The best hotel

If money was not issue - the Grand Floridian hands down. It is beautiful & on the monorail. The resturants are all good.

I feel like I am getting two vacations in one - a relaxing resort and Disney all in one.

I love all the Disney Resorts I've stayed in. For our honeymoon we were able to spend some time in the Grand Floridian - oh my goodness!!! If you're going without kids that would probably be my first suggestion. On the monorail, relaxing, luxurious - all in 1!
Unless you're looking for more of a night life, then you might want to consider the boardwalk area or something closer to downtown Disney. The Boardwalk is a wonderful resort. Very nice, very convenient to Epcot and MGM. We're staying there for this upcoming trip (in October). We're not huge on the nightlife as our kids go to bed b/w 7 & 8 but the convenience will be great for nap times(plus it's the wine and food festival at Epcot). Plus it's a very nice hotel and a great pool for our son (hopefully it's warm enough!).
For theming (outdoorsy or kids) - Wilderness Lodge is awesome. It's like a lodge at a National Park only with all of the Disney amenities. A little less convenient than some of the others. There is a boat to Magic Kingdom but busses everywhere else.
I've stayed at two others - Old Key West - very nice but a bit out of the way for the parks. A lot to do on resort property though and Carribean Beach - I loved it but I was about 13 at the time and I know we had to take the bus everywhere. It was my first time on Disney property so I was thrilled. I'm not sure it's the best though. Fun theme for kids.
Good luck!
~Christyhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/dance.gif
:dance3:

I have stayed at pretty much all the resorts. Every one has a different opinion but I will give you mine.

Deluxe - the poly. We stayed here the first time in September and it is by far our favorite. We relaxed by the pool and beach for two days of our trip. We never do that! We actually felt like we were on vacation. Our kids are 3 & 4 and all they wanted to do was swim. It is just so cozy there!

Moderate - CSR hands down. You hear a lot of negative about this resort. The only thing I could see a problem with is Pepper Market. Although, we have never had a bad experience with Pepper Market. I feel out of all the moderate choices this one is the most relaxing. It is beautiful at night. We never had to wait for buses.

Value - Pop century. I just love the theming of this place. You truly get the Disney "feel" here. I think the layout is inviting. We have stayed at all-stars. I did not hate all-stars, I just like pop better.

We have never stayed at AKL. We are going to stay there in December. I am excited!

I have stayed at just about all the deluxes, each several times.....well all except AKL and WL which do nothing for me.

The Grand Floridian is best - with or without kids. I have 3 kids and they have all had a ball there over and over again along with DH and myself.:goodvibes We have had consistantly great service at the GF. Not so with the other resorts.

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter