The "Big" Gift...help

JacobsMommy11002

DIS Veteran
I need ideas for the big gift for my nearly 7 year old son. My daughter is getting an American Girl, but I have no "big" ideas for him. Any suggestions? No more than $200...and that's stratching it (my kids only get 2-3 gifts, and the other 2 are MUCH smaller before I get flamed for my spending habits.)

Boys are hard to buy for, I think anyway. I have two of them. With my oldest (Tristan 7) is extremely difficult. In the past he's always asked for these little gumball machines. I am getting tired of buying those and I found a good way for him to save money. I bought him a 3 foot tall large glass bowl with a cast iron stand gumball machine. He is going to FLIP when he sees this. But he's an interesting kid. He doesn't really like toys or video games very much. Another present for him for Christmas/birthday this year is he gets to choose the park at WDW and we will buy the gift he chooses at the park (within reason) and a birthday cake sent to the room!

This one below isn't the one...but it is similar. Like I mentioned before the stand is cast iron. The machine is blue and not red.

http://www.gumballs.com/kingstand.html

We're thinking of getting an air hockey table for our children. It would be a gift for all of them. Our DS 6 loves to play!

Here are some ideas:

* Nintendo Ds Lite

* Lego set(s) - maybe Indiana Jones or Star Wars w/ a corresponding DVD

* Digital camera or camcorder

I have a boy and girl (now 13 and 16 :scared1: ) I always liked buying for my son because I grew up in an all girl family so the boy toys were new to me and fun! I can't remember extactly which ages I bought these but here goes:

slot car track set

air hockey table

foos ball

big lego kits like Harry Potter Castle and the motorized TRex

handheld gameboy

razor scooter

I have gotten my DS who will be 8 on 12/28 an ipod shuffle & the Pottery Barn Teen MLB quilt as his "big gift". He's been dying for a new bigger boy quilt & I would never spend that much$ on a quilt if it were not a present.:)

I'm in the same boat - DD7 is getting an American Girl doll with tons of outfits from Santa, but I was clueless for DS5! We did get him a Razor scooter, but that wasn't enough. He found 2 of his video games we were going to give from Santa, and I just had no idea what else to get. He doesn't really play with many toys any more, and I'd love to get him a Lego builder set, but he's not ready for something that complex. DH and I just decided last night to get him this:

http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Tiles-Translucent-Colors-100-pieces/dp/B000CBSNRY/ref=pd_sim_t_7

Its a bit more pricey than I'd like to pay, but the reviews are phenomenal (they have cheaper sets with less pieces). Both kids love building things with Legos, love magnets and tinkertoys, so we figured this would be a toy they would always play with, and can be passed down to the next child (should we ever have another). Santa will build something with it under the tree :)

an Ipod - does he have a portable DVD player?
Nintendo DS
Guitar Hero

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter