w/ pool descriptions-- maybe DVC board will have people who have used these pools more than me who can answer. (We are relatively new DVCers)
Have a great great trip (we are going for quick 4 day trip in Nov, first time at BW -- villas, though).

THANK YOU!:)

I think LH@OKW is correct. That sounds like SAB to me too! The Keister Coaster goes under a walkway right at the Clown's mouth but not a dark tunnel. My DS was 6 at the time we were there and was able to go down the slide with no problems (over and over and over...) and he was not a "strong swimmer". There is a guard at the top when the slide is open and one on the edge of the pool in that area keeping an eye on things.

Does anyone have any idea how late you can rent the Surrey bikes? We saw them on our last vacation and they looked like great fun. Don't know if we'll make it up the hill though :D. But we'll give it a go.

Ona ;)

Does anyone know of a site that has a map of BWV that lists room numbers. I've seen them for most of the other resorts.

How late are the pools open? Is there always a lifeguard there? Is the slide always open? TIA

One day of our 7 day visit the slide was closed for cleaning and "waxing". I don't know how often that happens. We were there during a cool week in Feb. The latest we swam was around 7pm but I think the pool was open till 9 or 10.... it was pretty chilly those nights!

Thanks for the replies -- anyone know the answer to Leslie's question about the lifeguards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter