The Best Food Item You Have Ever Had On DCL!

Trekker

I've gone to find myself, If I return make me stay
I have to admit there are a very few items that I think are bad on DCL for food - but there are way more that I think are really good!

Let's give the first time cruisers on the boards an idea of the favorites!

I'm a diabetic and I really like that there are always no sugar added dessert options that are wonderfully tasty!

I also really like the chicken strips from the faast food place on deck nine of the Magic! - They always hit the spot!

For the MDRs it is really hard to beat lobster night - I always order both the lobster and a steak and create my own surf-n-turf dinner! YUM!

What are your favorites?

Pan-seared Sea Bass at Enchanted Garden on the Dream. The Prime Rib at EG was a close second.

Lamb chops on the buffet on first day. Love the ice cream sundaes for dessert in MDR. Just 82 more days !!!!!!!

One best food? I don't think I can list just one.
The strawberry soup available in the boarding buffet and the Palo brunch.
The grape & gorgonzola pizza at Palo brunch.
The chocolate souffle at Palo dinner.

I wish I had a recipe for that strawberry soup!

Truffled pasta purses in AP on the Dream.

Yum! I concur with everything already posted and I would add the Grilled Portabello & Polenta at Palo dinner. (and I don't even like mushrooms. :confused3) Can't wait to see what else is listed... popcorn::

For me its always been the Palo Brunch stollen bread with berries and fresh whipped cream. So simple but so good!!

Pan-seared Sea Bass at Enchanted Garden on the Dream. The Prime Rib at EG was a close second.

Those would be my two picks! I found most of the food was good and found the desserts mediocre at best. Disney does an excellent job of seafood, the fish was always cooked perfectly, but the sea bas was EXCELLENT! Sea bass and prime rib (you could cut it with a fork) were excellent.

And yes, those chicken fingers at Cabanas were yummy!

I agree with all of those!!! :love:

I'm going to add:
Avocado Citrus salad
Cold Cream of Mango and Papaya soup
Beef Short Ribs
Every dessert I tried!

My husband loved:
The Three Cheese Lobster Macaroni

From a Disney Cookbook:
Recipes from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
Cold Strawberry Soup

2lb. 8oz. strawberries(frozen variety,thaw with juice)
16 oz Heavy Cream
2 oz. Sour Cream
3 oz. Yogurt
1/2 lb. Fresh Stawberries
Mix thawed strawberries, heavy cream, sour cream and yogurt. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency. Chill, shake well before serving. Add fresh strawberries halves as garnish.

I think it's close if not the same.

From a Disney Cookbook:
Recipes from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
Cold Strawberry Soup

2lb. 8oz. strawberries(frozen variety,thaw with juice)
16 oz Heavy Cream
2 oz. Sour Cream
3 oz. Yogurt
1/2 lb. Fresh Stawberries
Mix thawed strawberries, heavy cream, sour cream and yogurt. Beat slowly until well mixed and a smooth consistency. Chill, shake well before serving. Add fresh strawberries halves as garnish.

I think it's close if not the same.

That sounds soooooooo delish right now! I think I know (part of) what I'm making for dinner tonight!!! :woohoo:

I think the only main entrees that amazed me on the ship were the Steak in Palo for Dinner and the Lobster Ravioli was awesome.

For dessert I think the Chocolate Suffle was amazing but in reality I was overhyped on it before I tried it so it was kinda a letdown. I don't know if I was expecting fireworks to go off when I took my first byte. Don't get me wrong it was really good but I was all hyped up on it too much.

My wife died over the angel food/pound cake dessert I think on Pirate night. She got 2 helpings of it she loved it so much and she doesn't eat much believe me.

I really liked the Key Lime Pie we had at lunch in Triton's on the Wonder.

And of course the Lava Cake was everyone's favorite in our group. Plus I was surprised by how good the Mickey bars are. I now understand why people were so upset when they were gone that short time.

We really liked the hot dogs on deck nine. They were pretty good and the chicken fingers were good as well.

My son and I cruised the Wonder August 2010 (I know, we are well over due for another cruise) and the biscuits with sausage gravy were mind blowing. No matter what and where I was eating if the biscuits and gravy were being served I was having them. I grew up surrounded by great southern cooks so I know a good biscuit when i taste one, and these were top notch. :worship:

The short ribs were also delicious.

On the Disney Dream, the Lobster Ravioli in Palo was exquisite! It was creamy, filling, and very rich. Loved it.

I also loved the lamb chops, ate every bite, and normally I don't like lamb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter