• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Bloat and Float 06 Cruise Report: Now The Truth Comes Out!

FatherForce said:
The Conclusion

Forging camaraderie with SleepyDog after the fact has been nice too.
We have since discussed his family and mine cruising together in 08.
You’re invited too.
Imagine a cruise with everyone who has been reading his and my Rs.
(Shudder)

we are definately going in 08 as well, we don't know when yet (if they would release the $#&$#*@$%&%$#%*@#$*#@$&#@%& itineraries, not that I'm angry, I'm just sayin... :furious: ) Let us know when you go, that could be interesting. or perhaps scary...or perhaps DCL wouldn't be up for that....

Anyway, thanks so much for writing, your TR was awesome, I stand in awe of your ability to spin a yarn. :worship:

Hope your video turned out well, that will be my next big task (ok, ok, after I finish MY TR!)

have a good one!

Great report! Sorry it's over, but now I can quit obsessing over the computer and all these reports to keep up with!

:thumbsup2
Not sure I'm ready for this to be over!
I guess it's good Dog is still dragging his on.... :rolleyes:

APinCA said:
FatherForce said:
Chapter 8 Disney Dreams

“Thanks for taking me on a cruise Dad. You’re the best Dad ever!”

Are you listening Sleepydog?
:tiptoe: I just couldn't sneak by, could I? Ouch. I have got to get my own daughter to come up with a good quote like that. . .I'm going to wake her up right now! "Princess!! Ohhhh, Princess! Wake u-u-u-ppp! Daddy ne-e-e-e-ds you. . ." ;)

FatherForce said:
The Conclusion

The month of October greeted us with a harsh reality.
I woke up, went to the verandah and looked out onto….a parking lot.
We were back in Port Canaveral.
As excited as I was to see Port Canaveral when we had first arrived only 3 days earlier, I was even more depressed to be back.

There isn’t a lot to report from this morning.
We all just got up and dressed in the clothes we’d saved from last night’s packing frenzy.
Double and tripled checked the room.

We walked without talking up to the Beach Blanket Bingo Bonanza Buffet. (Of course, we skipped our 6:30 breakfast seating at Parrot Cay. I hope our serving team was not too upset.)

We had a light breakfast, and then we got in line to leave.

The debarking was a bit frenetic, but the Captain and Christian our Cruise Director were there to say “See You Real Soon.”

I was so very sad.
(I’m even sad now writing about it over a month later)

The scene on the first floor of the terminal where you pick up your luggage was like the burning of Atlanta scene from Gone with the Wind. Suitcases scattered everywhere, while disoriented folks wandered aimlessly searching for their bags.
I was lucky enough to catch a porter, and folks, I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: use the porters working the room.
He got our luggage quickly (even the bag I had put the WRONG room # on) and worked us quickly through the line and customs.
He then took us right to the car (by the white awning), and helped me load it up.
He talked a lot, but honestly, I didn’t listen real well. I was just so grateful for someone to take care of everything.
I tipped him real well, and just like that, we were pulling out of Port Canaveral.

On the way to the airport, we talked little. Sam napped.
We were just exhausted, and spent.

I was amazed that I still had cash in my pocket too.

We had a nifty 5 hour wait in the Orlando Airport which meant we spent a lot of time in the Disney store. I got a commemorative Apollo 13 shirt in the Space Center shop.
As we waited by the gate I watched some football and read about the Foley scandal which was now erupting. I had been completely cut off from my news fix for 7 days, and now I resumed my addiction. I had a beer (and for those worried it was the last alcoholic beverage I’ve had since. I don’t normally drink like I do on vacation. Ok, I had some hard cider on Halloween. Sue Me).

By 7 that night I was driving down Indiana 37 toward home.

It was over.
No fanfare.
No celebration.
Over.

I have edited the hours of video, cleaned up the pictures, and wrote these remarkably long TRs.

In many ways, I do not want to finish this report.
Reliving that amazing week has been a panacea for the ills of the work and the world.
Forging camaraderie with SleepyDog after the fact has been nice too.
We have since discussed his family and mine cruising together in 08.
You’re invited too.
Imagine a cruise with everyone who has been reading his and my Rs.
(Shudder)

To all of you have followed and supported this incredibly overwrought tale, I say thanks. I even say thanks to those who wrote me to tell me they didn’t like my politics or parenting style.

Thanks to Nanci from Magical Journeys for wading through my family’s eccentricities and putting this awesome vacation together for us.

Thanks to those of you who have written TRs before me, especially Royal Vizier, GrumpyDude, LexMelinda, LilyGator, and of course Zweihund.

Thanks to my Cruise Mates including MomSully, Fallon, and of course, SleepyDog and Doc. Sleepy’s talent and humor forced me to attempt to step up my game. And as an aside, my TR may not have been as good as his, but I did finish before him!

Also due thanks (why is this like and Academy Award speech? I keep expecting to hear the orchestra trying to play me off) is the fantastic CMs of WDW and the Wilderness Lodge and the overwhelming awesome crew of the Disney Wonder.

Of course, the real thanks go to my Mom and family especially my lovely and understanding wife, Cheryll, and the best thing to ever happen to me: my daughter Samantha.

Until the next time, See You Real Soon.

DSCN2702.jpg
Well, thanks, FF. . .I just joined the Blubber Express. Do you have frequent traveler miles?

Lyrically done, my friend. You are pithy, witty, and most of all, a wonderfully compassionate observer of the details that make us tick. Somehow, some time, we have got to find a way to sit down and enjoy a beer or two. Yes, I drink beer, too. ;) Your TR has been exceptional--thank you. And thanks for the wonderful memories. . .let's plan on making more of them.

sleepydog25 said:

Somehow, some time, we have got to find a way to sit down and enjoy a beer or two. Yes, I drink beer, too. ;)

It would be my pleasure.
Unless, of course, it's in the shower.

Originally Posted by sleepydog25

Somehow, some time, we have got to find a way to sit down and enjoy a beer or two. Yes, I drink beer, too. ;)

It would be my pleasure.
Unless, of course, it's in the shower.

I have a feminine side. . .just not THAT much of one. . .

Thanks for the WONDERful TR, Father Force! Great details, excellent humor, really enjoyable to read. :cheer2: Sounds like you and your girls enjoyed a really terrific WDW/DCL vacation! :wizard:

Okay,

I don't know you, you live half a country away from me in a city I visited once and stayed in a cheap motel, where I found a cockroach in my bed (got the room at 1/2 price, score!) but I cried, yes teared up at the office after reading your trip report.

You have to love a man who loves the women in his life so much.

And please, take the trip with SleepyDog, write about it and tour the country speaking of your exploits -- I'll be in the front rowwwwww.

Lisa

Loved your TR and trying not to cry at work. I can only imagine the last night and how sad it's going to be. I'm leaving tonight to experience this myself for the first time. I will be boarding the Wonder on Sunday and can feel the pixiedust: already. There was no traffic this morning, my Starbucks was free (my grocery store offers a frequent buyer card), I was on time, all the lights were green...and I could go on. You also made my day by mentioning there's a Disney Store in the airport. Something to do when I arrive the day before and stay at the Hyatt. Youv'e inspired me and I just may have to do my own TR when I get back. Thanks Father Force.

DIANANAVARR said:
You also made my day by mentioning there's a Disney Store in the airport. Something to do when I arrive the day before and stay at the Hyatt. Youv'e inspired me and I just may have to do my own TR when I get back. Thanks Father Force.
There are two Disney Stores in the airport...and take notes for your report.

Father Force, I commend you. Outstanding. Magnificent. Thanks for sharing your trip.
Now I must go bug Sleepy

Oh no, is it really, really over?? Say it isn't so. :guilty:
I loved every word. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it all with us, humor and all. Awesome job!!!! :)

Bumping this up to the top. if you haven't had a chance to read this you should. you will get your groove on! :thumbsup2

Sleepy sent me here to read this....and I'm glad he did!
(I was happy to see this one was finished at least) :rolleyes1

Great report! Laugh out loud funny and it was fun to see how the two trip reports intertwined with the banter back and forth.

You have a beautiful family....thanks for sharing! :teeth:

Yet again I am late to the party.........but here I am along for the ride. I really enjoyed your WDW portion so I am now off to :sail: with ya too!!!

FatherForce said:
Chapter 8 Disney Dreams

The Train to Blubber Town arrived along with the Blubber Town Airways 747, the Blubber Town shuttle bus, the Blubber Town Submarine fleet, and the Blubber Town Gryphon and Zeppelin Fleet (insider Geek reference) all at the exact same time and tears streamed down my face. Samantha grabbed my hand, and she was crying too.

Then Stitch tried to hide from Christian, and shook his butt at him.
Tears turned to laughter.
As we walked back to our room for one last night of sleep at sea, Sam looked at me and said, “Thanks for taking me on a cruise Dad. You’re the best Dad ever!”
She then hugged my waist and then ran off down the hallway toward our room.

I stopped in my tracks and made a mental note to remember that moment for as long I live.

Up Next The Conclusion

Ok that right there did me in........... :sad:
That says it all. I don't have a Princess to share it with but I am fast forwarding to the last night of my upcoming cruise & knowing that I will be joining you on the Blubbertown express at that Goodbye show. Me & my sappy self will be :sad: for sure, ps.....bet my sappy hubby will be :sad: too!!

AWESOME TRIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ROCK FATHERFORCE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter