The best macaroni and cheese

minniefan65

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I are looking for the best macaroni and cheese on property. Where have you found the best macaroni and cheese and why is it so great?

Subscribing....I have a mac-n-cheese crazy kid who would love to have this info...he's looking forward to trying the mac-n-cheese hot dog in AK. lol

My nine year old daughter finds Kraft mac so pedestrian LOL

Haven't had any of these yet, but from my research, we plan to try the following this fall:

Wolfgang Puck Express - mac and cheese entree

Jiko - white cheddar mac that comes with the steak (this is the one with the most/best reviews I've found)

Sommerest (QS in Germany pavilion) - nudel gratin

I think there are a couple of other places that offer mac and cheese as a side at TS, but since those menus change often, I am not counting on them. I have heard the Jiko one is pretty much all the time and is available even if not on the menu.

Jiko, their mac and cheese is good, but it has a lot of different cheeses that kids might not want.

The Mara at AKL has really good mac and cheese (at least they did when we went back in July 2013)

The Cookes of Dublin mac + cheese is some of the best I've had. They use a real sharp cheddar, so good! I can't wait to go back!

I had lobster Mac-n-cheese at house of blue's in DTD, definitely a splurge and not diet friendly. It does have the homemade feel with bread crumb topping. My ds10 had to get it because it was Mac-n-cheese but it fell flat since it was nothing close to kraft.

J'aime beaucoup le gratin de macaroni aux Chefs de France!

OMG, the Gruyère cheese sauce is so rich and creamy, and there's a hint of nutmeg or something that's not even really discernable but keeps it from being bland without being salty. And the texture! Nice and firm and brown on the top, soft and yielding on the bottom.

Now, I'm a slow eater even under normal circumstances. But this time, I was trying to savor every mouthful and make it last so long that my friends were getting truly impatient with me, wanting to go explore the rest of EPCOT while I sat there like an idiot lingering over every noodle.

The waiter very kindly recommended a wine to go with it, but darned if I can remember which one it was. I do remember it was red and perfect. It may have been a Merlot.

The kids mac and cheese at Raglan Road was amazing. I am hoping I can order off the kids menu on our next trip lol.

Hmm... after reading the prior posts, Im almost afraid to say....:blush: just for reference, my DD's favorite mac and cheese is Velvetta shells and cheese. At Disney, she had M&C at Coral Reef, AoA food court, and Hollywood and Vine. Her favorite BY FAR was H&V. In fact, she wouldnt even touch AoA's. Its the baked pie kind, not creamy. She didnt like Coral reefs either, but she ate 2 plates from H&V.

My kids have liked the Mac and cheese at LTT, Pinocchio's, Ohana and Biergarten.

My favorites are:

Flying Fish Cafe - They have an AWESOME truffle mac and cheese - Love getting if for my side with their excellent NY Strip

Yachtsman Steakhouse- also has a great truffle mac and cheese - love getting it with a porterhouse

Shula's has a crab mac and cheese that could be a meal for 2 its HUGE!! And delicious! I got this for my side with the 12 oz filet and it was way to much food and I have a really big appetite!

Jiko - Mac and cheese is good even better when paired with their Filet and Red Wine reduction!

Hope this helps!

Crystal Palace....creamy, cheesy, and just plain delicious!:cloud9: Best comfort food at WDW, at least for me!:thumbsup2

One thing's for sure, it isn't the CS version! :rotfl2:

We have the funniest picture of me pulling a face after trying it when I was 9.

My daughter loves Kraft mac and cheese and hates the ones she has tried at WDW. I have tried a few on the buffet and they were pretty bad. We will have to try some buffet ones again.

The one on Bomas buffer was actually pretty good.
For me, I loved this from Mama Melrose-
Charred Strip Steak - with five-cheese baked macaroni, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction

The one on Bomas buffer was actually pretty good.
For me, I loved this from Mama Melrose-
Charred Strip Steak - with five-cheese baked macaroni, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction

Good to know..My oldest will actually be an adult this time on the DDP (10 years old) so I'm going to recommend this dish for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter