The best thing I ever ate @ wdw?

Rox.jea

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever saw the show on Travel Channel: The Best thing I ever ate? I thought WE HAVE to start a thread on the best thing I ever ate @ WDW. If you have a pic add it with your review of what made it THE BEST!! :donald::ccat::simba::stitch::tigger::dumbo:

At Jiko, the Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin appetizer with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle oil and micro Cilantro is insanely good. The meat is so delicious and tender. It makes a filet mignon seem tough and chewy.

images

The best think I ever ate @ Disney. For me
It would have to be the:
Steak and fish dish and Rose and Crown. I just loved.
Do not have photo. sorry I think the steak was better then Le Cellier I know I know lots of people love it be had a good meal at Le Celler as well but Rose and Crown's Steak was really good.

Best Entree for 1 Credit: Le Cellier's mushroom filet with risotto and truffle butter

IMG_0612.jpg

Best Dessert for 1 Credit: Yak and Yeti's cream cheese wontons

IMG_7213.jpg

Best Sushi: Tuna 3 Ways at California Grill.

IMG_7403.jpg

Best Appetizer (tie): Artist Point's crab salad with cucumber mint sorbet and black sea salt

IMG_0566.jpg

Artist Point's spring pea risotto with pork belly, watermelon radishes, and goat cheese crisp

IMG_0564.jpg

Best Dessert: Artist Point's fresh seasonal berry cobbler

IMG_0625.jpg

I couldn't pick a best entree overall

My gosh I can't find my pics & I started the dang thread. I need to get more organized! LOL!It seems like everyone's best things are much more fancy than mine. Mine was the banana bread french toast from Olivia's Cafe. It was the best! I'm sure I have many many runners up tho.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

At Jiko, the Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin appetizer with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle oil and micro Cilantro is insanely good. The meat is so delicious and tender. It makes a filet mignon seem tough and chewy.

images
REally? THat is something my husband would try! I'll have to show him ur pic!:thumbsup2

The best think I ever ate @ Disney. For me
It would have to be the:
Steak and fish dish and Rose and Crown. I just loved.
Do not have photo. sorry I think the steak was better then Le Cellier I know I know lots of people love it be had a good meal at Le Celler as well but Rose and Crown's Steak was really good.
We have Le Celler booked for the 1rst time but now u have me thinking r&c. :rolleyes:I'm much more of a seafood person & my husband likes both but lovvves his steaks.

Best Entree for 1 Credit: Le Cellier's mushroom filet with risotto and truffle butter

IMG_0612.jpg

Best Dessert for 1 Credit: Yak and Yeti's cream cheese wontons

IMG_7213.jpg

Best Sushi: Tuna 3 Ways at California Grill.

IMG_7403.jpg

Best Appetizer (tie): Artist Point's crab salad with cucumber mint sorbet and black sea salt

IMG_0566.jpg

Artist Point's spring pea risotto with pork belly, watermelon radishes, and goat cheese crisp

IMG_0564.jpg

Best Dessert: Artist Point's fresh seasonal berry cobbler

IMG_0625.jpg

I couldn't pick a best entree overall

That berry cobbler is looking amazing!!!!! Everyhthing else you have looks so mega fancy! I'm gonna have to open my mind to new things!
but the lamb shank at the Wave was really good, too.

It has been years but it was the Parmesan mashed potatoes at chef mickeys.

Oh I know those. I eat those w/ the salad bar @ CM!! LOL!! They are my fav on that buffet! Unless they are garlic now, IDK but very good!
Bread pudding at Ragland Road :love:
My sis wants to try this place. Must be good! :)

Mine was a potato pancake-artichoke-mushroom dish at the Crystal Palace in 2001. I've gone back on every trip since then including twice in 2002 and 2004 and have never found it again. :sad2:

Unfortunately, next trip DW wants to hit CRT on the night she joins me for MNSSHP and we won't get to try again.

Most of mine are sadly no more-
Scallop appt from Chefs de France it was on a tomato sauce. I could have licked the plated. Michigan Blueberry Souffle from when CG had the Souffle oven.
so now it would be the Cobb Salad at HBD
Kae

Tuna Oscar at Kona - it has a bbq rub on it, with crab, wasabi, some kind of cream sauce - it was just good! (Kona is my favorite)

tuna.jpg

Best Soup- Smoky Portobello at Artist Point and Leek at Rose and Crown (tie, but I'd give the edge to AP)
Best Salad- Colony Salad at Liberty Tree Tavern
Best Seafood- Cantonese Fried Lobster at Bluezoo
Best Beef Entree- Filet at California Grill and Filet at Jiko (tie)
Best Other Meat Entree- Pork with Zinfandel Glaze and Mushrooms over Goat Cheese Polenta at California Grill
Best Side Dish- Farro Risotto with Crustacean Sauce at California Grill
Best Sushi- Hurricane Roll at California Grill
Best Breakfast- Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe
Best Dessert- Almond Cheesecake at Narcoossee's
Best Quick Service- Flame Tree Barbecue Ribs
Best Freebie- Onion Pull Apart Rolls at Yachtsman
Best Non Alcoholic Beverage- Jamba Juice at Boma
Best Alcoholic Beverage- Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge
Best Item No Longer Served- Green Beans from 'Ohana with the soy glaze, red onions and bacon and the Lemon Garlic Shrimp from Spoodles!

Wow, sorry I went overboard. lol.

I guess I am just a plain/simple kind of person, everything everyone has mentioned sounds/looks good.

I cant live without the School Break from the bakery in the Norway Pavillion.

Had it on the last day of our first trip, then the next trip I must have had it 3 times (everytime we were in Epcot)

It could very well have been the fact that I was pregnant on our last visit to WDW but, the Shrimp Tempura sushi (and the seaweed salad, I guess thats what it was) at Cali Grill was the best thing I've ever eaten in my life.
43413506.jpg

Ok I have to dig for pics but I wanted to add mine in no..

Best breakfast: Tonga Toast
Best entree: Le Cellier Mushroom Fillet with cream cheese potatos
Best dessert: Narcossee Almond Encrusted Cheese cake
Best side dish : Ohana (no more ) maui scalloped potatos, now its CM parm mash Potato
Best juice: whatever that tropical blend Poly CL has
Best cocktail: I have three cottontini from Trex and Pina Colava from anywhere in WDW, sangrai punch from Poly CL

I have yet to find the best savory snack at WDW we usually get sweets but I am determined to get savory atleast once this trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter