• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Best Gluten Free Item I Ate in Disney Is...

The GF/egg free/dairy free/soy free/nut free brownie at crystal palace. Amazing!

And the GF/allergen free Mickey waffles

Ratatouille, salmon, and beet salad at crystal palace

Salmon at 50s prime time

Allergy chicken tenders

My family loves the gluten free macadamia nut pancakes at Kona! We have to get them at least once if not twice each trip. It takes us a while to get there bus hopping but well worth the effort!

The hummus and GF pita at Kouzzina! Really our entire meal there was fantastic!we went twice on our last trip we loved it so much!

GF Fish & Chips at Raglan Road and "The Goat's Town" with bruléed cheese instead of herb-rolled.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Philly cheese steak at the Plaza. It was in a GF roll and came with potato chip. It was delicious. They also made me an awesome GF vanilla shake. Nomnomnom.

I didn't know about SO many of these ideas, and I've been doing WDW gluten free for years! I'm sooo excited to try all of these!

I know it was already mentioned, but the Kilahuea Torte at Kona Cafe is currently my favorite Walt Disney World dessert. The chef said it isn't listed as gluten-free on the menu because no one would believe it! However, it is not dairy free.

We stayed at Pop Century in December 2012 and I had perhaps the best Disney pizza I have ever had. I was expecting a pre-packaged Amy's pizza (do they even have those anymore?) but this was fantastic! The crust was good and not crispy or burnt, the cheese was very pulley, and the sauce was good too.

Robert

This is very helpful, as I'm the trip planner and DS fiancee is GF and going for her first trip!:goodvibesI am wondering if there are any GF on the menu at: Be Our Guest counter service, FlameTree BBQ, Yak and Yeti, and Columbia Harbour House? all our other meals will be at TS and I know they can accomodate. Looking forward to your help:thumbsup2I want to make sure she can eat well with the rest of us :lmao:

This is very helpful, as I'm the trip planner and DS fiancee is GF and going for her first trip!:goodvibesI am wondering if there are any GF on the menu at: Be Our Guest counter service, FlameTree BBQ, Yak and Yeti, and Columbia Harbour House? all our other meals will be at TS and I know they can accomodate. Looking forward to your help:thumbsup2I want to make sure she can eat well with the rest of us :lmao:

I can only help you with 2 of these as we haven't attempted BoG yet (though I hear it's pretty good for GF including having a dessert that's different than everywhere else which is a huge plus) and we don't try non-Disney owned restaurants like Y&Y because we've got lots of allergies and they're just not as good with complicated situations like our.

Columbia Harbour House: This is one of the two places we stick with for CS at MK, the other being Cosmic Ray's. We pretty much always get the chicken tenders there. We've had only good experiences. I think they have other options too but we just really like the tenders.

Flame Tree BBQ: This is our go-to CS location at AK. The chicken, ribs, pulled pork and maybe some other stuff are all safe though you have to get them without sauce (I think; my kids don't like sauce and since we tend to share I just ask for it without sauce). They do have GF buns for the pulled pork.

I had GF lunch at Be Our Guest last week. The cashier read the numerous available options and I chose the turkey sandwich on "millet bread". It was served on 2 hot dog buns which simulated baguettes ;) Also had the GF cream puff dessert. Both were very tasty and I'd order them again. I loved that my food was hand delivered by a manager walking next to the food cart carrying the order of my gluten eating companion. So I enjoyed the cute service without the cross contamination concern.

It had been several years since my last WDW trip and, in my experience, the excellent availability of GF food has only improved. All managers were knowledgeable and my food was prepared quickly and served separately.

I am happy to hear about the positive BOG review. We have dinner booked for our fall trip and this one is a wild card for us.

I try to do s lot of planning before we travel gluten free but with BOG being do new there are not too many reviews out there.

wow....I've been taking my ds to WDW for 20 years,b/c it's the BEST place to go when you're worried about food allergies,they are GREAT! and yet I'm learning about some foods here that I didn't know were available....I can't believe it! New things to try for next trip....I want to try Raglan Road now!
BTW,I may have a different viewpoint from others here, but I have never considered my ds's food allergies a 'disability'...and I always taught him growing up that he wasn't necessarily 'missing out' on some foods, he was 'choosing carefully' for his own health. I didn't want to raise him with a 'poor old me' attitude b/c he couldn't eat certain foods.....I tried to develop in him a positive attitude toward taking charge of his own good health....
(not saying that anyone here does that, I was just sharing my own thoughts on this)

This is very helpful, as I'm the trip planner and DS fiancee is GF and going for her first trip!:goodvibesI am wondering if there are any GF on the menu at: Be Our Guest counter service,

We went to BOG in December and DS got a lovely GF cupcake at lunch...mmmm Likewise got a nice cupcake at Starring Rolls in DHS.....GF mmm! it goes without saying that Babycakes NYC at DTD has all kinds of yummy treats that are GF:thumbsup2

We went to BOG in December and DS got a lovely GF cupcake at lunch...mmmm Likewise got a nice cupcake at Starring Rolls in DHS.....GF mmm! it goes without saying that Babycakes NYC at DTD has all kinds of yummy treats that are GF:thumbsup2

Things must have changed since your visit. I was at BOG 2 weeks ago and there were no cupcakes, but the GF cream puff with lemon custard was tasty. Spoke with a manager and there were no GF baked goods at Starring Rolls.

We've eaten wonderful GF meals at Garden Grill, Crystal Palace(breakfast and lunch) and Le Cellier. Second Ragland Road. We really do not have a problem finding really good GF options, except dessert. Packaged cookies or brownies are bleck!

I'd love to hear about your favorite GF Disney foods. I have had a lot of good GF meals in Disney and I'm looking forward to more. I have to admit that my favorite was fried chicken at 50s Prime Time. I almost never eat any fast food, but I had to try the chicken as I haven't had fried chicken in over 5 years. It was really good.

I'm looking forward to your responses! Thanks))

The gf/df brownie sundae with chocolate sauce at 50s Prime Time was AWESOME! Come to think of it, the platter of the trio of specialities from prime time that the chef whipped up for me was also out of this world! Chicken, roast beef, and meatloaf with veggies and mashed potatoes! The other gf/df item I never miss is the corn bread at WCC. It was so good I asked for seconds :)

I don't think most people with food allergies sees having these allergies as a disability. Special diets questions are just listed here on the disABILITIES forum because it's the most fitting place. IMO, that is :)

BTW,I may have a different viewpoint from others here, but I have never considered my ds's food allergies a 'disability'...and I always taught him growing up that he wasn't necessarily 'missing out' on some foods, he was 'choosing carefully' for his own health. I didn't want to raise him with a 'poor old me' attitude b/c he couldn't eat certain foods.....I tried to develop in him a positive attitude toward taking charge of his own good health....
(not saying that anyone here does that, I was just sharing my own thoughts on this)

I don't think most people with food allergies sees having these allergies as a disability. Special diets questions are just listed here on the disABILITIES forum because it's the most fitting place. IMO, that is :)

Exactly. I don't consider my asthma or my gastroenteritis to be a disability either. But all 3 require special planning and need to be taken into considerations usually on a daily basis. So it's not a disability to be...it's just somethign that requires special attentino or consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter