• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "Besties" Trip - Part Two - December 2-7, 2008 (up.Aug.19th!)

Hi, glad you made it back from Indiana! :goodvibes

The POFQ looks so beautiful. I love all the palms on the walkway.
That's the resort with the Serpent pool isn't it?
I will put it on my list of ....one day I will stay here.

The breakfast pastries looked soo yummy this morning.

I would love to take a leisurely walk around anywhere in WDW today. It's rainy and not too pretty outside.

The comment about "gingy" made me crack up....:rotfl2:
You ladies are too funny!

Your male companion on SE is quite dashing! ;)

I also didn't know there were manatees in the pavilion until reading the TRs. Learn something new everyday on the DIS! :thumbsup2

Yeah, he's ok! ;) I do usually like men with dark hair...:laughing:

Hi, glad you made it back from Indiana! :goodvibes

The POFQ looks so beautiful. I love all the palms on the walkway.
That's the resort with the Serpent pool isn't it?
I will put it on my list of ....one day I will stay here.

The breakfast pastries looked soo yummy this morning.

I would love to take a leisurely walk around anywhere in WDW today. It's rainy and not too pretty outside.

The comment about "gingy" made me crack up....:rotfl2:
You ladies are too funny!

You're getting the rain too?:sad2:I'm so not impressed with this summer! However, a customer today told me that according to the Farmer's Almanac we're due to have a nice fall. Warm and dry for Ontario! I too would love to be walking around WDW instead (even in the rain!)! POFQ is the one with the serpent pool, granted I've never spent much time at the pool. It was too cold when we were there this trip, and in the past there have just been too many gross lovebugs! But the resort is lovely and nice and small which I love! I've had nothing but good experiences there! I definately reccomend it! It's worth the rise in cost from the all-stars I think!

Hey Stace!

Not sure why I haven't checked in for awhile :confused3 POFQ does look lovely (but thank you for only having one of those alligator pics, you know how I feel about them :scared:, I'm sure MeMom will say the same thing about the fish when she returns :laughing:)

I agree with Christine...Lauren likes Epcot the least? :eek: I don't get it but to each his own I guess. I'm sure there are some Animal Kingdom fanatics out there who wonder why I like it the least (not dislike mind you, just the least of the favorites)

Hey Stace!

Not sure why I haven't checked in for awhile :confused3 POFQ does look lovely (but thank you for only having one of those alligator pics, you know how I feel about them :scared:, I'm sure MeMom will say the same thing about the fish when she returns :laughing:)

I agree with Christine...Lauren likes Epcot the least? :eek: I don't get it but to each his own I guess. I'm sure there are some Animal Kingdom fanatics out there who wonder why I like it the least (not dislike mind you, just the least of the favorites)

I didn't know you had a fear of the alligators! Nor did I know MeMom was afraid of fish! I'm sorry darling!:hug: Don't be scared, they're just made of fiberglass!

I guess you would say that Lauren likes Animal Kingdom the least since she's not as fond of animals as I am. But yeah, she likes Epcot, but not like most of us. She was reading C's comment and was laughing! She was just sitting here saying "I don't know why really...I think I'd rather just go to the real places." Oh Lauren.....:rolleyes:

I didn't know you had a fear of the alligators! Nor did I know MeMom was afraid of fish! I'm sorry darling!:hug: Don't be scared, they're just made of fiberglass!

I guess you would say that Lauren likes Animal Kingdom the least since she's not as fond of animals as I am. But yeah, she likes Epcot, but not like most of us. She was reading C's comment and was laughing! She was just sitting here saying "I don't know why really...I think I'd rather just go to the real places." Oh Lauren.....:rolleyes:

No No, see...I actually like REAL alligators (from a reasonable distance of course) It's these characterized ones I don't like! I also don't care for the giant jester on the main building and I REALLY hate that creepy clown slide at Boardwalk :scared:

MeMom likes fish, just not trapped in that tank.

I guess I can see Lauren's point :rolleyes: But since I won't be going to any of those places soon, I'll have to settle for WS

No No, see...I actually like REAL alligators (from a reasonable distance of course) It's these characterized ones I don't like! I also don't care for the giant jester on the main building and I REALLY hate that creepy clown slide at Boardwalk :scared:

MeMom likes fish, just not trapped in that tank.

I guess I can see Lauren's point :rolleyes: But since I won't be going to any of those places soon, I'll have to settle for WS

Really, characterized alligators eh? It's okay, I'm scared of aundioanimatronic dinosaurs!:laughing: And I maintain that that clown looks like it's throwing up children!:rotfl2:

As for Lauren, she has only been to three of the 11 WS countries - Canada (obviously), America (well, we only live 45 minutes from the closest border!), and Italy (she went on a highschool trip that was for art students but she weasled her way in). We're hoping to do England and Scotland in 2010 but who knows? Plus, she doesn't care for Futureworld as much as I do either apparently. I was telling her more about it yesterday and goes "well, I really only like Finding Nemo and sometimes Test Track - the other stuff is boring" I don't know how we're friends sometimes! All I could think of was making her ride Ellen's Energy Adventure over and over until she likes it!:thumbsup2:rotfl2: And when she tries to nap, poking her in the side of the head saying "Wake up! This is your favourite part!"-what a good friend I am!;)

Whoooo-weee! So I've started my new job and between that and visiting family I have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy! I haven't had more than 5-6 hours sleep a night for over a week! But enough complaining (as I've had a great time too!), and on with the pictures!

More solo time ahead! It was time for my Soarin' fast pass, and being a single rider, I got the front row! I sat next to a nice little girl and her parents who had never been on before! They loved it and so did I!

045_45-2.jpg

046_46-2.jpg

After that, I headed over to the Imagination pavillion to visit with Figment and the Szalinski's and Dr.Nigel Channing. I have always been fascinated by that backwards fountain! I want one!

069_69-2.jpg

067_67-2.jpg

After finishing up I decided to take a quick stroll through World Showcase to get some more photos (while Lauren wasn't with me, since she doesn't like to slow down for picture taking!) I started with the lagoon and then headed for my home and native land!

070_70-2.jpg

071_71-2.jpg

073_73-2.jpg

080_80-2.jpg

I have to say, while I have the photo here in my mind and sight, that Lauren and I were both suprised and amused by the Lumberjack Santa in Canada!! I have never heard that story before! We also christened the little evergreen foliage balls as the new - "Spectacular Canadian Christmas Ball!!!!" and would shout it out everytime we walked by!:rotfl:

074_74-2.jpg

076_76-2.jpg

078_78-2.jpg

081_81-2.jpg

084_84-2.jpg

And to finish off this update - some Canadian light fixtures for my good friend LL!

082_82-2.jpg

083_83-2.jpg

The rest of WS will be coming soon! :) Goodnight!

OK, first you tell me Lauren doesn't really like Epcot and now you tell me she doesn't like to stop for pictures?! :faint:

Just kidding. ;) I know you have a great time together. I am jealous of your Soarin and WS time. I would love to be there right about now... ::yes::

OK, first you tell me Lauren doesn't really like Epcot and now you tell me she doesn't like to stop for pictures?! :faint:

Just kidding. ;) I know you have a great time together. I am jealous of your Soarin and WS time. I would love to be there right about now... ::yes::

I know, I know....I don't know how Lauren and I are friends! She just doesn't understand, she doesn't get it....that is why I always need solo time!

I wish I was there too! :)

Hello again!

Long, stressful day today but I'm ready for an update! Here's more of my photo tour through WS:

England
085_85-2.jpg

086_86-2.jpg

France
089_89-2.jpg

087_87-2.jpg

090_90-1.jpg

092_92-2.jpg

093_93-2.jpg

095_95-2.jpg

Morrocco
099_99-2.jpg

100_100-2.jpg

101_101-2.jpg

102_102-2.jpg

103_103-2.jpg

105_105-2.jpg

104_104-2.jpg

Japan
108_108-2.jpg

109_109-2.jpg

I'm afraid there is a lack of photos from Japan. The drummers were out and it was super crowded when I got there! I guess I'll just have to get more next time! :)

Well, that's it for tonight! I'm off to price out the trip in April! Have a good night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter