The Best Way To Say "WE'RE GOING"

I am stealing the first page of the pictures posted for tonight! We are giving our kiddos an early Christmas present and are spilling the news that we leave next week with a stocking full of Disney goodies. Thanks for sharing!

(Can't quote-- I don't have enough posts ;( )

Be sure to let us know how the suprise goes!!!

The anticipation for me was sooo wonderful, knowing what was coming. My son knew we'd be going to DL "someday" but he thought it was going to be in the SUmmer. So we had been reading blogs, looking at the Disney website, checking out ride info etc so he did get excited about our "someday" trip...

That was all intentional on my parent so he would know what we were heading for when he got the suprise.

THIS year, he's totally in on the planning and has already dictated that Tower of Terror is our first ride - UGH not my favorite but the things we do for our kids :guilty:

My cousin got married this past May near DL and we surprised our son who is 6 by telling him at the crosswalk. He knew we were going somewhere else as a side trip, but had no idea. He was watching a movie on the drive from my cousin's house to even when we stayed at the PVI...he didn't see the people wearing ears. He wanted to drive to our destination, but I told him we were walking the the Lego store. Then, he was on a mission to get there fast. We videotaped him and at the crosswalk...my husband told him to look past me at the sign behind me...He read Disneyland and got all excited. It was a great trip!!

Iʻm surprising my girls in a matter of days (Tuesday) and we fly out Wed morning... and get to the parks Thursday morning. I seriously hope their reaction is a good one. I got them tons of goodies for the trip... pajamas, hoodies, ear hats, autograph books, plushes... and the "Iʻm going to disneyland!" shirts to top it all off... Still have no clue as to what to do that isnʻt too labor intensive... only because I work FULL days until that evening. I wonʻt have the time to make a banner, or wrap a box. I may just play a game with them looking for "pirate treasure" since they love Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and have all the "booty" stashed in a chest for them. thatʻs the best idea I have right now! LOL :rotfl:

Funny you should ask this today! Our boys are away for the weekend with grandma so today hubby and I put up our Christmas Tree. YES on NOV 4th!
We decorated it with fun ornaments and pictures and a sign proclaiming that we are going on a cruise to Mexico for a Christmas gift. We leave Dec 2 so we wanted them to have some time to get excited about it and learn abut the places we will go. They will be so freaked out when they get home to find the tree up!

Part 2 of our surprise is that we will be visiting Disneyland for 2 days before we leave on our cruise. That part we won't tell them until the day we leave to fly to LA. They will be SO excited! I still have to get the details of that surprise figured out :). Fun!

Here is a picture of our Christmas tree for this year - all ready to go!

985ecbe6a0af12ac189b2ceb55f88ad8.jpg

0892d7a364aa428c8be2952206780632.jpg

Be sure to let us know how the suprise goes!!!

The anticipation for me was sooo wonderful, knowing what was coming. My son knew we'd be going to DL "someday" but he thought it was going to be in the SUmmer. So we had been reading blogs, looking at the Disney website, checking out ride info etc so he did get excited about our "someday" trip...

That was all intentional on my parent so he would know what we were heading for when he got the suprise.

THIS year, he's totally in on the planning and has already dictated that Tower of Terror is our first ride - UGH not my favorite but the things we do for our kids :guilty:

It worked out wonderful! My SIL and I bought Disney stockings from the Dollar Tree and filled them with Disney items and things we would use in the parks. Glow sticks, Disney Tatoos, Disney Fruit Snacks, cheese and crackers, Disney PEZ, Disney Shrinky Dinks..... We put the stockings in gift bags, read the poem, and had them open it. They just kept saying, Disney? Mickey Mouse? Disney on Ice? Disney?
We had to keep prompting Disney.....
When they finally figured it out the 5 year olds kept screaming we are going to Disneyland in 3 years! We told them we are going tomorrow. I guess we had drilled the 3 year thing into their heads too much.
It was a fun way to tell them and they got to use a lot of the items in the parks.
We had a great trip. Thanks to everyone of the boards for your help.

My girls are older, 12 & 14 so I bought them the personalized Disney gift cards with a picture from their last trip (they were so little :)) and I could personalize the holder so i wrote: "Save this for our trip to DISNEYLAND in February". I bought new Minnie & Mickey pjs for them and new shirts to wear-all of it will go in their stockings for Christmas morning...:cool1:

This thread is so much fun! We are scaling way back on Christmas this year, and DL is going to be our big family gift. We're going at the beginning of January, so they'll still have some time for the anticipation, but I think we're going to have them unwrap something for the trip on Christmas morning - I bought them each two t-shirts and a pair of pjs from the Disney store when they were having the sale, so maybe one of those items, though I also want to save some of those things for when we're actually there, to try to avoid buying too many souvenirs in the park. Decisions, decisions!

danaesacto said:
My girls are older, 12 & 14 so I bought them the personalized Disney gift cards with a picture from their last trip (they were so little :)) and I could personalize the holder so i wrote: "Save this for our trip to DISNEYLAND in February". I bought new Minnie & Mickey pjs for them and new shirts to wear-all of it will go in their stockings for Christmas morning...:cool1:

Hi! You said you bought them personalized Disney gift cards. Where did you purchase these and the holders? I have a 13 and 14 yr old that I'm trying to surprise for mid December. Ur imput wld help me a lot.

Flying into San Diego 3/24 going to do zoo and sea world then taking AMTRAK to Anaheim for 4 days @PPH. Kids have no idea we are going to DLR. We booked through AAA and each family member will be getting new pin lanyard and pin. We will also have purchased pins in bulk for trading. I am thinking of putting the new lanyard loaded with pins to trade for each child in a gift wrapped box and while we are on the train give them the gifts and tell them "you'll need this when we get where we are going". Any thoughts?

To tell our DS(5 at the time) that we were going to DL, we wrapped up a HUGE box, like 3 feet tall and 4x4 feet wide. The top had no cardboard on it so the paper just covered it. We put in Mickey and Minnie Airwalker balloons (they are about 3 feet tall each) and an airplane balloon I found online in the box. On Christmas morning, my son broke through the paper on the top of the box and the balloons floated out. There was a card from Santa saying he was going to Disneyland. He was so excited.

We are leaving December 21 for Disneyland,it is a Christmas present for our kids,ages 9 and 7- they have never been there. I drew a Christmas tree on a large piece of card stock and drew lights and Mickey Mouse head ornaments all over the tree and wrote "we are going to Disneyland for Christmas". I'm going to cut the drawing up into puzzle pieces and have them put it together to figure out the surprise.

Two summers ago, DH and I took our niece & nephew (7&11 at the time) to Disneyland & stay the Disneyland hotel. We didn't tell them anything! We were driving and they kept asking where we were going, since I made them pack. I just kept saying you'll see. They were guessing various friends houses and other places. Then once we got to the Disneyland exit and got off, I said we had to get gas. Then once we got to the hotel entrance I told them we turned the wrong way. LOL! They were going crazy. It was hilarious. When we actually parked, they were so excited. They had the best time. Said it was the best hotel they had ever been to. :) Later in the fall, my sister sent me a paper my niece had written for school and it was all about our adventure driving to the Disneyland Resort. :goodvibes Made me so happy.

Also check out Pinterest for some fun Disney ideas. We were able to make shirts, ornaments, autograph books, penny presser coin holders.... lot of fun stuff. We had the kids open a gift each day of our trip and then bought one souvenier the final day.
Have fun with your surprise everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter