the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter

spoiled_momma

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this and is it worth the money? Going on the Wonder Dec 26th with DH, DS 9, DD 6. We were thinking of doing this but since its the most expensive thing to do I thought I would ask everyones opinion first..

Thanks

We did the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau a year ago. It was initially disappointing, in that we misunderstood and thought it was a SWIM with the dolphins program. We quickly got over that. In reality, we stood on an underwater platform a couple of feet deep in a pool area, and the dolphin came to US at the trainer's command. The dolphin swam by very slowly, allowing us to feel his skin, "danced" with each person, allowed a hug, shook fins, etc. We enjoyed it very much.

Karen
Wonder 11/01
Magic 3/02
Magic 11/02

We did the Dolphin swim in Nassau just last week but had to book it ourselves directly through the company. It was very easy to do. The cost is 145.00 I believe. You actually get in the water completely with the dolphins and do the above mentioned activities plus you get to have the dolphins jump over your head and a dolphin (or two) will push you across the water (called a foot push). The foot push was the highlight for us. I was scared at first but it was very cool! I would recommend this excursion! Everyone there was having a great time! They videotape the whole thing for you or you can have a family member do it. They also take pictures that you can purchase. I brought my underwater camera and took pictures myself plus a lady next to me took pictures with my camera too. Great day!
Ann

I haven't done the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter yet. Me and my DW, DS-6, and DD-3, will do a combination of the Dolphin Swim and the Dolphin Encounter in 3 weeks. I booked them all directly through the company. Their web site is,

http://www.dolphinswims.com or
http://www.dolphinencounters.com

As kplatt said, the ship excursions are for the encounter where you stand on the platform. You have to book the swims directly with them. The swims are $145 and the encounters are $75.

The company caters to the cruise ships in the morning. I think the Wonder Dolphin Encounter is at 8:30. We got a 3:00 slot. We'll miss our main seating dinner but DW and I will hit Palo's instead that night. It will be worth it.

No worries, sail happy!! :cool:

Can people go to observe or do they have to pay too? I know my mom and mother n law (in their 70's) won't want to participate but would like to watch our kids if they can without having to pay for the excursion.

Please help me with any details.

Thanks

I think it costs 5.00 just to observe plus you need to pay for the boat ride. It's definately worth it to have someone observe you if they video tape your experience since the video is quite costly. Here is there website:
http://www.dolphinswims.com

You take a short taxi ride to the place between the two bridges called the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. From there you take a 20 minute ferry ride to the island.
Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter